Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Koni STR.T & Stock Springs & Sways

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/11, 10:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Just taught i'd share this with you Eric.

Ordered these yesterday from CJ Pony; w/5% discount was abt $90. Nowhere in the purchase nor checkout process was there any indication they were out of stock.

UPDATE: Got my confirmation from CJPony - of course NOW they tell me the mounts are "Backordered". Inconsiderate Bastards...

Let's hope Ford has its production scheduling in better shape than Koni...

Last edited by Double-EDad; 4/23/11 at 10:49 AM.
Old 4/23/11, 10:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
So Eric, are you enjoying your celibacy, because if Mama ain't happy no one is happy
So true. And yes, I am 'enjoying' it....

Seriously, today is a "good" day: it's our 17th Anniversary, and we have our annual reservations all set at the Bonefish Grill tonight (it's our 'tradition').

Last edited by Double-EDad; 4/23/11 at 10:52 AM.
Old 4/23/11, 11:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Ordered these yesterday from CJ Pony; w/5% discount was abt $90. Nowhere in the purchase nor checkout process was there any indication they were out of stock.

UPDATE: Got my confirmation from CJPony - of course NOW they tell me the mounts are "Backordered". Inconsiderate Bastards...

Let's hope Ford has its production scheduling in better shape than Koni...
Yeah of course, they won't tell you that it's B/O while putting in your order online, otherwise you might be tempted to go shop elsewhere. You always have to call first to check availability. I always do anyways.
Got mine for $89 CDN from my dealership.

Happy 17th anniversary, kiss your wife hello for me will 'ya.
Old 4/23/11, 01:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 560 Likes on 363 Posts
Happy Anniversary Eric
Old 4/26/11, 03:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

This sucks, like many of you's have found out by calling different suppliers or vendors, i too was told that the Koni's will be back ordered for a while. Was hoping that a CDN supplier would have a set sitting on a shelf somewhere, but no luck.
Man, we just want to get this economy going.....get this plant in Holland rolling 24 hrs.
Old 4/26/11, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

This sucks, like many of you's have found out by calling different suppliers or vendors, i too was told that the Koni's will be back ordered for a while. Was hoping that a CDN supplier would have a set sitting on a shelf somewhere, but no luck.
Man, we just want to get this economy going.....get this plant in Holland rolling 24 hrs.
LOL, I bet it's worse for you than me since you can actually DRIVE your car and you already have the strut mounts (as opposed to a backordered IOU from CJPP)!

I've mapped it out from my surgery date and if all goes well (as if any of it has so far), the date I should be able to once again drive my car will be Tuesday JULY 12, 2011. So as long as the Konis come in by then and Ford isn't as behind on their strut mounts I'll be golden.
Old 4/26/11, 08:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ouch, July 12th........
I know, i shouldn't be complaining but............
If by any chance you get your Koni's before mine and are not able to install them, you may as well sell them to me and get yours later ! How's that for a deal.
Old 4/27/11, 05:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Dan,

I bought my Koni Sports at Mustang Direct last fall for their end-of-season sale. Boy am I happy I bought them back then
Old 4/27/11, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
So true. And yes, I am 'enjoying' it....

Seriously, today is a "good" day: it's our 17th Anniversary, and we have our annual reservations all set at the Bonefish Grill tonight (it's our 'tradition').

Happy anniversary my friend. I hope you guys have a great one.

As for That is me right now as my car was just towed to the dealer with a dead engine
Old 4/27/11, 04:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MontrealStang
Dan,

I bought my Koni Sports at Mustang Direct last fall for their end-of-season sale. Boy am I happy I bought them back then
Hey Mart,
Thanks for the scoop........but........
Funny you've mentionned that as i just Called Ted today to see if he had some in stock, and it was my lucky day, he had a set on display and bought them on the spot. If anyone is interested, he has a few sets still up for sale. I got mine for $369 CDN. He can ship to the US no problem.
I also got a set of Lloyd mats with the 5.0 logo . Nice stuff.
How much did you pay yours Mart ?
Here is a pic.

