Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Magnaflow Catback 15589

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/11, 11:03 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wundercar parts said they would do something for me...even though Magnaflow will not compensate them or me. I guess customers are more important to Wundercar parts than Magnaflow. Like I said .....I will never buy Magnaflow AGAIN !!!!
Old 3/3/11, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wally10
Wundercar parts said they would do something for me...even though Magnaflow will not compensate them or me. I guess customers are more important to Wundercar parts than Magnaflow. Like I said .....I will never buy Magnaflow AGAIN !!!!
SO ****ing ridiculous
Old 3/3/11, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's official.......magna flow really does stink.
Old 3/10/11, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by wally10
Try the Flowmaster. I have both Magnaflow and Flowmaster and they are really good to me. But the best sound for me is the mangaflow.

Last edited by emazingli; 3/22/11 at 06:08 PM.
Old 3/10/11, 05:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by emazingli
Try the Flowmaster. I have both Magnaflow and Flowmaster and they are really good to me. But the best sound for me is the Flowmaster.
Man, i just wish it would fit correctly.
Old 3/10/11, 07:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
It's official.......magna flow really does stink.
What don't you like about it? The volume of it?

I really like mine and listened to several others in person before I bought it.
Old 3/10/11, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Boss429
What don't you like about it? The volume of it?

I really like mine and listened to several others in person before I bought it.
I'll answer for him. It DOES NOT fit correctly...ever.
Old 3/10/11, 08:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
I'll answer for him. It DOES NOT fit correctly...ever.
Well I can't really vouch for the installation. I didn't install mine myself. The muffler shop didn't mention any issues to me and I haven't had any so far. Had it for about 3 months now.

Do you think the X pipe is worth it? I was thinking if mac releases a prochamber for the 5.0 that might be a nice combination to run. Again no experience with it, just sounds cool on other cars I have heard.
Old 3/10/11, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

Well I can't really vouch for the installation. I didn't install mine myself. The muffler shop didn't mention any issues to me and I haven't had any so far. Had it for about 3 months now.

Do you think the X pipe is worth it? I was thinking if mac releases a prochamber for the 5.0 that might be a nice combination to run. Again no experience with it, just sounds cool on other cars I have heard.
Well lets just say one of the pipes they sent me is too short and hits underneath the car. Many others have had similar problems.

When did you get your system? Perhaps since I got mine so soon they changed it... but i doubt it. Ive called them and they asked me to send photos. So I did it 3 times and they haven't replied to any of my emails. Even though I put the heading the way they wanted me too so it wouldn't be filtered out.

As far as the xpipe. I love it. Makes the car louder and deeper. I don't know much about other xpipes but the chamber looks badass in this one. It's large and smooth.
Old 3/10/11, 09:11 AM
V6 Member

Well lets just say one of the pipes they sent me is too short and hits underneath the car. Many others have had similar problems.

When did you get your system? Perhaps since I got mine so soon they changed it... but i doubt it. Ive called them and they asked me to send photos. So I did it 3 times and they haven't replied to any of my emails. Even though I put the heading the way they wanted me too so it wouldn't be filtered out.

As far as the xpipe. I love it. Makes the car louder and deeper. I don't know much about other xpipes but the chamber looks badass in this one. It's large and smooth.
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I would expect as big of a company as they are they would have a good CS department. I bought mine the week before Christmas off of ebay and had it installed the Monday after Christmas. Got a great deal on it.

I am intrigued with the X pipe. Funds aren't there right now. I just installed Airaid intake with Bama tune yesterday so I will need to wait a little while. I definitely like that you said deeper. I don't have any experience with it but from what I have read people say the aftermarket H pipes generally yield a deeper sound which is more of my tastes. Hence why I was thinking maybe a prochamber in the future would be in my best interests. Its funny when I first got it installed I was thinking **** maybe this is too loud (Especially on a cold start in the morning in the garage). Now that I have gotten use to it I love it and think maybe even a little more volume would nice. I'm sure my neighbors would argue otherwise though.

Do you have just the X pipe or did you buy the X pipe with the high flow cats?
Old 3/10/11, 09:37 AM
Cobra Member

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I would expect as big of a company as they are they would have a good CS department. I bought mine the week before Christmas off of ebay and had it installed the Monday after Christmas. Got a great deal on it.

