Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

People removing 2013-2014 LED foglights

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/15, 04:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
They're flashing me bc they think my high beams are on, with the driving lights.
Right, and they think your high beams are on because they can't freakin' see.

They're certainly not telling you how awesome they look...

I know because there's a couple Mustangs by my house that ALWAYS have those driving lights on at night, and they blind the hell out of me.
Old 1/3/15, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Well, factory stock, I'm finding it a bit hard to believe they are "blinding the hell out of you". Considering how low mine were aimed and the fact mine had wimpy 9145 bulbs in them. I don't expect they put super high powered LEDs in the 13 and 14 cars, as LEDs are typically kind of weak on delivered light. Now, if the Mustangs in question converted to HID, I'd believe that, those are frickin' bright, even at 35 watts.

Here's mine, on 35 watt HIDs. I don't use them in town much, for obvious reasons:

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/5l...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by 5LHO; 1/3/15 at 04:23 PM.
Old 1/3/15, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Right, and they think your high beams are on because they can't freakin' see. They're certainly not telling you how awesome they look... I know because there's a couple Mustangs by my house that ALWAYS have those driving lights on at night, and they blind the hell out of me.
Again, not necessarily. I flash people all the time that don't have their lights on at all or have their high beams on because the high beams are actually bright. I have tint on my driving lights - people are just stupid and think because there's lights on in the grille, they *must* be high beams. If anything, the projectors on the 10-14 HIDs have glare, not the LED driving lights. I had a 13-14 V6 behind me in the lane next to me and the passenger headlight seemed to be aimed right at my rear view mirror, even though I could tell it was aimed correctly when the car got next to me. It's just the nature of projectors.

Either way, you can tell by the type of car that flashes me (which is not very often) that it's just another dumb*ss in a Corolla, Prius, Accord etc that has no clue about cars.
Old 1/3/15, 04:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Well, factory stock, I'm finding it a bit hard to believe they are "blinding the hell out of you". Considering how low mine were aimed and the fact mine had wimpy 9145 bulbs in them. I don't expect they put super high powered LEDs in the 13 and 14 cars, as LEDs are typically kind of weak on delivered light. Now, if the Mustangs in question converted to HID, I'd believe that, those are frickin' bright, even at 35 watts. Here's mine, on 35 watt HIDs. I don't use them in town much, for obvious reasons: http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/5l...?sort=3&page=1
My fogs on the 13 are brighter than the hid's.
Old 1/3/15, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Probably because they are shuttered on low beam and they have 4300k lamps in them, which makes them look a little yellow but puts more useable light on the road. Put high beam on and see if your statement is still true.
Old 1/3/15, 06:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
My CS didn't come with grille fog lights. If it did, I still delete them.
Old 1/3/15, 07:10 PM
Cobra R Member

I have the fog lights that are a different color than my hid headlights. If I had bought a 13-14, that wouldn't have been the case. I tinted my fogs black and they kind of blend into my grill now. I like the look. If my fogs were like the new cars, I might not have done this.
Old 1/3/15, 07:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I have the fog lights that are a different color than my hid headlights. If I had bought a 13-14, that wouldn't have been the case. I tinted my fogs black and they kind of blend into my grill now. I like the look. If my fogs were like the new cars, I might not have done this.
I have Amber tint on mine which makes the light up gold, and I just put a light smoke on them tonight, same as my headlights (which I am actually going to remove and put clear over them).
Old 1/4/15, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I love mine. The car looks bad a$$ with them on. Hence the avatar

That's the one thing that always bugged me about the Boss. If I ever got one I'd be putting the grill mounter fogs in. I know they were removed to allow more air in the grill, but still. I'd put a plastic cone over them to direct air around them for track days.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 1/4/15 at 04:37 PM.
Old 1/5/15, 08:30 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah they are flashing because they see 4 distinct lights and assume that means the interior two are brights. I was the same way when I first saw that setup back when the 05's came out. I love my fogs because yeah, it's the easiest way to say "GT."
Old 1/6/15, 02:11 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I love mine. The car looks bad a$$ with them on. Hence the avatar

That's the one thing that always bugged me about the Boss. If I ever got one I'd be putting the grill mounter fogs in. I know they were removed to allow more air in the grill, but still. I'd put a plastic cone over them to direct air around them for track days.

