Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** that car looks good.

I want RTR's so effin bad...
Old 9/1/11, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Have you seen the SVE Drift wheels? Very similar to the RTR's but nearly half the cost. The spokes on them look a little more rounded than the RTR's. If those would've been out I probably would've gotten those for the price.
I saw those last week. Curious to see what those look like in person (or at least pics on a vehicle), as a comparison.
Old 9/1/11, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Right on thanks Rob! Have you seen the SVE Drift wheels? Very similar to the RTR's but nearly half the cost. The spokes on them look a little more rounded than the RTR's. If those would've been out I probably would've gotten those for the price.

Wow I should have paid closer attention, those look great!
Old 9/1/11, 11:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out late model restoration's site. I think they have a pic of them on a white car. I love my RTR's, but for the price you can't beat SVE.
Old 9/1/11, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just did, and I will probably order those.
Old 9/1/11, 12:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm tempted to buy 2 next spring for drag radials. Micky Thompson just came out with a 305/35/19 that would look amazing.
Old 9/1/11, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right on thanks Rob! Have you seen the SVE Drift wheels? Very similar to the RTR's but nearly half the cost. The spokes on them look a little more rounded than the RTR's. If those would've been out I probably would've gotten those for the price.
I did see those. When I get some new wheels Ill be considering weight very heavily, no pun intended! I found some wheels on Tirerack that are about 23 pounds a piece, compared to the 37 pounds of my Foose wheels. Check these bad boys out. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

They are almost just like the RTR's and about the same price. I also considered these if I wanted to stay with 20 inch wheels, then i could still use my tires I have now but they are heavier than the others but lighter than the Foose wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

So from a money standpoint I could save a little by not having to buy tires so I just have to weigh how much I want to save money by how much I want to trim weight. The 19 inch tires tend to be more expensive so maintenance will be more with the 19's as well. So im considering all that in my choice of my next wheels. And if I can sell my Foose wheels of course.
Old 9/1/11, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Those are nice and a good price too! Even better if you can keep your tires too.
Old 9/1/11, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rob, the only thing you might want to double check on those Breyton's (if it matters to you), is if they will fit with a big brake kit. When I asked Tire Rack before about that, they said no. However, I don't know if that was because they confirmed that they wouldn't or just didn't confirm that they would.
Old 9/1/11, 07:55 PM
Cobra R Member

SVE Drift wheels:
http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archi...need-them.aspx

Unless better looking ones come out, doubt it, I will get these in Matte Black. Not sure if I can wait till my car's paid off? May take long time to save, I just might start? These are awesome!! I think.
Old 9/1/11, 08:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Those would look sweet on your car with the Shaker!
Old 9/2/11, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

hmm I really like the look of those in black for my ride and it says clears "cobra brakes" would that mean the brembos? Wonder how much they weigh and if the brembo center caps would fit too.
Old 9/4/11, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just a few pics from today's Shelby, Mustang, and T-Bird show @ Volo auto museum.
Attached Images        
Old 9/6/11, 07:41 PM
V6 Member

one of the best kona blues i've seen
Old 9/13/11, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude!!! Very nice...and those wheels on Kona Blue is just sick. Great Job
Old 12/30/11, 01:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I got inspired tonight by FromZto5 after reading his detailing 101 thread to clean my baby up and throw on another coat of BFWD.

I love the never ending surprises of Kona. Every different angle of light produces such an intoxicating color. Here's some pics of her in the garage sporting the stock wheels. I'm not so happy about the last pic, apparently someone scuffed my front bumper. I always back in at work so I can only imagine it was someone there.

Here's Sexy #2 chillin.
Attached Images      
Old 12/30/11, 04:49 AM
GT Member

I love the look of your car, clean yet powerful. I also got a kona for the same reason you mention - the never ending surprises depending on the weather, the season, and even on how dirty the car is.

PS, a small comment on your photos: whatever program you are using to resize your images, is bad. It messes up the edges.
Old 12/30/11, 12:02 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I got inspired tonight by FromZto5 after reading his detailing 101 thread to clean my baby up and throw on another coat of BFWD.

I love the never ending surprises of Kona. Every different angle of light produces such an intoxicating color. Here's some pics of her in the garage sporting the stock wheels. I'm not so happy about the last pic, apparently someone scuffed my front bumper. I always back in at work so I can only imagine it was someone there.

Here's Sexy #2 chillin.
Hytek!!! Dude, thanks for the props man. NP at all. Let me know if you have any questions on detailing. I would love to help.

But from the looks of it, you don't need any help at all! Your car looks absolutely stunning. Like a dream, man. I have Black Fire Wet Diamond sitting in my detailing pile too... haven't had a chance to use it yet. I will sooner than later though, based on your pics.

BTW, for your scuff on the bumper, that looks like it will buff off. Is it superficial? Can you feel the etch? Use your PC on it, orange pad, M105 or Menz Power Finish... then finish it off with M205/or Menz Super Finish with a gray pad... you will be back to top shape.

I love your rims. What rear spoiler do you have?

Also, I agree with your love for Kona... I just posted a thread of walking into my garage today and seeing that color again and falling in love with it again... lol. I love how it transitions colors... what other color comes close??? None. Check this out:

Last edited by FromZto5; 12/30/11 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12/30/11, 12:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Seeing all your pics lately made me feel like I was cheating on mine lol. The scuff seams to be etched, but possibly an easy fix. I'm just concerned that the etching is too deep. After trying out the new buffer on part of the hood I ended up doing the rest of it by hand. A 10" orbital is way too big for the body lines. I'm going to return it for a smaller one.

As for the pics, they weren't resized. I uploaded to the app straight from my phone. I think it automatically does it, I check later and re-load them.
Old 12/30/11, 02:43 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
hytek...be careful of those store bought orbitals. Those will ruin paint. They don't correct like a true DA. I would return that and get a PC. Don't waste your time on those cheap store imitators. I still have to respond to that detailing post to your guys's questions.

Quick Reply: New pics