I am intrigued with the X pipe. Funds aren't there right now. I just installed Airaid intake with Bama tune yesterday so I will need to wait a little while. I definitely like that you said deeper. I don't have any experience with it but from what I have read people say the aftermarket H pipes generally yield a deeper sound which is more of my tastes. Hence why I was thinking maybe a prochamber in the future would be in my best interests. Its funny when I first got it installed I was thinking **** maybe this is too loud (Especially on a cold start in the morning in the garage). Now that I have gotten use to it I love it and think maybe even a little more volume would nice. I'm sure my neighbors would argue otherwise though.

Do you have just the X pipe or did you buy the X pipe with the high flow cats?
just xpipe. I've read the same thing about the H pipes.

Their CS is terrible. I really don't enjoy bashing a company (I realize companies make mistakes) but its ridiculous that they refuse to do anything for people with problems with their products. It's definitely not how I would ever conduct a business I owned. (if I owned one)
Old 3/10/11, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

just xpipe. I've read the same thing about the H pipes.

Their CS is terrible. I really don't enjoy bashing a company (I realize companies make mistakes) but its ridiculous that they refuse to do anything for people with problems with their products. It's definitely not how I would ever conduct a business I owned. (if I owned one)
Yeah that's not good news. Maybe they should spend a little less on their marketing and more on their quality control and CS.
Old 3/10/11, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have no problem bashing them at all. I'm in business for myself and customer service is paramount. Second only to quality. I had three different systems from June to February from them and they all the same issues. I think the biggest problem is most the people who have it haven't gotten under there car to see these issues. The one pipe is too short, one hits the axle, it takes forever to align the exits and the passenger side one is always lower. The biggest issue is the fact that they just don't care. There customer service is non existent. They admit they have a problem, then they deny they ever admitted it. They never return an email or phone call. My first kit they said I had a prototype n it didn't fit right. They sent me a new one. The second one which was the "new" jig setup was worse. It just gets worse from there. N if your car is lowered it goes from bad to impossible to work with obstruction.
Old 3/10/11, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

heh, I've gotten under the car at least once a month to try to realign the tips but every time I move the right too much it hits the axle. Thennn when I move the left one it rubs against a part of the car as well.
Old 3/12/11, 02:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

I finally got the go ahead from the boss that it was ok to put the exhaust on..

well actually she made me promise not to mod it at all for 6 months.. seeing it was garaged for 3-4 of those months.. no big loss..

anyway... after reading this thread you guys made up my mind..

i dont feel like fighting with fitting/rubbing issues.. or dealing with loud drone.. every mustang i have owned had some.. even the factory exhaust..

i'll spend the extra cash and get Borla S-type..

just wish i could find one that sounded like my last 5.0..
click the link in sig.. "nasty burnout" believe it or not.. that was just bbk shories and offroad h-pipe.. STOCK MUFFLERS

Last edited by pony racer; 3/12/11 at 02:20 AM.
Old 3/12/11, 05:26 AM

I have the 15589 in my car and I love it! Sounds great but not to loud. No problems at all with sinc! I boght in complete exaust, best price!!! I'm sorry for my english but I'm brazilian! And yes. My mustang is in Sao Paulo/Brasil!
Old 3/12/11, 05:33 AM

Sorry.... www.completeexhaust.com
Old 3/12/11, 07:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ohhhhhhh pony racer me and u have lots to talk about. The stang I just got rid of was a 95 with 331 stroker, vortech, etc. I had bbl shorties, catted x pipe n Mac pro dumps. The sound was intoxicating. I have also had a 90, 91, n 93, 5.0 stangs. No matter what we do they will never sound as good as them lol. But I guess at least we are starting with a much more powerful car from the start so maybe it's an even trade off. Lol. If I could ever figure out how to upload a video or **** pic I would show u some passes or pics of mine. Nice to meet you.......oh and magna flow sucks. Lol.
Old 3/12/11, 07:45 AM
GT Member

If you guys are looking for this Magnaflow exhaust shoot me a PM - I have 6 of them here at the shop at a great price!

Ken
Old 3/12/11, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
Ohhhhhhh pony racer me and u have lots to talk about. The stang I just got rid of was a 95 with 331 stroker, vortech, etc. I had bbl shorties, catted x pipe n Mac pro dumps. The sound was intoxicating. I have also had a 90, 91, n 93, 5.0 stangs. No matter what we do they will never sound as good as them lol. But I guess at least we are starting with a much more powerful car from the start so maybe it's an even trade off. Lol. If I could ever figure out how to upload a video or **** pic I would show u some passes or pics of mine. Nice to meet you.......oh and magna flow sucks. Lol.
the other vid in the signature was also with 3.55's that had the bassani x-pipe w/cats.. so it was quieter but still sounded sick when i romped on it..