5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Best tune for the 5.0?

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/10, 02:46 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive tried Brenspeed and Steeda tunes, I like them both. Dyno numbers and track times show they are both close as far as performance goes. Steeda has better driveability but Brenspeed make a little more power and torque. If I split hairs Im sure one would be a winner.
Old 10/26/10, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
I don't have any personal experience with any of them, but from what I've read on:
LSS
TMS
Mustang Forums
Stangnet
Allfordmustangs
Moddedmustangs

The only problems I've seem people have are with the Bama and Lethal tunes.

Again, no experience of my own, but no one does until they buy one, and I don't want any really bad experiences. So short of experimenting on my car, I learn from everyone else's experiences...that said, I've scratched Bama and Lethal off my list.
If you're talking about that one thread where Lethal had an issue, I suggest you research a little more. Also, the guy that said the Bama tune was pinging, got that before Bama merged with AmericanMuscle, and before I was here. He actually ran my tune from Tillmans, and guess where most of those parameters are? The Bama Race tune, Street tune and Performance tunes.

Don't scratch off some of the top tuners in the country before reading a little farther into it. Scratching lethal off, you need to scratch Evo off too. Jon Lund does both of their tuning. Then you need to scratch off half of the shops in the country, since they get their information from sources that all link back to Jon Lund.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...archid=1677442 <-- Here's thousands of results for us. Take some time and read through them. I'm pretty sure you'll see positive response.

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 10/26/10 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10/27/10, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Scratching lethal off, you need to scratch Evo off too. Jon Lund does both of their tuning. Then you need to scratch off half of the shops in the country, since they get their information from sources that all link back to Jon Lund.
Got it, scratched, thanks.
Old 10/29/10, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

If you're talking about that one thread where Lethal had an issue, I suggest you research a little more. Also, the guy that said the Bama tune was pinging, got that before Bama merged with AmericanMuscle, and before I was here. He actually ran my tune from Tillmans, and guess where most of those parameters are? The Bama Race tune, Street tune and Performance tunes.

Don't scratch off some of the top tuners in the country before reading a little farther into it. Scratching lethal off, you need to scratch Evo off too. Jon Lund does both of their tuning. Then you need to scratch off half of the shops in the country, since they get their information from sources that all link back to Jon Lund.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...archid=1677442 <-- Here's thousands of results for us. Take some time and read through them. I'm pretty sure you'll see positive response.
Hello Chris, I could not have stated the facts any better than you just did! I have researched and tried about EVERY custom tune currently on the market and you and Mike Wilson are the VERY best S197 tuners in the country IMHO! Like I said I have tried just about every custom tune on the market (to include custom dyno tune) and your AM 'Bama 93 octane "Race" tune is absolutely the VERY best! I have ran your "Race" tune now for about three weeks and all I can say is WOW! Throttle response, low-to-mid range torque and top-end power is absolutely incredible! It is the custom tune closest to "PERFECT" that their exists for the S197 Mustang! Period! Hands down the VERY best tune! I just wnated to thank you again Chris Rose for your AWESOME job that you have done with perfecting your custom tune for us Mustang enthusiasts! Kepp up the GREAT work and take care! Please add me to your very long list of cmpletely satisfied customers. Take care, Jack
Old 10/29/10, 09:05 PM
Bullitt Member

badboytoy,

I'm not trying to come across as rude, but, you do realize why every post you make, it looks like you are advertising for a company, right? Lol..

"PERFECT"
WOW!
AWESOME
GREAT
Old 10/31/10, 04:16 PM

Thumbs up AM 'Bama 93 Octane "RACE" Tune is the VERY BEST!

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
badboytoy,

I'm not trying to come across as rude, but, you do realize why every post you make, it looks like you are advertising for a company, right? Lol..

"PERFECT"
WOW!
AWESOME
GREAT
Hey KonaBlue5.0, I guess I should've went into marketing and advertising rather than engineering/business. LOL. When I truly believe in a product or service (especially in today's society/marketplace) I want ensure both the good and bad is publicly communicated to other perspective customers that may be on the fence regarding a product or service.

