Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Spend MY money

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/14, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spend MY money

Ok 'The Mustang Source', spend my money!

I'm devoting $2,000 over the next 8 weeks for mods to my 14 GT. It's a grabber blue and matte (maybe gloss) black theme.
It's a daily driver. Non-track use. All "Show and some go."
Also, feel free to chime in with suggestions on things I'm missing. example: SR springs will need relocation brackets and panhard bar. +$400?

I'm thinking either
Option 1:
GT500 axle back exhaust. $320,
Boss side exit exhaust $770
QTP electric cutouts. $320
MGW shifter. $414
Shipping??
Total: $1824

Option 2:

GT500 axle back exhaust $320
MGW Shifter $414
Stainless Steel clutch line $60
Transmission fluid?? $60
MMD side scoops $250
MMD hood scoop $275
MMD Headlight splitters $130
MMD hood strut kit. $90
Modern Billet Black Grill $190
SR Lowering Springs. $190
Shipping???
Total. $1990

Right now,
Like I said it's all show and no go. But it's a GT. Plenty of power for me, until I get a roush supercharger.

Thanks again everyone. Warmest regards!
Old 4/13/14, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't understand the need for cutouts when you're wanting a boss midpipe AND gt500 mufflers. seems like a big waste of money. I have Borla S-Types and I have no need for more exhaust volume.

MGW shifter is a great mod idea.

Headlight splitters are horrible looking, and instead of SR springs look @ Steeda or even Ford Racing.
Old 4/13/14, 09:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Steeda Mustang Handling Pack - Stage 3 - 11-14

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...pack-555-2383/

$1600 minus the 10% sale = $1460

Mustang Exhaust with Round Tips (2011-2014)
http://www.roushperformance.com/part...2011-2012.html

$486

done
Old 4/13/14, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Good choices!!

The only reason I wanted the GT500's was:
- Zero drone
-priced right
- not super loud on cold starts.

I figure a roush or something similar would be too loud for early morning start ups.

But with the boss quad exhaust
I can open it up when I want to be loud.
A cop lives in the house to the left and another in the house to the right. One cop has already told me off about my third brake light tint. He also said don't tint my windows because I'll be pulled over non-stop.

I've given a heck of a lot of thought to almost every system out there
Old 4/14/14, 01:08 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had the roush AB on my 2012 5.0 and it was quite until 2500 rpm.
Old 4/14/14, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We could set you up with a full suspension system, Roush AB's and maybe a tune and tuner for under 2k If you're going to get springs, get dampers that can control and support them. Struts and shocks are the base of your suspension and the most important part.
Old 4/14/14, 07:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'd move
Old 4/14/14, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

That sounds like an insane deal!

I was thinking an air ride suspension solely for the purpose of adjustability on the fly, but I drive a muscle car, not an import tuner.

I have seen air ride on a few mustangs, and the potholes and speed bumps on Alberta are the worst.

But, you might sell me on a good set of shocks and springs yet Jay!
Old 4/14/14, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
Ok 'The Mustang Source', spend my money!

I'm devoting $2,000 over the next 8 weeks for mods to my 14 GT. It's a grabber blue and matte (maybe gloss) black theme.
It's a daily driver. Non-track use. All "Show and some go."
Also, feel free to chime in with suggestions on things I'm missing. example: SR springs will need relocation brackets and panhard bar. +$400?

I'm thinking either
Option 1:
GT500 axle back exhaust. $320,
Boss side exit exhaust $770
QTP electric cutouts. $320
MGW shifter. $414
Shipping??
Total: $1824

Option 2:

GT500 axle back exhaust $320
MGW Shifter $414
Stainless Steel clutch line $60
Transmission fluid?? $60
MMD side scoops $250
MMD hood scoop $275
MMD Headlight splitters $130
MMD hood strut kit. $90
Modern Billet Black Grill $190
SR Lowering Springs. $190
Shipping???
Total. $1990

Right now,
Like I said it's all show and no go. But it's a GT. Plenty of power for me, until I get a roush supercharger.

Thanks again everyone. Warmest regards!
Instead of spending a ton of money on option 1's exhaust, I'd save a little more an opt for just the GT500 axleback and electric cut-outs. That will give you the best of both worlds, and save you a lot of cash from the Boss side exit exhaust.

I like all the exterior mods you have listed for looks. There's no doubt the exterior will grab a lot of positive attention there. I particularly like the MMD hood scoop!

Lastly, with the SR lowering springs, I suggest an adjustable panhard bar and an adjustable upper control arm at the least. With those two things, you'll maintain the factory suspension geometry, which is important. The anything in addition to these mods are certainly helpful, but not required for a 1.5" drop on 11-14 Mustangs. Of course, you'll need an alignment too.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact me!

Shane
Old 4/14/14, 10:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Steeda Mustang Handling Pack - Stage 3 - 11-14

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...pack-555-2383/

$1600 minus the 10% sale = $1460
We could definitely provide you with a nice package with your budget in mind ... does your budget also include install & labor?

You can send me an email to tim@steeda.com if you would like me to have a sales rep run the numbers?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 4/14/14, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just got the MGW and I wish that it was the first thing that I did.
Old 4/14/14, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I do appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. I'll certainly be talking to the vendors about what direction I might go.

I'm currently thinking of emulating the American Muscle MMD mustang: headlight splitters, air ride suspension, MMD hood scoop etc.

