Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Koni STR.T & Stock Springs & Sways

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/11, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MontrealStang
Ha Ha Ha ... good one ... I didn't read myself after
Ok, brain might be slow a bit, may well be my meds, but i finally got it.
Old 4/29/11, 05:59 PM
Cobra R Member

I am REAL slow b/c I still don't get it.
Old 5/5/11, 03:28 PM
Cobra R Member

UPDATE: GT500 MOUNTS ARE SHIPPING FROM CJPP

Just checked on my backordered GT500 mounts (M18183C) from CJ Pony Parts, and was told they are shipping them out to me tomorrow (5/6/11)!!

On top of that I just received a new confirmation e-mail and it shows that they knocked another 5% off the price (now $85.46)! Now if only Koni can get going...

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/5/11 at 03:29 PM.
Old 5/7/11, 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Just checked on my backordered GT500 mounts (M18183C) from CJ Pony Parts, and was told they are shipping them out to me tomorrow (5/6/11)!!

On top of that I just received a new confirmation e-mail and it shows that they knocked another 5% off the price (now $85.46)! Now if only Koni can get going...
Good for you Eric, at least now you can sit and relax in the garage while drooling over the new strut mounts. I had some spare time this week, so i installed the rear dampers. Front ones next.
Old 5/7/11, 06:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Good for you Eric, at least now you can sit and relax in the garage while drooling over the new strut mounts. I had some spare time this week, so i installed the rear dampers. Front ones next.
Of course I'll be expecting a full report after you get those dampers all done.
Old 5/7/11, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Will do.
Those orange dampers look really nice when looking from underneath the car, too bad they're hidden after the wheels are installed.
Old 5/10/11, 07:08 AM

Hey guys,

For those who installed the front struts, I have a question.
How much do you tighten the top nut. If it needs to be torqued, how do you torque the nut while holding the strut shaft at the same time. The shaft spins.

Thanks
Old 5/11/11, 03:50 PM
Cobra R Member

My GT500 Ford Racing mounts arrived today from CJ Pont parts in good order. And only $85.

Now I have to decide if I am going to keep my car or trade it for a Sonic Blue with an 6AT (my days of clutch pedal use are about over thanks to 5 months (Feb to this coming August) of non-use of my left leg, which was already marginal prior to breaking my foot in Feb '11). Plus I always wanted Vista or Sonic Blue anyway. So a SB 6AT 2012 GT Coupe sounds pretty good to me...

I think this time I'll get the EP and HIDs....
Old 5/11/11, 04:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My GT500 Ford Racing mounts arrived today from CJ Pont parts in good order. And only $85.

Now I have to decide if I am going to keep my car or trade it for a Sonic Blue with an 6AT (my days of clutch pedal use are about over thanks to 5 months (Feb to this coming August) of non-use of my left leg, which was already marginal prior to breaking my foot in Feb '11). Plus I always wanted Vista or Sonic Blue anyway. So a SB 6AT 2012 GT Coupe sounds pretty good to me...

I think this time I'll get the EP and HIDs....
You will love the EP! I also have hid's and they are a take it or leave it thing for me, but the ep is a pleasure to have. With all the issues ( not that I've had ANY PROBLEMS) with the manual, maybe the auto is a smart pre-emptive strike! Sorry about your continuing leg issues. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. GOOD LUCK!
Old 5/12/11, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Eric, you must have made a visit to your friendly local Ford dealership, didn't you !
So, they offered you to trade in your 2011 for a 2012 AT. How much of a hit are you taking ? If it turns out to be a good deal for you, i say go for it. You live once right.....make the most out of it.

I finished installing my Koni's, but haven't had a chance to go for a test drive.
This thing needs an alignment bad, will try to bring it to a shop ASAP, the wheels are crooked with the new set up.
Old 5/13/11, 02:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Eric, you must have made a visit to your friendly local Ford dealership, didn't you !
So, they offered you to trade in your 2011 for a 2012 AT. How much of a hit are you taking ? If it turns out to be a good deal for you, i say go for it. You live once right.....make the most out of it.

I finished installing my Koni's, but haven't had a chance to go for a test drive.
This thing needs an alignment bad, will try to bring it to a shop ASAP, the wheels are crooked with the new set up.
Actually my dealer has been useless so far. THis is all my doing. My dealer actually seems disinterested in me. I tried twice yesterday to reach my salesman, then they said they'd connect me to his v/m, after which my call was disconnected. Today I called, they said he was there but with a customer. So they connected me with his v/m (successfully this time), whereupon I left him a message saying I wanted to talk to him about buying a new car. That was 3-1/2 hours ago. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/13/11 at 02:31 PM.
Old 5/14/11, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Actually my dealer has been useless so far. THis is all my doing. My dealer actually seems disinterested in me. I tried twice yesterday to reach my salesman, then they said they'd connect me to his v/m, after which my call was disconnected. Today I called, they said he was there but with a customer. So they connected me with his v/m (successfully this time), whereupon I left him a message saying I wanted to talk to him about buying a new car. That was 3-1/2 hours ago. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Geezzzz, then one wonders if these salesman shouldn't be doing voluntary work for the community since they don't really care about their existing customers and pay checks.

Darn, it's been rainning non stop for 12 hours so far, and expecting some more for the next few days. Crazy wheather this year.
So i haven't been able to take the car out for a drive. Suckkks