Notices
4.6L GT Modifications Place to discuss the 4.6L 2010 motor based modifcations.

2010 Mustang GT Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/11, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mustang GT Aftermarket Exhaust

Thinking about getting aftermarket exhaust for my 2010 mustang gt. Not really sure what kind but I'm open to some suggestions!
Old 11/10/11, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depends on what you are looking for.

I put pypes A/Bs on mine and it was just a little louder than stock with a nice old school rumble to it. Few months later wanted to go louder (but not obnoxious) and switched to roush a/b's and that really opened up the car. a good bit louder, evil growl to her when I open her up, and nice throaty burble when I decelerate.
Old 11/10/11, 12:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I put the Roush extreme kit on mine and it's awesome. Some say it's loud but i love it. She's my DD so i won't do anything too crazy such as LT's so this exhaust is perfect for me
Old 11/11/11, 11:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EXTIRMINATOR
Thinking about getting aftermarket exhaust for my 2010 mustang gt. Not really sure what kind but I'm open to some suggestions!
Hi EXTIRMINATOR,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I think you should start looking at FordRacingParts.com. Have a good one!

Deysha
Old 11/11/11, 02:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
Hi, this is a very subjective question with no one right answer, "it depends" on what you like . . . but here is what I have tried:

1) Magnaflow rectangular mufflers -- these have a very nice smooth deep tone without that "hollow" sound like the stock mufflers; loudness is about the same as stock mufflers or maybe a little louder; great sound on heavy throttle (the stock mufflers are pretty good too); zero drone on the highway; the most beautiful packed tips you have ever seen

2) FRPP "KR" or "FR-500-S" mufflers -- these are a bit louder than the Magnaflows and have a noticeable "crackle" when you let off the throttle or downshift; about the same "deepness" but they do have that "hollow" sound, they have nice packed tips but not as nice as the Magnaflows; very agressive sounding at heavy throttle but not obnoxious; and glad to say there is no drone on the highway, highway cruising is no issue at all . . . if you listen you can hear the exhaust, but it easily fades away if you are listening to the radio or having a conversation. For now I'm happy with these!

be aware if you buy mufflers you need the 2010 version, not the 2005-2009 version, because the tips are a little longer on the 2010
Old 11/17/11, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Onelildude
I put the Roush extreme kit on mine and it's awesome. Some say it's loud but i love it. She's my DD so i won't do anything too crazy such as LT's so this exhaust is perfect for me
That's exactly what I was thinking about putting on! Sounds great on YouTube!
Old 11/17/11, 11:43 PM

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions! Probably going with the roush extreme!
Old 11/18/11, 10:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
If you are looking for a nice authorative tone then I would recommend the Steeda Axle Back Exhaust. I am unable to pull our 2010 video but I have a 2011 video that will show you pretty much the similiar sounds. This is a great piece that comes with a lifetime warranty and will not effect your vehicle warranty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYnb5T6jPro
Old 11/28/11, 03:42 PM
V6 Member

Make that steeda exhaust for the 2010 $400 and u won't be able to keep them in stock.. They are a great exhaust and sound phenomenal, and everyone knows steeda's high quality, but in this economy everyone is looking for more bang for the buck and are having to sacrifice to other name brands that don't cost as much... I would have one already, but I'm like most other Americans and currently in the struggle. There is no doubt though, Steeda exhaust is a major player in a competitive market
Old 11/28/11, 06:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

Boss Hoss

With the promo code "black" that ends at midnight and free shipping we are looking at 449.00 out the door.

You can always PM Gus to get the best deals for forum members.

As far as pricing goes... We may not be able to compete with price in regards to inferior products or products that are not tested as extensively as ours. Be assured when you buy a product from Steeda that you are getting the BEST products we can produce.

We know times are tough and many of the consumers don't have extra money to use towards performance products. That is why when we design, manufacture, and test our products, the consumer's cars safety is the ultimate goal. We will not sell a product that is going to harm your vehicle, be of poor quality, or provide inaccurate information just to get you to buy from us.

We offer lifetime warranties on many of our manufactured products so you can be at ease if and when you purchase our products!
Old 11/29/11, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the info.. That is a great price for an outstanding exhaust!! Heck, I wish I could drive my Stang from here in Orlando and have one of your Q packages put on it. That would be insane!!!! I am frequently on your web page reading about products and checking out what awesome stuff you guys are doing. There is no doubt about Steeda's research and development being superior as well. Steeda has set the bar, where others can only look up and aspire to be. I will always recommend Steeda to anyone in the Mustang scene or ford scene for that matter.. Just got back from the ford dealer, my girlfriend just got a 2012 Fusion Sport and when I got home, jumped on your web page and started exploring options for the fusion.. and there are quite a few already. I might need a second job soon!! hahahaha uggghhh..... )