As for exhaust, my brother currently complains about my stock exhaust at 11:30 pm at night during cold start-ups. Saying it's "too loud".
Which is why I'm opting for the GT500 axle backs and Boss side exhaust. I don't want to be "that guy".
Maybe the track key as well, but that only has the loopey idle; maybe a procal tune is better?

Part of me is torn between keeping the warranty, and going for all visual mods, Versus going for broke and a vortech or roush supercharger!!
Old 4/16/14, 05:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the Boss exhaust on mine and I am also doing the QTP cut-outs because at highway speed the exhaust is way load... not drone, just loud. Wasn't that loud before the Boss side exhaust. I'm also adding the quad tip GT500 exhaust. i want it loud when I'm not highway cruising.
Old 4/17/14, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I have the Boss exhaust on mine and I am also doing the QTP cut-outs because at highway speed the exhaust is way load... not drone, just loud. Wasn't that loud before the Boss side exhaust. I'm also adding the quad tip GT500 exhaust. i want it loud when I'm not highway cruising.
Thanks for the advice!
I'm debating between a new set of GT500 single tip exhausts, or a used quad exhaust (end up being the same price with shipping to Canada)
So all I'd need is the rear valence for $250 plus maybe $50-75 shipping to my door.

Then I'll add the boss exhaust and QTP cutouts!
I'm so excited. Going to coat them with some nice black high heat paint first.
Old 4/17/14, 08:57 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
"Spend my money" would imply that I get to spend YOUR money on MY own mods. Given that, the title's a little misleading. It's actually helping you decide what you spend your money on. LOL

Shucks... I thought you really wanted US to spend your money on US.

Now that we confused that enough, I agree with the MGW. But disagree with the exhaust. You'll want something more than a gt500, just like I did, 2 years ago. Trust me on that. So... My vote is

MGW
Borla or Corsa axleback (or catback, if you can swing it)
Lowering springs (steeda, eibach, etc)

Voila, 2k.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/18/14 at 07:04 AM.
Old 4/18/14, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FromZto5
"Spend my money" would imply that I get to spend YOUR money on MY own mods. Given that, the title's a little misleading. It's actually helping you decide what you spend your money on.
Shucks... I thought you really wanted US to spend your money on US.
Now that we confused that enough, I agree with the MGW. But disagree with the exhaust. You'll want something more than a gt500, just like I did, 2 years ago. Trust me on that. So... My vote is

MGW
Borla or Corsa axleback (or catback, if you can swing it)
Lowering springs (steeda, eibach, etc)

Voila, 2k.

Pretty spot on, I've tried to convince a lot of customers to save and even if you had to spend a little more for a better part up front you're going to save in the long run.
The MGW is by far the best shifter out there, I've ran every shifter (just to test out) and after talking to George (MGW Owner) at Mustang Week last year he sold me on his brand. He doesn't stop there, he keeps making it better, that's the best part.
Corsa's are one of the best axle backs out there, zero drone, awesome welds and an awesome exotic sound.
Now if you're going to get springs but not replace your stock dampers I would suggest getting either BMR or Eibach Pro kits however, I'd highly suggest upgrading your dampers.
Suspension upgrades will completely change your car, for the better.
Old 4/18/14, 07:07 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Pretty spot on, I've tried to convince a lot of customers to save and even if you had to spend a little more for a better part up front you're going to save in the long run.
The MGW is by far the best shifter out there, I've ran every shifter (just to test out) and after talking to George (MGW Owner) at Mustang Week last year he sold me on his brand. He doesn't stop there, he keeps making it better, that's the best part.
Corsa's are one of the best axle backs out there, zero drone, awesome welds and an awesome exotic sound.
Now if you're going to get springs but not replace your stock dampers I would suggest getting either BMR or Eibach Pro kits however, I'd highly suggest upgrading your dampers.
Suspension upgrades will completely change your car, for the better.
Jay, I agree.

Although, there is one thing I forgot... if he goes lowering springs, he'll need a BMR (or the like) adj panhard bar. Aren't those under 200? It's been a couple years on mine I don't remember.

So anyways, the "renewed" list is:

MGW
Borla/Corsa (axleback or catback)
BMR/Eibach/Steeda springs
BMR/Steeda adj panhard bar

Jay, does all that still fit for $2k tops?
Old 4/18/14, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The GT500 mufflers are plenty loud enough...save the cash...
Old 4/18/14, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Jay, I agree.

Although, there is one thing I forgot... if he goes lowering springs, he'll need a BMR (or the like) adj panhard bar. Aren't those under 200? It's been a couple years on mine I don't remember.

So anyways, the "renewed" list is:

MGW
Borla/Corsa (axleback or catback)
BMR/Eibach/Steeda springs
BMR/Steeda adj panhard bar

Jay, does all that still fit for $2k tops?
$150 for a BMR Panhard Bar.
Old 4/18/14, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm still leaning towards the GT500's for now. I can always make them louder if needed,
As for lowering springs I was contemplating an air ride suspension similar to the MMD white project car; but maybe some lowering springs will be what the doctor ordered. I just hate the thought of lowering the car for some better handling (probably that I'll never push to it's limitations) and more aggressive stance, and I'll bottom out. I know obviously with a great set-up I won't have to worry about bottoming out.

Quick Reply: Spend MY money