Last edited by montreal ponies; 4/27/11 at 04:57 PM.
Old 4/27/11, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

^^^ ^^^
Old 4/27/11, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Mart,
Thanks for the scoop........but........
Funny you've mentionned that as i just Called Ted today to see if he had some in stock, and it was my lucky day, he had a set on display and bought them on the spot. If anyone is interested, he has a few sets still up for sale. I got mine for $369 CDN. He can ship to the US no problem.
I also got a set of Lloyd mats with the 5.0 logo . Nice stuff.
How much did you pay yours Mart ?
Here is a pic.
Dan,

I got the Sports since I need the adjustment for my track days ; I think they were around $700. I also installed some Brembos, Steeda Sports, Hotchkis double adjustable swaybars et SS lines

Old 4/28/11, 02:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool stuff Mart,
Yeah of course you needed the adj dampers. But i won't probably see any track time with this car. I'd like to go to Tremblant, but i need some more time off from my busy schedule. But who knows, i might go see you one of these days.
How much work is involved in getting these suckers installed. I know the back is pretty straight forward, but the front you have to drop the spindle and get the springs onto the new dampers by using a spring compressor.
Did you do yours yourself !
Old 4/28/11, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool stuff Mart,
Yeah of course you needed the adj dampers. But i won't probably see any track time with this car. I'd like to go to Tremblant, but i need some more time off from my busy schedule. But who knows, i might go see you one of these days.
How much work is involved in getting these suckers installed. I know the back is pretty straight forward, but the front you have to drop the spindle and get the springs onto the new dampers by using a spring compressor.
Did you do yours yourself !
I did it all by myself like a big boy

There are a couple of tricky parts but the only extra tool I needed was a spring compressor. You can rent one of those FREE at Canadian Tire; you give an $80 + tax deposit and they will refund you the total amount when you bring it back.

If you want send me a PM (or email) and we could do your car in my garage; I'm pretty well equiped
Old 4/28/11, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

If you want send me a PM (or email) and we could do your car in my garage; I'm pretty well equiped
Ha! ha! I'm still 12!!
Old 4/28/11, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

I did it all by myself like a big boy

There are a couple of tricky parts but the only extra tool I needed was a spring compressor. You can rent one of those FREE at Canadian Tire; you give an $80 + tax deposit and they will refund you the total amount when you bring it back.

Sounds like a plan to me,
I'm pretty well equipped as well, but of course i'm missing the spring compressor. I hate playing with coil springs, i've seen one go balistic once, and scared the hell out of me. Fortunately, it wasn't my car and me holding the wratchet.
But i think we could arrange something, nothing like one set of hands wrenching and the other holding a nice cold one. ( missing smiley )
Where exactly are u from ! South shore.
I'm in Laval.....

Last edited by montreal ponies; 4/28/11 at 06:18 PM.
Old 4/28/11, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wonger
Ha! ha! I'm still 12!!
Ha Ha Ha ... good one ... I didn't read myself after
Old 4/28/11, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like a plan to me,
I'm pretty well equipped as well, but of course i'm missing the spring compressor. I hate playing with coil springs, i've seen one go balistic once, and scared the hell out of me. Fortunately, it wasn't my car and me holding the wratchet.
But i think we could arrange something, where exactly are u from ! South shore.
I'm in Laval.....
Ville St-Laurent near Cote-Vertu & Marcel-Laurin ... send me PM ... I'll give you my phone #
Old 4/28/11, 06:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by wonger
Ha! ha! I'm still 12!!
Old 4/28/11, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ville St-Laurent near Cote-Vertu & Marcel-Laurin ... send me PM ... I'll give you my phone #
Cool, you're in that Alexis Nihon housing development.
PM sent...

Quick Reply: Koni STR.T & Stock Springs & Sways