Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Koni Sport Struts &Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/12, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J Tennu
Yes, they are the 2011+ specific Koni Sport Struts. The FRPP Jounce Stops added to both the front and rear.

Also, those are the exact parts, with part no.'s, that I ordered. Thanks for posting them. I couldn't find the receipt.

Picked up car yesterday, and how does it feel... I'm going to have to hold judgement for another couple weeks of break-in, but I will say this... Koni Sport Shocks are a huge improvement over the stock shocks. The Steeda Sport Springs are noticeably stiffer, especially over large bumps and road imperfections(that's the majority of NYC!). Steeda Swaybars definitely put some control over the body roll. Everything feels good over well paved roadways. Need to figure out how soft/firm I should set the shocks for daily driving.

I'll post pics before the weekend is over.
Awesome, looking forward for the pics. Makes me wish all of my parts were here!

And I stole those part numbers off of your post in another thread
Old 4/12/12, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
Awesome, looking forward for the pics. Makes me wish all of my parts were here!

And I stole those part numbers off of your post in another thread
I forgot I posted them in the past! Excellent!

I went back to my car and decided to see where my shocks were set at... FULL FIRM!!! I backed them all off to full soft, then did 360 degrees counterclockwise(I believe that's +2) for both fronts and rears. Feels 10x better now for the street. Awesome set-up! I'll either ask the tech where the front and rear swaybars are set at, or I'll take a look at them if I can get under there.
Old 4/13/12, 08:05 AM
Cobra R Member

They came out with the 2011+ specific struts now? I knew right after I bought the 2010s they'd Come out
Old 4/13/12, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Koni Sport Struts &Shocks-image-3178084920.jpg

Koni Sport Struts &Shocks-image-3618962662.jpg

Since the Koni Yellows were on back-order when I started conducting modifications, I decided to hold out for the 2011+ specific set. Totally not necessary, but that's what I wanted. Also, I really wanted to use those Steeda 2011+ Heavy Duty Strut Mounts without the need for any spacers. Quality piece and everything feels solid.
Old 4/27/12, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

I forgot I posted them in the past! Excellent!

I went back to my car and decided to see where my shocks were set at... FULL FIRM!!! I backed them all off to full soft, then did 360 degrees counterclockwise(I believe that's +2) for both fronts and rears. Feels 10x better now for the street. Awesome set-up! I'll either ask the tech where the front and rear swaybars are set at, or I'll take a look at them if I can get under there.
Hows the ride? I just received my 11+ Struts and Steeda 11+ HD mounts and sport springs yesterday. now just waiting for the rear shocks to come in. Time to order the bolts and bump stops and Fays2 Watts link too now that I got a set struts in. Didnt know how long it would be until they were off backorder so i decided to try and space out the purchases lol
Old 4/27/12, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80

Hows the ride? I just received my 11+ Struts and Steeda 11+ HD mounts and sport springs yesterday. now just waiting for the rear shocks to come in. Time to order the bolts and bump stops and Fays2 Watts link too now that I got a set struts in. Didnt know how long it would be until they were off backorder so i decided to try and space out the purchases lol
Great here on full soft with Strano sways in middle hole.
Old 4/27/12, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by devildog1679

Great here on full soft with Strano sways in middle hole.
Same here... I backed them down to 180 degrees counterclockwise from full soft. Both front and rear Steeda sways set at middle holes. Now, only need relocation brackets to be installed to get back the traction I lost in lowering the car... Other than that, it's fantastic!
Old 4/28/12, 12:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Same here... I backed them down to 180 degrees counterclockwise from full soft. Both front and rear Steeda sways set at middle holes. Now, only need relocation brackets to be installed to get back the traction I lost in lowering the car... Other than that, it's fantastic!
Not sure if your adjustable sways will clear the relocation brackets, most claim they won't. So far no traction issues here but I don't drag, mostly road course and autox
Old 4/28/12, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by devildog1679

Not sure if your adjustable sways will clear the relocation brackets, most claim they won't. So far no traction issues here but I don't drag, mostly road course and autox
I will double-check, but both Steeda and the shop tech have not mentioned any issues with using the Steeda (weld-in) relocation brackets with their adjustable rear sway bar. Those rear lower control arms' instant center is off... not only does it show, but there is a definite loss in traction. I'm not dragging my car either, but getting on it from a complete stand-still induces massive wheel spin with rear kicking out... no grip. Unable to really test how she comes out of a road course corner, but my best guess is she lost a bit there, too.

Koni Sport Struts &Shocks-image-742392498.jpg
Old 4/28/12, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I will double-check, but both Steeda and the shop tech have not mentioned any issues with using the Steeda (weld-in) relocation brackets with their adjustable rear sway bar. Those rear lower control arms' instant center is off... not only does it show, but there is a definite loss in traction. I'm not dragging my car either, but getting on it from a complete stand-still induces massive wheel spin with rear kicking out... no grip. Unable to really test how she comes out of a road course corner, but my best guess is she lost a bit there, too.
Let us know if they fit.
Old 4/29/12, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Got my 11+ struts delivered a couple days ago. Did anyone else's come in with the paint chipped off around the spring perch and on the body of the strut? Are they stainless steel? looks like they were rattling around against each other a lot in delivery as the cardboard on the inside of the box was all chewed up and one of the clips came off and a strut was uncompressed. I would add pictures but my phone camera just died. All my pictures are just a full turquoise screen
Old 5/2/12, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

When my front set came (05-10 version) one of the struts' shipping clips had come off causing one of them uncompress in the box causing a hole. I informed the retailer and they contacted Koni, came back and said that is ok as long as there are no signs of leakage.