Yes fogs were removed from the boss grill BUT where the fogs would of been is solid plastic. SO there is no extra air with the boss grill than if there was fogs. If you purchase the Boss 302s grill then where the fog would be is open to the air......Big Differance

IMO the best setup for fogs is a billet grill and fogs mounted behind it. this way the fogs can be mounted in the same location as OEM except behind the grill. I'm not a fan when they mount the fogs close to the center.
But my opion only matters if I was doing my car.....Mod On People!

lets see your fogs!!
Old 1/6/15, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
Yes fogs were removed from the boss grill BUT where the fogs would of been is solid plastic. SO there is no extra air with the boss grill than if there was fogs. If you purchase the Boss 302s grill then where the fog would be is open to the air......Big Differance
True! Though I hear on the Bosses you can just take that plastic insert out when you go to the track to get the air flow. I was parked next to a guy with a 2013 Boss 302 and that's what he said he did.
Old 1/6/15, 10:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Originally Posted by bkrell
Yeah they are flashing because they see 4 distinct lights and assume that means the interior two are brights. I was the same way when I first saw that setup back when the 05's came out. I love my fogs because yeah, it's the easiest way to say "GT."
Agree! Any vehicle that I've owned that has 4 headlights on people automatically assume your high beams are on!
True! Though I hear on the Bosses you can just take that plastic insert out when you go to the track to get the air flow. I was parked next to a guy with a 2013 Boss 302 and that's what he said he did.
You are correct! :-)
Old 1/6/15, 11:13 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Speaking of LED bulbs has anyone seen how latemodelresto has led bulbs for sale?
I wanna put led bulbs for my headlights and somehow work some housings into my v6 grille and throw some led bulbs there too.
Anyone have any opinions or advice on this?
Old 1/7/15, 03:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I added the retro billet grill, with precut headlight and foglight tint. While it LOOKS great, it doesn't offer much for functionality.
I had to run around town with all 4 lights on because I couldn't see.
I removed the headlight tint last week and what a huge difference! It's like new again. I've been meaning to remove the foglight tint, but I forget if I can just yank the grill assembly right off without taking off my bumper cover again?

Last question: And since my car is a 14 GT, is there anything "better" than my stock foglights?
I'm still trying to learn about HID's and LED's. I know the definition of each, I'm just unsure what my foglights are. I assume they are LED? And once I peel that tint off, they'll be a lot brighter.

Probably a stupid idea to make those foglights brighter? But how would it be possible. Can I just add a better bulb?
I don't want to totally **** off other drivers.

What about a small 12-18" LED light bar on the bottom grill (for those dark stretches of unlit highway) or will that make me look like a fool?

The girlfriend says it's a waste of money and will look retarded and blind people.
I don't wanna tell her that she's right! Lol

Regards,
Joey.K
Attached Thumbnails People removing 2013-2014 LED foglights-image-797446465.jpg  
Old 1/7/15, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Not on the 2012. They are fixed and can not be removed.
Old 1/7/15, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
Not on the 2012. They are fixed and can not be removed.
You could on the 2013.
Old 1/8/15, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love my fogs too, and use them often. Which is why I went with the a/m grille over the roush. But found some brackets on eBay that let you move the fog lights toward the center with the roush, so I will be going that route.
always preferred the look of the roush.
Pic from eBay

People removing 2013-2014 LED foglights-image-2104545822.jpg
Old 3/2/15, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

One of my fog lights went out on my '14 GT Premium. I can't find anything on you tube on how to get in there to replace it. I really don't want to tear the whole front end off. Any suggestions?
Old 3/2/15, 04:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Clean14
One of my fog lights went out on my '14 GT Premium. I can't find anything on you tube on how to get in there to replace it. I really don't want to tear the whole front end off. Any suggestions?
Take it to the dealer for warranty repair. They are lifetime bulbs and are not serviceable.

Quick Reply: People removing 2013-2014 LED foglights