Disclaimer: Again, I am NOT affiliated or connected in any way to AM 'Bama, SCT or another company on these Mustang Forums. I am just a truly "satisfied" AM 'Bama customer! Good luck to you and have a great day! Jack
Old 10/31/10, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Well my SCT and Steeda CAI will be here tomorrow so i well be the judge,
Old 11/2/10, 06:16 AM
GT Member

Installed my Steeda CAI and Bama 93 race tune last night. Got to late to take it out so this morning I drove it to work and when I try even half throttle it goes to limp mode. Code is P061B. I will call Bama @ 9:00 to see what the issue is.

Last edited by mdun6; 11/2/10 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11/2/10, 06:30 AM
GT Member

Oops haha
Old 11/2/10, 07:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Liquid
Oops haha
Wow that's a constructive and helpful post
Old 11/2/10, 10:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mdun6
Haha didn't mean to be nuisance. I would help, but I don't have my car yet!
Old 11/2/10, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like Bama's already getting you squared away. I think they're waiting on a Strategy Code from you and they'll have new tunes once they get that code.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 11/2/10, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Looks like Bama's already getting you squared away. I think they're waiting on a Strategy Code from you and they'll have new tunes once they get that code.

Let us know how it goes!

Yeah it's all good. I wasn't worried in the least that Bama/AM would make it right. I loaded the 91 Performance tune and it runs fine. Called Bama with the strategy code and within 15 minutes I had a new 93 race tune in my inbox. I will try the race tune later today or tomorrow.
Old 11/2/10, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah it's all good. I wasn't worried in the least that Bama/AM would make it right. I loaded the 91 Performance tune and it runs fine. Called Bama with the strategy code and within 15 minutes I had a new 93 race tune in my inbox. I will try the race tune later today or tomorrow.
I have always used chevron 93 with my bama race tune and have only had limp mode engage once and i think it was just an anomoly because of a the shifter wasn't in gear completely and it popped out.

I wasn't driving it hard at all at the time and every time i have gotten on it it's been very solid.
Old 11/3/10, 03:13 AM

Let us know how it goes!
How does that even happen. You give them a list of stuff to the car, they map it against all the info they have, they send you a file, it works...right? What's the process they go through to get the tunes working, proven, and sent to the customer. Like, how do they know what each car will do?
Old 11/3/10, 05:59 AM
GT Member

How does that even happen. You give them a list of stuff to the car, they map it against all the info they have, they send you a file, it works...right? What's the process they go through to get the tunes working, proven, and sent to the customer. Like, how do they know what each car will do?
It's a computer, have you ever had 2 computer act exactly the same?
Old 11/3/10, 08:21 AM

It's a computer, have you ever had 2 computer act exactly the same?
Yes, that's the point, machines made to spec always perform to spec. It's not a hand built Enzo, it's a mass produced Mustang, machines build these machines to spec, over and over. Even the paint is the same. That's why I ask about the tuning process.
Old 11/4/10, 02:57 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

I recomend Livernois Motorsports for your tuning needs.Or a mail order tune from FRPP (less aggressive)

Iam not claiming "they are the best" but its my recomendation to you.

Last edited by Stinger1982; 11/4/10 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11/5/10, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

There are always variables. Not only are there variances in the way that Ford calibrates each individual PCM code, there are different environmental factors to consider as well. This is the same reason why if you took 3 brand new Mustangs off the lot, and put them on the same dyno and same conditions, they're going to be as much as 15HP off from each other. Because they're not made identical. Even as much as a voltage drop to a sensor can affect things. A tiny vacuum leak, an extra thousandths clearance, a tiny bit of extra rotational drag and parasitic loss. There are a million variables.

So our job is to be able to create a tune that will consistently perform. We have to develop our MAF calibrations very precisely. If we dial something in to within a percent, as opposed to 3%, that's going to give us an extra 2% margin of error when we ship to high altitude, or low altitude, etc. We also have to make sure that we calibrate on a healthy vehicle. The process isn't easy, and you're always going to have problem cars, cars that need a little tweak, and cars that it performs flawlessly. These problem cars and cars that need tweaking would have the same problems and need the same tweaking, even if we tuned them in-house on the dyno. You have to remember we send out literally hundreds of tunes each week... volume makes these problems pop up alot more.

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 11/6/10 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11/6/10, 12:10 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Good post
People have to be realistic as tuning is a very complex topic

Quick Reply: Best tune for the 5.0?