Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

MT82 stupid clutch pedal placement SOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/12, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best mod I've done so far. I'm 5'-10" with a 32" inseam and have always had an issue with the clutch pedal being too far away.
The price is fair considering that this will be a low volume seller and the high cost of injection mold tooling will take a long time to recoup.
Old 4/29/12, 04:20 PM
GT Member

I agree with everyone that installed this mod. Greatest thing since I installed my Roush a/b's, It feels like an entirely different car, I can sit 100x more comfortably, which means now I will be spending more money on gas
Thanks to hawkeye18 and Bondra performance.
Old 5/20/12, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Kinda expensive for a piece of plastic, but if I can drive with more comfort it's worth the price of admission. Pulled the trigger a few moments ago. Thanks for the link.
Old 5/27/12, 12:06 PM
V6 Member

Hey Hawkeye, I have had this same clutch pedal problem most of my life. 4 brand new manual trans. cars and now waiting on my 5th M/T car, a '13 mustang GT/premium delivery (have Vin# and Sticker), I still went ahead and ordered the GT/MT because that is the only way I love to drive.
I test drove the GT/MT and as with all the other cars in the past, I have to move the seat way up to an uncomfortable position so close to the steering wheel and dashboard or croutch low in the seat and stretch my leg everytime I have to shift. I hate driving this way, but don't have much of a choice. I also have the same right leg issues hitting the dash and have to move the seat back to exit the car.

Other problems are that my girlfriend and whoever else sits in the passenger seat also have to be seated crunched so close to the dash, just so we can glance at and talk to each other comfortably when in the car. She likes her seat back, but then she sits way behind me and it's very odd and embarrassing for me.

What can I do, I was "Born This Way" at 5'6" and YOU MY FRIEND have just solved and age-old or at least my lifetime dilemma for me. I will now finally be at peace with myself and the car and be able to drive sitting back, arms extended, hanging with the girlfriend and enjoying the ride to the fullest.
I am going to order this as soon as I post this reply. Even at $100, I would still order it, because as you say, for now it's the only game in town. My friends will have some friendly short jokes about it, but I love it. Maybe they will not even notice, since this car is strictly a one man car with only 1 driver!!

Thanks Hawkeye, to just put the cherry on top of my cake ('13 GT/Premium-MTrans, Blk/Blk, Electronics Pack, 19 Alum wheels, comfort pack, rear sensing/security pack, Shaker Pro Audio-- Coming soon - RedlineTuning Hood Struts, Bondra Clutch Pedal Ext, Shelby GT OEM spoiler, the AIRAID CAI and I am done and a Happy Camper.

GREG3

Last edited by Greg3; 5/27/12 at 12:12 PM.
Old 5/31/12, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Just to chime in. Ford placed all 3 pedals fairly evenly because it makes heel toeing easier.
Old 6/2/12, 04:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Got mine installed, kind of a big lift but does what it is supposed to do. I can fully put the clutch pedal all the way without stretching my short legs LOL! With the new short throw shifter, shift bracket, black rally striped ball, billet pedal covers, and now this pedal extension, it is like a different beast entirely to drive
Old 6/4/12, 03:45 PM
V6 Member

Well Greg3 here, and I finally got my Bondra Clutch Pedal Extender in my mailbox today. When I felt the bubble wrap envelope, I thought what now they sent me the wrong product. So when I opened up the package I kind of laughed to myself and had that sunken feeling that I got, well Robbed. This tiny piece of two sided plastic with two screws for almost a WHOPPING $60.00 BUCKS with shipping!

Well, I touted this product upon reading Hawkeye18's post last week and said it is a must have for me, being 5'5'' and an inseam to match and when I install the thang I will post again to let you all know if it is truly worth the expense. If I can sit back in my seat comfortably and enjoy my ride, then it is worth every penny and more.
I will keep you all tuned in to my experiences with this bad boy.
I mean when you open up the package your heart sinks, WHAT $60 BUCKS...

STAY TUNED ...

Last edited by Greg3; 6/4/12 at 03:47 PM.
Old 6/4/12, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Greg3
I mean when you open up the package your heart sinks, WHAT $60 BUCKS...

