Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/15, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, just yesterday I had a shop install the Brenspeed 675E on my 14 GT automatic. I know the guys pretty close and when one saw it they first thing they said was I am going to lose a ton of power when it gets hot. The other guy said it will be fine. After the install they ran it on the dyno 5 times. Yes 5. They did it so they could do runs with the engine really hot and see how high the IAT is after back to back to back pulls. Amazingly the HP and torque went up each pull about 3HP until it capped out at 547 rwhp.

This morning my buddy told me he couldn't believe it and he takes back anything he ever said about the Edelbrock. From my perspective the thing is a beast. It will break the tires loose at 70mph in 4th gear. I had my buddy tune it and I trust his tunes a lot. After reading posts all over the internet about Edelbrocks not giving power I was scared to buy one but in the end I am super happy I trusted my gut.
Old 12/5/15, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by The Beast 2014
Ok, just yesterday I had a shop install the Brenspeed 675E on my 14 GT automatic. I know the guys pretty close and when one saw it they first thing they said was I am going to lose a ton of power when it gets hot. The other guy said it will be fine. After the install they ran it on the dyno 5 times. Yes 5. They did it so they could do runs with the engine really hot and see how high the IAT is after back to back to back pulls. Amazingly the HP and torque went up each pull about 3HP until it capped out at 547 rwhp.
The dyno is not the street. The heat loads are completely different. Keeping stuff cool on the dyno is child's play.

This morning my buddy told me he couldn't believe it and he takes back anything he ever said about the Edelbrock. From my perspective the thing is a beast. It will break the tires loose at 70mph in 4th gear. I had my buddy tune it and I trust his tunes a lot. After reading posts all over the internet about Edelbrocks not giving power I was scared to buy one but in the end I am super happy I trusted my gut.
What is it? 45deg out there? The tires are breaking loose because they have no traction in the cold. And it's a whole lot easier to keep IAT's in check when it's not hot out.

BTW, what are the IAT's at the end of a 4 gear pull? Do you know?
Old 12/5/15, 06:38 PM

I don't need the dyno to be the street. The dyno was so the car can be tuned and to check operation. The IAT was around 108 if I remember correctly but it was late and I would need to check.

BTW, it's never really that hot here. Either way my post is based on my experience so far and from guys who work exclusively on Mustangs for a long time. I guess we will find out when I take it to the track.
Old 7/20/16, 08:12 PM

Looks great bro

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I figured Tommy was going to chime in right away, and he did I like his car and his setup.

Jim, that being said, looks like ease of installation and stock look is what you're looking for and some of your MIR's.

I have my Magnuson set up and really like it. Did the install all myself with no cutting or grinding of any sort. Stock pulley was 3.9", 5.5 lbs of boost, and I was at 520whp with a JDM Engineering tune (link to dyno chart on my sig below). I have since upgraded to NGK plugs, 3.6 pulley, at 9 lbs of boost, with a new JDM tune, and am at 545whp. I plan to add a CFM intake, LTH, and hi flow cats soon, so I expect to be at 575whp.

Looks great bro but I can honestly tell you that the horsepower range that JDM told you is the only street range power that they know, from what I heard their better for track cars but they dogged my tune and I have an 11 Coyote with a 2.9 Whipple front feed. I'd recommend going elsewhere for a tune
Old 7/21/16, 09:14 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by NickyD
Looks great bro but I can honestly tell you that the horsepower range that JDM told you is the only street range power that they know, from what I heard their better for track cars but they dogged my tune and I have an 11 Coyote with a 2.9 Whipple front feed. I'd recommend going elsewhere for a tune
Thanks... but I already had it dyno'd before my latest mod. You probably seen it on my sig from before. So I haven't had her re-dyno'd since my latest mods, but it's definitely way up from before. And I've had them for my tune for a long time. I trust them and their results have been verified.