5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

ROUSH AXLE BACK

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/13, 05:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROUSH AXLE BACK

Took delivery last night from AMERICAN MUSCLE the ROUSH Axle Backs ( $469 ask for Tony great guy). Installed this morning at local shop $65 less then a hour. Let me tell you, I was out all day, could not get enough, had the radio off and the window down. I have been driving for 40 some years and have had all different kinds of exhaust, Borla, Magnaflow, etc. All I can say is WOOOOOOOW I have never heard anything like it before, LOUD when you want it and QUIET when you want it ( not really quiet but bareable ). I went thru a tunnel 4 times ( free of course ) and jumped on it. If you have ever been up close to a nascar when they rev it, believe me it sounds similar. The first time I went thru the Tunnel and jumped on it, it scared the H*LL out of me. Here are 2 youtube vids. If you have a pair of head phones and turn the volume all the way up you will get a idea what it will sound like only better. These ROUSH Axle Backs are perfect for the Mustang hands down.

Last edited by WAJM; 5/8/13 at 06:07 PM.
Old 5/8/13, 07:30 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Yes indeed my friend. It is loud and proud. I love it.
Enjoy!
Old 5/8/13, 09:51 PM
GT Member

I lub me Rousheses
Old 5/8/13, 11:10 PM

Ditto here! Love me some Roush ABs on my 2013 5.0
These are the three clips that finally pushed me over the edge to the dark side to ordering them. As is too often said and is so often true, in person they sound sooo much better. These things sound serious where all to often what you hear with other brands is basically limp wristed, watered down, muscle car wannabe noises. At the same time the Roush axle back is very composed and mild mannered whenever you get near police officers and the like. Very well behaved. But get some wide open roads and let 'er rip and goodness, the awesome roar that follows!

Old 5/9/13, 02:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yes indeed my friend. It is loud and proud. I love it.
Enjoy!
I sure will, definitely.
Old 5/9/13, 02:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0
I lub me Rousheses
Old 5/9/13, 02:54 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Pythonman;6620513]Ditto here! Love me some Roush ABs on my 2013 5.0
These are the three clips that finally pushed me over the edge to the dark side to ordering them. As is too often said and is so often true, in person they sound sooo much better. These things sound serious where all to often what you hear with other brands is basically limp wristed, watered down, muscle car wannabe noises. At the same time the Roush axle back is very composed and mild mannered whenever you get near police officers and the like. Very well behaved. But get some wide open roads and let 'er rip and goodness, the awesome roar that follows!

There is no need for any other Axle back, the ROUSH is perfect for our Mustangs. The best of both Worlds really LOUD when you want and some what QUIET when you want.
Old 5/9/13, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your next exhaust! The Roush Axle backs sound incredible on the 11+ Mustang GT's.

I know Tony will appreciate the kind words so I'll get that feedback sent over to him! Thanks for your business and loyalty, we really appreciate it.

-Dan
Old 5/9/13, 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your next exhaust! The Roush Axle backs sound incredible on the 11+ Mustang GT's.

I know Tony will appreciate the kind words so I'll get that feedback sent over to him! Thanks for your business and loyalty, we really appreciate it.

-Dan
Thanks Dan.
Old 5/9/13, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love my bassani but I see so many roush threads and nothing but great things to say I just may have to buy some axle backs to thrown on and see what all the craze is about.
Old 5/9/13, 11:05 AM
V6 Member

-Dan
I see on the AM website that the Roush axle backs aren't pictured with tips. Do they come with them or is that extra? Also how would the tips be installed? To be honest, seeing that has kept me from considering the Roush setup.
Old 5/9/13, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thamac15
I love my bassani but I see so many roush threads and nothing but great things to say I just may have to buy some axle backs to thrown on and see what all the craze is about.
I promise you will not regret it. They are fantastic.
Old 5/9/13, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RedGTs
I see on the AM website that the Roush axle backs aren't pictured with tips. Do they come with them or is that extra? Also how would the tips be installed? To be honest, seeing that has kept me from considering the Roush setup.
Dan will probably chime in, but mine came with everything including 4 inch tips with the Roush name on them. What year Mustang do you have ?

Here is the link, main pic will not show tips but scroll town just a tad and you will see 5 other pics to click on just below main pic, last pic shows everything that comes with it including hangers, clamps & tips. They are also reduced, save $60. Also there are over 100 REVIEWS that you can click on and review, only found 2 negative remarks and they were not that bad. If you decide on these do not forget to ask for Tony when calling AMERICAN MUSCLE he is a great guy to work with and I'm sure the rest are too, but I have been dealing with Tony for so many parts and have always been treated great:

2011-2014

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...ck-2011gt.html

Last edited by WAJM; 5/9/13 at 11:33 AM.
Old 5/9/13, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by WAJM
Dan will probably chime in, but mine came with everything including 4 inch tips with the Roush name on them. What year Mustang do you have ?