STAY TUNED ...
R&D and prototype fabrication is NOT CHEAP. There is a reason it costs that much. I very seriously doubt it's to gouge you.
Old 6/4/12, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

I was misunderstood I think, I was just trying to put emphasis on how really small this plastic item was for the price. If this thing does what I want it to do, then it is worth even more.
I am sure this guy spent a lot of time and money to develop, manufacture and advertise these things. God Bless the man, He is a entrepreneur with a vision that hopefully will work out and he will expand from here.
Be Well,
Old 6/4/12, 09:32 PM
V6 Member

Hey , how did you get the pedals off and then back on the clutch pedal bracket extender. I have the aluminum pedals. Does this make a difference. The instructions say you can use a heat gun or soak pedal in hot water to make install easier. Does this also work with the aluminum pedals.

Thank You
Old 6/5/12, 11:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

This thing is the cat's meow, I love it. Driving just got a whole lot more pleasurable.
Old 6/6/12, 08:32 AM

I agree with everyone and thanks to Hawkeye for the head's up. I've had it on for at least a month now and completely forgot about it until I saw this thread again. I could NEVER go back to stock, it solved so many issues for me. FWIW, I'm 6'0" with fairly long legs and now I can put my seat back to where it belongs!
Old 6/6/12, 08:40 AM

I'm 5' 11". Put it on, moved the seat back. Then had to stretch to reach the wheel. Took it off. Just not for me I guess.
Old 6/6/12, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Greg3
Hey , how did you get the pedals off and then back on the clutch pedal bracket extender. I have the aluminum pedals. Does this make a difference. The instructions say you can use a heat gun or soak pedal in hot water to make install easier. Does this also work with the aluminum pedals.

Thank You

I'll tell you how I did it and I think I got it from Hawkeye. Yank off the stock clutch pedal pad. I started at the wide end and just worked it off. Assemble your extender piece. Put on the stock clutch pedal pad on to the extender piece. I started on the narrow end and worked it on, finishing up on the wide end. Wasn't too bad.

Now, to get it on your clutch pedal. Loosen up the screws on the extender piece far enough that you can slip it over your clutch pedal.....then tighten the screws! It took me all of 10 minutes and it was very easy. I recommend this method over trying to replace pad on the new extender while it is installed on to the clutch pedal. It was very easy!
Old 6/6/12, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by billgtx
I'm 5' 11". Put it on, moved the seat back. Then had to stretch to reach the wheel. Took it off. Just not for me I guess.

That's a shame, sorry to hear that. I guess I have long arms and YES, it's a bummer we don't have telescopic steering wheels.
Old 6/6/12, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by UpTheCreek

That's a shame, sorry to hear that. I guess I have long arms and YES, it's a bummer we don't have telescopic steering wheels.
No worries. Glad I tried it. I don't have the right knee problem some have, but I did want to see if could move back just a bit.

I have the Recaros so I don't have minute adjustment.

I run with my steering wheel pretty low (so I can grip high up on the wheel), so with the extender on my left knee kept hitting the wheel.

I just wanted to add my experience so others thinking about this have another data point.
Old 6/9/12, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm 5'7 my problem is with the gas pedal

My right thigh has a pinched nerve from wrong posture
Old 8/17/12, 05:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im 5'8" I need to try this..
Old 10/23/12, 10:29 PM

I just received and installed one today. The clutch always felt a little strange to me, but it feels a lot better to me now. The hot water trick you guys mentioned helped a lot.
Old 10/24/12, 08:17 PM
GT Member

I installed one this week too. Solved! I needed to have my seat a bit too far forward, this solved the problem. I too have the Recaro seats so there's not much fine adjustment. Adjustments for the driver is something lacking in the Mustang. At least this takes the bite out a bit for those people it "fits".

$60 is a bit pricey considering the material only, but I get R&D is still probably fresh, and looking at it as a solution not just materials, it's worth it. It's solid, and as long as you tighten the screws properly, it is on there securely.

Quick Reply: MT82 stupid clutch pedal placement SOLVED