Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Best tune for the 5.0?

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/10, 06:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Driver72
Anyone know if all the tuners make a 91 Octane tune or are they mostly 93 Octane and 91 Octane state owners need to get custom tunes?
We have both 91 and 93 octane tunes.
Old 10/12/10, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got a question about redline/fuel cutoffs with custom tunes. I've read where some members got a custom tune and now have a redline of 7200-7300 rpm. If the 5.0 can safely rev that high, why does Ford program the redline/fuel cutoff at 6850? Does a typical tune come preprogrammed at a set redline or do they allow the customer to choose whatever they want?
Old 10/12/10, 08:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RandyW
I've got a question about redline/fuel cutoffs with custom tunes. I've read where some members got a custom tune and now have a redline of 7200-7300 rpm. If the 5.0 can safely rev that high, why does Ford program the redline/fuel cutoff at 6850? Does a typical tune come preprogrammed at a set redline or do they allow the customer to choose whatever they want?
They can set the redline for whatever you want. Drop Justin at VMP a line and he will answer any question you have as you can talk to Justin the tuner himself.
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?
Old 10/13/10, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

To answer questions, we're adding the Skip-Shift eliminator feature to our online submission form to make it easier starting Monday. Also, the Race tune will default to off, it will be an OPTION for Street and Performance tunes.

We also have some updated tune files as of Monday as well. So if you've had our tunes on your 11 before Monday, call and get your updates! We've unlocked some horsepower and torque in a few areas we've been exploring along side Ford Racing's calibrators.

For those interested in what a Bama tune can do for your 11, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o_90fCOYzE
An inside view of our Automatic 2011 Mustang GT with Bama Custom Tunes. This shows the potential of the Automatic transmission with a good transmission calibration! It shifts at just a hair over 7000RPM in every gear, and throttle response is awesome! We solved the 2-3 shift problem, and made the whole car shift faster/harder when you're on the throttle!

We rolled into the throttle because the car just goes sideways if we mash it. You can't really hear it because of the exhaust, but the car will chirp and/or spin 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 effortlessly.

and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCTR...watch_response
AmericanMuscle heads to the track once again, running our 2011 5.0L Mustang GT at Cecil County Dragway. With stock headers and a heavy street wheel/tire combination, we pulled off an 11.905 @ 118.49 MPH pass with a 1.88 60FT. Check it out!

C&L Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow Off-Road X-Pipe
Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
18x9 and 18x10 Bullitt Wheels w/Nitto NT05 Rear Tires (street setup)

Keep in mind, most people running that fast in their autos had long tubes and bogarts/slicks.

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 10/13/10 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10/13/10, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor

No Bogarts or Slicks here...

July 3rd, 2010 - 93 Degrees out with track temps at 125 Degrees

Evolution Performance, Inc. - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Automatic Runs 11.91@117MPH With Street Tires!

We wanted to see what times could be achieved with D.O.T. Street Tires on Stock Wheels, which 80% of the people buying these cars will be using. This car is geared more towards the Street/Strip group using 100% Street Components including CATS! The wheels used were heavy 18X9.5 Stock 2007 GT500 Wheels with a 265/40R18 M/T Drag Radial!

Modification List
- C&L Cold Air Intake System
- Evolution Performance, Inc. True Custom 93 Octane Tune
- American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3" Collector and Catted X-Pipe
- Magnaflow Competition Series 3" Catback Exhaust System
- Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
- Steeda Ultralite Lowering Springs
- Evolution Performance, Inc. Adjustable Panhard Bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2RQXtwyqw
Old 10/14/10, 04:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I love it when another tuners man hood gets bruised and they have to steal the thunder from another. Real classy baby!
Old 10/14/10, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Fred knows we weren't taking about him, either. LOL

He just ran 8's, and did a ridiculous wheelstand on another video. He doesn't need to boast, everyone knows their accomplishments.

That's not what I was trying to start..
Old 10/14/10, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Chris i recently ordered one of the sct's from AM.com with three of your 93 tunes.

Just today i got an email like when i first ordered, is this because the tune for my car was updated?

Do you guys send out this email anytime you update the 5.0 tune?
Old 10/15/10, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Large red bolded text makes me not want to read the post.
Old 10/15/10, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
Chris i recently ordered one of the sct's from AM.com with three of your 93 tunes.

Just today i got an email like when i first ordered, is this because the tune for my car was updated?