Here is the link, main pic will not show tips but scroll town just a tad and you will see 5 other pics to click on just below main pic, last pic shows everything that comes with it including hangers, clamps & tips. They are also reduced, save $60. If you decide on these do not forget to ask for Tony when calling AMERICAN MUSCLE he is a great guy to work with:

2011-2014

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...ck-2011gt.html
I've got a '13 GT. I hope this doesn't start a huge debate, but I've heard that the Roush axle backs have more or a "raspy" sound to them vs a deep rumble sound. It's a personal preference I know, but I want deep sound w/o the raspy/popping sound.
Old 5/9/13, 11:38 AM
Banned

I've got a '13 GT. I hope this doesn't start a huge debate, but I've heard that the Roush axle backs have more or a "raspy" sound to them vs a deep rumble sound. It's a personal preference I know, but I want deep sound w/o the raspy/popping sound.
I also have a 13 GT 5.0. Spend time listening to vids, especially the first 2 that I put up, and if you have a set of headphones turn the volume all the way up. They are as close as you can get to what they sound like, but in person they sound much better. If you didn't live so far away, I would drive down and let you here them in person, maybe someone can chime in that has the Roush Axle backs that lives close to you..

Last edited by WAJM; 5/9/13 at 11:44 AM.
Old 5/9/13, 11:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by WAJM
spend time listening to vids, especially the first 2 that I put up, and if you have a set of headphones turn the volume all the way up. They are as close as you can get to what they sound like, but in person they sound much better.
Man, that's all I've been doing is listening to videos... The first vid of the car by the road construction site got me interested. That car just ripped! Do yours drone at all? I really don't want that.
Old 5/9/13, 11:47 AM
Banned

Man, that's all I've been doing is listening to videos... The first vid of the car by the road construction site got me interested. That car just ripped! Do yours drone at all? I really don't want that.
No, took it out on the freeway at 70 to 80 mph and it sounds no different then the stock at cruise. I still think the 1st vid is the closes to what it sounds like. Listen closely to the end of that vid, you get like a gurgle sound not a rasp.

Last edited by WAJM; 5/9/13 at 11:53 AM.
Old 5/10/13, 08:08 AM
GT Member

-Dan
While you're at it, Dan, please pass my appreciation to Tony as well. He spent a bit of time with me on the phone the other week to help me straighten out some issues on my account. You guys were out of stock of the part I needed at the time, and I needed it, so I had to go to Late Model Resto. They got the part out as quickly, but they took forever getting me my tracking info. I called to ask about it and Kacey at Late Model Resto was quite rude. American Muscle has always had top notch customer service and that's why I tell all of my friends about you guys.
Old 5/10/13, 12:25 PM

You may or may not take our word for it which is fine, but the Roush sound is not raspy or popping. It is very deep and muscular but it does sound like Steve McQueens Bullitt stang on some major steroids/growth hormones at WOT. It's wonderously, visciously brutal sounding. Frankly, it sounds as if LT headers and a whole racing catback exhaust have been installed. If you are more a fan of a deep rumble and a mean muscular overall pitch and don't want to have old ladies pee themselves when you stomp it past their wheelchairs then my advice is skip the axlebacks altogether and JUMP on a Magnaflow Competition catback for your car. It's priced very reasonably for a catback, fitment from Magnaflow is typically excellent and honestly, it's only a tad more expensive than a comparable Borla or Ford Racing Sport axleback. Here's one to listen to.

Old 5/10/13, 01:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Pythonman
You may or may not take our word for it which is fine, but the Roush sound is not raspy or popping. It is very deep and muscular but it does sound like Steve McQueens Bullitt stang on some major steroids/growth hormones at WOT. It's wonderously, visciously brutal sounding. Frankly, it sounds as if LT headers and a whole racing catback exhaust have been installed. If you are more a fan of a deep rumble and a mean muscular overall pitch and don't want to have old ladies pee themselves when you stomp it past their wheelchairs then my advice is skip the axlebacks altogether and JUMP on a Magnaflow Competition catback for your car. It's priced very reasonably for a catback, fitment from Magnaflow is typically excellent and honestly, it's only a tad more expensive than a comparable Borla or Ford Racing Sport axleback. Here's one to listen to.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnaflow Competition catback exhaust - YouTube
I'm interested. They are a little cheaper than the Kooks that I've been considering. Some of the videos sound great!

Quick Reply: ROUSH AXLE BACK