5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

ROUSH AXLE BACK

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/14, 04:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by SeaFoam
So it wouldn't drive me nuts commuting to work an hour? It's all interstate, I definitely thought the stock was way too quiet.
There is a little drone, but it's not bad.
Until,......you step on the go pedal.
Old 3/18/14, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So it wouldn't drive me nuts commuting to work an hour? It's all interstate, I definitely thought the stock was way too quiet.

I don't hear any drone. If their is, it does not bother me. I've driven 6 hr trip at 75 to 80 it is quiet. But, you have a V6 so it may not be the same for you. The Roush sounds different on the V6. You should check with someone with a V6.
Old 3/18/14, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had my Roush axlebacks put on my 2013 Mustang GT a week ago. I drive over an hour to my college and back, and its all interstate. There is no drone, just the beautiful sound of the exhaust !
Old 4/3/14, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

So this has probably been beaten to death. But do I really NEED a tune if I'm getting an o/r x-pipe? I can afford the x-pipe but I don't really want to shell out the extra dough for a tune if I don't have to. I probably will get one eventually but I like slowly adding mods so I don't get too tired of the car too fast :P

I can live with a CEL, but will there be any troubles other than that?
Old 4/4/14, 04:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I only had the Roush axle backs on my 2010 which we all know had the red-headed stepchild 4.6L engine in the new body style. I did have drone on that but it didn't show up until i had about 4k miles on them. It was consistent with 2k RPM. it did not bother me until I took the trip to Albany, NY from Tampa, FL. that's a lot of miles to deal with it. Hopefully the 5.0L engine at 2k RPM don't have this issue.
Old 4/4/14, 02:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
So this has probably been beaten to death. But do I really NEED a tune if I'm getting an o/r x-pipe? I can afford the x-pipe but I don't really want to shell out the extra dough for a tune if I don't have to. I probably will get one eventually but I like slowly adding mods so I don't get too tired of the car too fast :P
I can live with a CEL, but will there be any troubles other than that?
If you're getting an off road x-pipe,...you will definitely need a tune.
You're deleting the cats and can hurt your car's performance.
Old 4/4/14, 10:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
If you're getting an off road x-pipe,...you will definitely need a tune.
You're deleting the cats and can hurt your car's performance.
Haha figures Thanks for the help ^^
Old 4/5/14, 10:15 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
Haha figures Thanks for the help ^^
You got it man.
Good luck.
Old 6/1/14, 08:41 AM
V6 Member

I currently have the borla touring axlebacks on my 2012 GT. I really like them....but after all I read about the roush I thought I just have to give them a try. I can still go back to the borlas when I get older...
My just hope they really are tame enough when I need them to be, especially when cops are near or on roadtrips. I also hope they are not too raspy, it's funny how different the same exhaust can sound in different youtube clips.
well, really looking forward to them!
Old 6/1/14, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by paesce
I currently have the borla touring axlebacks on my 2012 GT. I really like them....but after all I read about the roush I thought I just have to give them a try. I can still go back to the borlas when I get older...
My just hope they really are tame enough when I need them to be, especially when cops are near or on roadtrips. I also hope they are not too raspy, it's funny how different the same exhaust can sound in different youtube clips.
well, really looking forward to them!
You definitely won't regret the change, the Roush axlebacks are awesome and loud . You can keep them fairly quiet when around cops and they definitely scream at WOT. They are raspy especially at the higher rpms, at lower rpms you get a more aggressive and deep tone.
Old 6/2/14, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AbhiinV8
You definitely won't regret the change, the Roush axlebacks are awesome and loud . You can keep them fairly quiet when around cops and they definitely scream at WOT. They are raspy especially at the higher rpms, at lower rpms you get a more aggressive and deep tone.
thanks! really looking forward to have them installed. well first they have to get here, shipping always takes a bit longer to europe...I will post again once I have them on my car!
Old 6/2/14, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by paesce
thanks! really looking forward to have them installed. well first they have to get here, shipping always takes a bit longer to europe...I will post again once I have them on my car!
Old 6/3/14, 03:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I love my GT500s but been curious about this Roush exhaust everyone talks about. Is there anybody that has switched from gt500s to Roush?
Old 6/3/14, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^yes there is several i have seen. do a search you wil see it
Old 9/2/14, 02:08 AM
V6 Member

hello all!
I have the roush axle backs on my car for a bit more than a month now. and I gotta say, WOW they really are loud and proud!!
I really love their sound! I also liked the borla touring, but sometimes they were e bit too tame for my taste. now that problem is definitely solved. at first I was a bit frightened by how loud they were and I thought I couldn't manage it with my right foot to also drive rather quietly. but in the meantime I know how to handle it (or maybe it's just my ears that got used to the increased noise). I'm a rather civilized driver so I'm not doing WOT a lot (where they get REALLY loud), but I also really love their sound in the lower RPM's. it's just a real muscle car burble and gurgle
Old 9/7/14, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wild5.0
I love my GT500s but been curious about this Roush exhaust everyone talks about. Is there anybody that has switched from gt500s to Roush?
I went the other way, from Roush to GT500's. I also recently did the resonator deletes by using a set of 2013 GT500 OTA pipes. I prefer this setup over the Roush. I was also happy with the GT500's by themselves.

The Roush is a great sounding exhaust but was a little too loud just driving around town for me. I could keep it pretty mellow on the highway but I was starting to get just a little bit of drone at about 2,000 rpms as the exhaust got some miles on it.

Wayne
Old 9/8/14, 06:19 AM

Hi, I am also about to get me new pipes for my 14GT and being torn between the Roush Axle Backs and the Magnaflows Muffler delete 15152's......I am not looking for an obnoxious sound, want it deeeep and not droning.
Anyone who were capable to compare both?

Thx
Old 9/8/14, 08:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by tschabippe
Hi, I am also about to get me new pipes for my 14GT and being torn between the Roush Axle Backs and the Magnaflows Muffler delete 15152's......I am not looking for an obnoxious sound, want it deeeep and not droning. Anyone who were capable to compare both? Thx
Muffler deletes are going to drone. The Roushes have *some* drone. If you don't want drone, look elsewhere.
Old 9/19/14, 05:18 AM

okay, I pulled the trigger on the Magnaflows and I love the sound except the drone @ 2000-2200rpm...I only have the MF since one week and it's already annoying...any suggestions for similar Sound but no drone?