Do you guys send out this email anytime you update the 5.0 tune?
Chris,

I placed my order back on 10/2 and then was call a couple days later and told they were out of stock. Can you give me an eta on the SCT and Steeda CAI combo?
Old 10/18/10, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Bigjohns97, could have been an error, but either way we have some updates as of today! Skip shift for the manuals has been erased from Race tune and is optionally deleted on Street and Performance tunes. Auto vehicles have awesome new transmission calibrations, etc.

Give Bama a call directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll hook you up!

mdun6, it looks like the Steeda cold air intake systems were on a Manufacturer's Back-Order, but they'll be back on our shelves in the next few days, hopefully. I will post back here later today once we get an updated ETA.
Old 10/18/10, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Smile

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Bigjohns97, could have been an error, but either way we have some updates as of today! Skip shift for the manuals has been erased from Race tune and is optionally deleted on Street and Performance tunes. Auto vehicles have awesome new transmission calibrations, etc.

Give Bama a call directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll hook you up!

mdun6, it looks like the Steeda cold air intake systems were on a Manufacturer's Back-Order, but they'll be back on our shelves in the next few days, hopefully. I will post back here later today once we get an updated ETA.
Thank You
Old 10/19/10, 06:30 PM
GT Member

What happened to my update?
Old 10/21/10, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Okay, so Steeda has confirmed they'll ship as early as tomorrow and as late as Monday, so we should have them shipping out end of next week. Sorry for the delay!
Old 10/23/10, 06:16 AM

I don't have any personal experience with any of them, but from what I've read on:
LSS
TMS
Mustang Forums
Stangnet
Allfordmustangs
Moddedmustangs

The only problems I've seem people have are with the Bama and Lethal tunes.

Again, no experience of my own, but no one does until they buy one, and I don't want any really bad experiences. So short of experimenting on my car, I learn from everyone else's experiences...that said, I've scratched Bama and Lethal off my list.
Old 10/23/10, 05:03 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
I don't have any personal experience with any of them, but from what I've read on:
LSS
TMS
Mustang Forums
Stangnet
Allfordmustangs
Moddedmustangs

The only problems I've seem people have are with the Bama and Lethal tunes.

Again, no experience of my own, but no one does until they buy one, and I don't want any really bad experiences. So short of experimenting on my car, I learn from everyone else's experiences...that said, I've scratched Bama and Lethal off my list.
I have tried nearly EVERY tune currently on the market for the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 and BlowByRacing (BBR) is ABSOLUTELY the WORST tune on the market! BBR's customer service is non-existent and they habitually tell you one thing and completely do something different.

AM 'Bama tunes are the VERY best tune on the market bar none! I posted my tune issues on AllFordMustang.Com Forum and have attached the link below. I am in NO way associated with AM 'Bama I am just telling you like it is. How does 430+ rwhp and 400+ rwtq sound to you? It is truly an exhilerating and intoxicating experience each and EVERY time I drive my BEAST that has the AM 'Bama 93 octane "Race" tune installed. Long Live the Legend!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...une-issue.html
Old 10/23/10, 05:19 PM

Best tune

What about Livernois?
Old 10/23/10, 05:31 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Omcar
What about Livernois?
Livernois was my preferred custom tuner until I compared both tunes back-to-back two weeks ago and to be quite honest with you I still have Chris Rose's tune installed on my car. The AM 'Bama "Race" tune has transformed my car (with my minor upgrades) into a real BEAST! With traction and stability control engaged I barely can keep the car from going sideways most of the time. I promise you I am not exaggerating this car is a hand full to drive (in a great way!) and you better be on top of your game when you really get into the throttle. Low-end torque is absolutely amazing, throttle response is second to none and she pulls REALLY hard well past 7K RPM's. I don't think I could possibly get a better custom tune (to include custom dyno tune) that Chris Rose's custom 93 octane "Race" tune. Please I am NOT taking anything away from Rick LeBlanc or Dan Millen as they are absolutely GREAT guys and have always helped me in every way possible and they are on my top three list I promise you that! IMHO after months of seat-of-the-pants and dyno testing my top three tuners are AM 'Bama, Brenspeed and Livernois Motorsports...you can't go wrong with any of these three tuners. I hope this helps to clear things up a bit. Good luck to you and please keep us updated on your experiences, impressions and opinions. Take care.
Old 10/24/10, 12:02 PM

Tune

Thanks I appreciate the comparisons.
Old 10/24/10, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omcar
Thanks I appreciate the comparisons.
Anytime...good luck to you as I wish you the VERY best!

Last edited by badboytoy; 10/24/10 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Best tune for the 5.0?