Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Bama "Diablosport InTune" Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/14, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmaStang
Straight from the "specs" tab on the product description page:

An added bonus of the InTune is that it does not leave any footprint, fingerprint, watermark or trace on your vehicle's PCM after you return the vehicle back to stock so your dealer will not be able to see that the Intune was ever installed.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/diablo...ne-1113gt.html
jmaStang,

Thanks for pointing this out! I didn't realize this information was listed under the Specs tab for the InTune. I think our Web Team published this info directly from DS by mistake. Good news is I already notified the right people about the mistake and it's being pulled from the site tonight! It should be gone by 8-9pm EST.

I'll follow up with this tomorrow to make sure everything is cleared up. We don't want anything misleading or unestablished on our Product Pages!

Thanks again for shedding light on this!

Shane
Old 2/6/14, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Keep strokin it bud. Check your mirror out. I've read more of your newbie stuffing than a christmas turkey.
What are you smoking dude? Newbie stuff!? Hahahaha whatever man...
Old 2/6/14, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Wowzers! Check your mirrors. Matt is knowledgable in programming the PCM. His points are valid. Check out his work for programming tablets for control of the mustangs.
That's fine CVH. If Matt is an asset great. But his tone was arrogant. His more recent post is much more humble. As far as knowledge, being a high level programmer is different that knowing how to tune an engine. You're talking about understanding code vs understanding engine parameters. Programming expert also isn't a credential for knowing how a tune works and what can and/or cannot be pulled by the dealer. Sure as a programmer he would know how to right over things that a dealer could see. But that's not something an avg person can do.

So I will try to explain again. The PCM has a separate section in its memory that is triggered to store data when certain parameters have been changed. Ford checks this file which unless someone has Matt hack the PCM and erase, the tuner can not access. Diablo is marketing that it doesn't leave a mark but that's not exactly what it's doing. It simple doesn't allow for any of the "triggering" parameters to be changed. Of they said this it could be viewed as inferior to SCT so instead they say what they do.

Yes when you plug in the first time it pulls stock data to the tuner. Then when you return it to stock it puts it all back overwriting everything touched. But that doesn't erase the log that things were changed. The SCT tuner risks these things changing and then being logged. The InTune does not. That is the difference sir.
Old 2/6/14, 04:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
Ok, so since you know it all...So 15 years of ENGINE BUILDING experience is irrelevant.

So, Lets start with a simple question.

Explain 0x7A4 and 0x7AC Ready... Go!
Matt I never said I know it all. Please find that quote. I was no more if that as arrogant as you were in that specific post. And engine building is not irrelevant to the point I was making of understanding the tune, tuner, and PCM relationship.

Anyway, regarding your snarky question. Since I only dabble in SQL and other coding languages. 0x7A4 and 0x7AC could mean a lot of things. It is a hexadecimal based number. Could be a registry key like a TID or memory location. It could also be a range, like a range of memory...
Old 2/6/14, 04:51 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The reality is that the whole "can the dealer tell" thing will always remain an issue of content. The myth is becoming bigger than Bigfoot.

They have the same arguments over on the Subaru forums I checked out back when I had a WRX.

As far as the DiabloSport goes, I had one for a short time. I'll admit that the whole "no footprint" claim was a small factor in my decision, but after reading the DiabloSport forums and trying to figure out a good tune to put on my car, I ended up selling it and getting an SCT. Keep in mind this was BEFORE Bama offered Intune support so it was basically Diablosport canned tune or nothing.

For me personally, I think that if you are going to tune your car or modify it in any way, you should be prepared to possibly deal with any fallout that might arise from it. That said, I got a Steeda tune and haven't looked back. If I did anything else requiring a tune, I would go AED and be done with that. I definitely won't worry about if the dealer can tell if I tuned my car or not.
Old 2/6/14, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm bowing out before this turns into a flame war

(For the record 0x7A4 is a module address)

Originally Posted by jp1seattle
The myth is becoming bigger than Bigfoot.
lmao! Love it!

-Matt (Yea, the Matt that worked with Doug at Bamachips)

Last edited by zeroaviation; 2/6/14 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Yea, i'm being cool about it.
Old 2/6/14, 07:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well heck, I'm all confused. I don't know $hit about programing or codes and I'll be the first too admit that. So, does my Sct leave a tune trace with a dealership on my 11 mustang if I return it back to stock? I was under the impression the answer was yes the dealer can tell.
Old 2/6/14, 07:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jp1seattle
For me personally, I think that if you are going to tune your car or modify it in any way, you should be prepared to possibly deal with any fallout that might arise from it. That said, I got a Steeda tune and haven't looked back. If I did anything else requiring a tune, I would go AED and be done with that. I definitely won't worry about if the dealer can tell if I tuned my car or not.
^^This and I think someone with a tune that was installed with a InTune should return there car to stock and go to the dealer and ask if they can plug in and see if there was ever a tune! Lol
Old 2/6/14, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Well heck, I'm all confused. I don't know $hit about programing or codes and I'll be the first too admit that. So, does my Sct leave a tune trace with a dealership on my 11 mustang if I return it back to stock? I was under the impression the answer was yes the dealer can tell.
No. If you return it to stock first, you are good to go.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
^^This and I think someone with a tune that was installed with a InTune should return there car to stock and go to the dealer and ask if they can plug in and see if there was ever a tune! Lol
lol... And let us know! Sadly, I bet a warranty cancellation would be started.
Old 2/6/14, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Understand that I am quoting from the official Ford TSB attached.

"Unauthorized calibration modifications may or may not be detectable using standard tools Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS), Portable Diagnostic
Software (PDS), NGS+ VCM."

Also, check out the flow chart on Figure 3. This further proves my statement.

This is Dealer level! (meaning the only tool they have is IDS)

Cheers,
-Matt
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tsb11-07-07.pdf (1.67 MB, 171 views)
Old 2/7/14, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor

Quick Update:

Every Diablosport Intune product page on our site has been corrected as of now. Thanks to the feedback from this thread! If you guys notice any other product pages that have been missed, please don't hesitate to link them to me via PM. I'll make sure it's taken care of. Although, they should all be covered already.

Thanks again for the heads up and sorry for any confusion this has caused anyone!

Shane
Old 2/7/14, 01:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Thanks again for the heads up and sorry for any confusion this has caused anyone!
This has caused me extreme stress and confusion.

Some AM swag should fix it.

-Matt
Old 2/7/14, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
jmaStang,

Thanks for pointing this out! I didn't realize this information was listed under the Specs tab for the InTune. I think our Web Team published this info directly from DS by mistake. Good news is I already notified the right people about the mistake and it's being pulled from the site tonight! It should be gone by 8-9pm EST.

I'll follow up with this tomorrow to make sure everything is cleared up. We don't want anything misleading or unestablished on our Product Pages!

Thanks again for shedding light on this!

Shane
No problem. I meant to call about it months ago. I'm actually very surprised that I'm the first person to bring it to your attention. Thank you for the clarification.
Old 2/10/14, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jmaStang
No problem. I meant to call about it months ago. I'm actually very surprised that I'm the first person to bring it to your attention. Thank you for the clarification.
I'm surprised I never ran across it either. Then again, I don't sort through a lot of the product descriptions because I'm already very familiar with the parts or products. I just wish I saw this earlier too. Oh well, it's corrected on the website now.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Shane