Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Roush 625hp TVS supercharger kit - questions

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/13, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys!! Appreciate the kind words.
Old 2/23/13, 05:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would absolutely get a tune from Justin @ VMP if I was going with the Roush blower.
Old 3/9/13, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an excellent thread. I am also in the market for a blower. I have always liked centrifugal superchargers but this time around I think I am going to have to go with a 2.3L TVS system.

It seems as though the VMP version of the kit comes with some extra goodies to up the power. It looks like the best bang for the buck kit out there. But at the cost of $7,000 I will have to be saving my pennies for a quarter or two after my wheel/tire purchase.
Old 3/10/13, 09:00 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
This is an excellent thread. I am also in the market for a blower. I have always liked centrifugal superchargers but this time around I think I am going to have to go with a 2.3L TVS system.

It seems as though the VMP version of the kit comes with some extra goodies to up the power. It looks like the best bang for the buck kit out there. But at the cost of $7,000 I will have to be saving my pennies for a quarter or two after my wheel/tire purchase.
Yes that's why I started this thread.... I wanted you guys to keep feeding my itch for a blower, so I can keep nagging my wife. Lol

However, groundbreaking news today, my wife finally agreed that I can get one of these babies, but only if I agree to keep Marilyn "forever". We compromised at "a very long time". Lol. This makes sense tho, because if I'm dropping 7 to 8k for this set up (including install), I have no choice but to keep it.

So given that, I am looking t buy a set mid spring or early summer. I know I will go roush, but just deciding if I will get the roush box tune, or get it dyno tuned... I might run the roush box set up for a bit, then get dyno tuned later this summer. My goal is 600whp.

Edit: I'd like to go vmp tune, but given they're in Florida and I'm in iowa, wouldn't that kinda also be a "box tune"?
Old 3/10/13, 09:38 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

Yes that's why I started this thread.... I wanted you guys to keep feeding my itch for a blower, so I can keep nagging my wife. Lol

However, groundbreaking news today, my wife finally agreed that I can get one of these babies, but only if I agree to keep Marilyn "forever". We compromised at "a very long time". Lol. This makes sense tho, because if I'm dropping 7 to 8k for this set up (including install), I have no choice but to keep it.

So given that, I am looking t buy a set mid spring or early summer. I know I will go roush, but just deciding if I will get the roush box tune, or get it dyno tuned... I might run the roush box set up for a bit, then get dyno tuned later this summer. My goal is 600whp.

Edit: I'd like to go vmp tune, but given they're in Florida and I'm in iowa, wouldn't that kinda also be a "box tune"?
Welcome back from vegas!!
If theyre in florida, why not take a road trip down there for a nice long weekend? I would haha
Old 3/10/13, 10:27 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CCTking
Welcome back from vegas!!
If theyre in florida, why not take a road trip down there for a nice long weekend? I would haha
Thx bro.

Florida trip by car would take like 4 days back and forth, plus install time.... Would be like a week not enough vacation lol
Old 3/10/13, 11:37 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thx bro.

Florida trip by car would take like 4 days back and forth, plus install time.... Would be like a week not enough vacation lol
Take the long way back? or "get lost" and stop in orlando
Old 3/10/13, 12:47 PM
GT Member

Just do some remote tuning
Old 3/10/13, 03:24 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by black5.0
Just do some remote tuning
?

How different from box/mail order tuning?
Old 3/10/13, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You data log then email it to him and he adj and sends you tune.
Old 3/11/13, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I found that the price was only About $100 more to go with Roush calibration over a tuner kit. Other bonus is with Roush cal you get 85mm pulley, tuner gets a 90. If you don't like the Roush cal you can always tune it over the Roush cal.
Old 3/11/13, 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
I found that the price was only About $100 more to go with Roush calibration over a tuner kit. Other bonus is with Roush cal you get 85mm pulley, tuner gets a 90. If you don't like the Roush cal you can always tune it over the Roush cal.

Orly? That's good to know.
Old 3/11/13, 09:22 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by going for broke
Yep... That's why I figured, why not just go straight with the roush kit right away. I get the full official kit, with 85 pulley, plus 47lbhr injectors, plus a roush tune, then get full warranty on the parts. Then if I feel like dunk tuning in the future, I can. I just have to remember to call roush when I order the kit and tell them the only mod I have are borla s types...not sure if that would make a difference with the calibration tune they send back to my ford dealer. (I will have my ford dealer do the install)
Old 3/12/13, 04:11 AM
V6 Member

Full Warranty? Are you buying the 3 year warranty program on a deliver date of 11'?

Axle back or cat back won't make a difference on the tune really.

You said you wanted 600 whp correct? If so go with tuner kit, 82mm pulley and jlt intake, dyno tune. Personaly I don't like the can tunes as I know the car will run better with a tune for my motor, not a generic tune.
Old 3/12/13, 05:17 AM
I Have No Life

, then get full warranty on the parts.
Originally Posted by djstorm100
Full Warranty? Are you buying the 3 year warranty program on a deliver date of 11'?

Axle back or cat back won't make a difference on the tune really.

You said you wanted 600 whp correct? If so go with tuner kit, 82mm pulley and jlt intake, dyno tune. Personaly I don't like the can tunes as I know the car will run better with a tune for my motor, not a generic tune.
I stated on the parts only... Not full. Full is only available on the 525 kit, and only goes until 3 years from original purchase of car, not install date. Sucks... So that's why I am going 625 kit. Why bother with just 1 year. I have a 2012.

But yes, I know a dyno tune is better, but it will cost me more $ beyond my kit purchase, and in addition will be more aggressive than the generic but very safe tune from roush.
Old 3/12/13, 05:25 AM
Bullitt Member

The 625 kit is where it's at. I cant wait to have that and hear that thing whine!
Old 3/12/13, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Whipple Industries offers their own kind of warranty that you can purchase, even on the 625 kit. I'll have to look it up again.
Old 3/12/13, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
The 625 kit is where it's at. I cant wait to have that and hear that thing whine!
You may be disappointed because the Roush has no whine
Old 3/12/13, 02:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by B Square

You may be disappointed because the Roush has no whine
Thanks completely false.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...2900064&type=3

Last edited by djstorm100; 3/12/13 at 02:48 PM.
Old 3/12/13, 02:54 PM
V6 Member

I stated on the parts only... Not full. Full is only available on the 525 kit, and only goes until 3 years from original purchase of car, not install date. Sucks... So that's why I am going 625 kit. Why bother with just 1 year. I have a 2012.

But yes, I know a dyno tune is better, but it will cost me more $ beyond my kit purchase, and in addition will be more aggressive than the generic but very safe tune from roush.

I've been doing this almost 10 years my friend. The Tuner kit is cheaper. Take the savings and apply it to a tune/sct that is made for your car. The tune will be made for your car and thus it can be aggressive or non aggressive as you want. These motors respond very well to FI and don't need any "aggressive" tune to make 600whp.

It's been known with the ford pro-cals and roush mail in tunes to run like do do. I'm strongly against mail in tunes that don't revise, this is exactly what they provide (ford, roush) At the end of the day, it's your car and can do whatever you want. But I'm speaking in terms of "been there done that, have the t-shirt"..lol Trying to save you money and do it 100% correct way.

I made 640 on a conservative tune, I pulled timing out (1.5) degree and laid down 616whp 548 tq on 15.5 degrees of timing. Which isn't alot at all.

Quick Reply: Roush 625hp TVS supercharger kit - questions