5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Boss H pipe and tune Q

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/13, 02:28 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
... I run my Boss h-pipe with a Magnaflow Street Series Axle-back, and the restricter plates removed. Sounds perfect!
I started with the restrictors out, way to loud for me (great sound though). I'm finding with GT500 AB's and stock restrictor plates in the sound is perfect for me. I knew with them out my locally police might give me extra attention, I'd prefer to stay out of their attention...
Old 2/28/13, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am gonna take them out. If its to loud I can always put them back in.

Only prob I may have is on a cold start.
Old 2/28/13, 03:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
I started with the restrictors out, way to loud for me (great sound though). I'm finding with GT500 AB's and stock restrictor plates in the sound is perfect for me. I knew with them out my locally police might give me extra attention, I'd prefer to stay out of their attention...
I drove my new Boss for a couple weeks with the stock restrictor plates (stock mufflers too) and it was way too quiet for me. Then I switched out the plates for ones that had 7/8" holes, which liked much better. However, ended up removing them entirely after getting Trackey activated, still with the stock mufflers. My GT with the Magnaflows and no plates sounds noticeably deeper at idle than the Boss, plus noticeably louder at WOT, but in no way is it obnoxiously loud when driving normal.

In fact, I stopped at a service plaza on the FL Turnpike recently, parking right next to a FL Highway Patrol trooper's vehicle. As luck would have it, the trooper was sittting in his vehicle when I got in my stang to leave. He was backed-in so he was sitting directly next to my drivers side. He seemed busy with his laptop and didn't even look up at me when I started my stang. However again, as luck would have it, I accidentally revved my engine while adjusting the position of my Recaro seat. The Boss side exhaust clearly got his attention. I only saw his reaction out of the corner of my eye, and it was like WTF? I really didn't want to have any discussion with him, so I didn't look at him directly and just backed out and left normal-like. I had my wife and son with me, so maybe his guessed it was just an accidental blip, rather than someone trying to annoy him. My GT must not be too loud, right?!

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 2/28/13 at 03:35 PM.
Old 2/28/13, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
I drove my new Boss for a couple weeks with the stock restrictor plates (stock mufflers too) and it was way too quiet for me. Then I switched out the plates for ones that had 7/8" holes, which liked much better. However, ended up removing them entirely after getting Trackey activated, still with the stock mufflers. My GT with the Magnaflows and no plates sounds noticeably deeper at idle than the Boss, plus noticeably louder at WOT, but in no way is it obnoxiously loud when driving normal.

In fact, I stopped at a service plaza on the FL Turnpike recently, parking right next to a FL Highway Patrol trooper's vehicle. As luck would have it, the trooper was sittting in his vehicle when I got in my stang to leave. He was backed-in so he was sitting directly next to my drivers side. He seemed busy with his laptop and didn't even look up at me when I started my stang. However again, as luck would have it, I accidentally revved my engine while adjusting the position of my Recaro seat. The Boss side exhaust clearly got his attention. I only saw his reaction out of the corner of my eye, and it was like WTF? I really didn't want to have any discussion with him, so I didn't look at him directly and just backed out and left normal-like. I had my wife and son with me, so maybe his guessed it was just an accidental blip, rather than someone trying to annoy him. My GT must not be too loud, right?!
You can probably thank your wife and son for that getaway! haha LUcky the cop wasnt a d*ck and lit em up ... anyways i plan on going quad borla s type axlebacks for my first mod with the gt500 rear valance then debating for between the MGW shifter or boss exhaust... from the sound of it i think the S types will hold me over till i get some more money and drop it on the boss side exhaust!
Old 3/1/13, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

HPipe installed. It sounds awesome! Didn't realize how deep sounding it is. I love it. Baffles removed of course.

I will post vids either Mon or Tues.

It helped take a little of the raspiness out off the muffler delete.
Old 3/1/13, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
HPipe installed. It sounds awesome! Didn't realize how deep sounding it is. I love it. Baffles removed of course.

I will post vids either Mon or Tues.

It helped take a little of the raspiness out off the muffler delete.
cannot wait to hear it, give the ricers something to drool about
Old 3/1/13, 10:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I first changed the stock mufflers and replaced them with SLP Loudmouth Muffler deletes. Then I added the Boss Quads when they became available without the restrictors. I love it...

However, I'm now looking to add Steeda cat deletes... wondering how affects the sound? LOL
Old 3/2/13, 07:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2011 GT
I first changed the stock mufflers and replaced them with SLP Loudmouth Muffler deletes. Then I added the Boss Quads when they became available without the restrictors. I love it...

However, I'm now looking to add Steeda cat deletes... wondering how affects the sound? LOL

It will be very loud. If you search the web, I know there's a video of a 2013 GHIG Boss 302 with cat deletes. Try to find it, as it may be too loud for most.
Old 3/5/13, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is a clip sorry for all the wind. I will try to get a better one later.