Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

My 5oh: 1 year anniversary/year in review

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/12, 09:31 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
My 5oh: 1 year anniversary/year in review

Marilyn is 1 year old to the day! I can't believe it's been that long already. Seems like only yesterday. It's been a great year... All 3106 miles on her. She has brought me a lot of smiles in the last 365 days; starting from the day I saw her come off that delivery truck, till the last wash I gave her last weekend. It's been a blast to wash and detail her, drive her on the streets or highway, receive compliments from fellow drivers, friends, and passersby. I enjoyed changing her oil, and installing each one of her mods. I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the forum members that were able to provide such valuable input and feedback, esp to my noob questions at the time

Marilyn is hibernating now... She is put away for the winter, and insurance has been deactivated (except comp of course). Meanwhile, I wanted to summarize the pros and cons of my 5oh, amongst other things.

PROS:
+ Power. Never had a v8 before. American muscle and torque...'nuff said,
+ Smoothness. Coming from a Nissan VQ motor, I never explored redline there because, well, it was just painful to my ears, and not enjoyable. With the 5oh, I find myself reaching redline more often.
+ Looks. Subjective, but IMO, nothing beats pure American muscle. From the rear view mirror, it just looks MEAN!
+ Aftermarket. Ease of availability and variety of mods. Ease of installation. Customization.

CONS:
- Gas mileage. I can't really go easy on throttle with 400+ horses beneath my right foot. I average about 15mpg in the city.
- Commonality. A mustang is a mustang is a mustang? I see stangs more often than I did Zs and G35 coupes, at least in my area.
- Seats. Though comfortable, they're no recaros like the 2013s...the quality of the Oem seats also leaves something to be desired.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with the car. Do I wish I had a Shelby instead? Sure... But I have to live within my means for now. The Shelby can wait. The 5oh is a fantastic car...I love it.

Pic when I first got her.

Name:  DSC_0418.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  153.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0404.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  196.0 KB

Name:  Marilyn1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  105.0 KB

And how she looks now...

Name:  robin6.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  139.3 KB

Btw, favorite mod is a toss up between mgw and borlas.
Old 11/14/12, 09:52 PM
BB3
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well....Congrats on the anniversary FromZto5.

I'm with you on I don't know where in the heck the time goes ?

Please let me know if you ever figure it out, because I as sure cant........Bill
Old 11/15/12, 03:10 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Definitely congratulations
Old 11/15/12, 05:13 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by BB3
Well....Congrats on the anniversary FromZto5.

I'm with you on I don't know where in the heck the time goes ?

Please let me know if you ever figure it out, because I as sure cant........Bill
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
Definitely congratulations
Thanks guys... Yeah I can't believe it was one year ago today. Wow.

It was the best birthday gift in 34 years I ever got.
Old 11/15/12, 05:16 AM
I Have No Life

Mods,why did this get moved to the kona blue section? Has nothing to do with color... I was discussing my 2012 5oh in general. Please move back to main section and delete this post.
Old 11/15/12, 05:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You got yours right after mine came in...I just put mine away as well....though looking at this weekends weather report ( sunny and 50's) maybe I jumped the gun!! We have about the same miles on our cars. As usual, your car looks awesome, that paint looks amazing...
Old 11/15/12, 05:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've commented on your car time and time again. I have quite a few of your pictures as background pics on my home and work computers. I love looking at this car. The paint is perfect...the spoiler and drop is perfect. Well done.
Old 11/15/12, 09:44 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JCStang
You got yours right after mine came in...I just put mine away as well....though looking at this weekends weather report ( sunny and 50's) maybe I jumped the gun!! We have about the same miles on our cars. As usual, your car looks awesome, that paint looks amazing...
Thanks JC... I remember when you got yours too. It's been a great year hasn't it? Continue to keep that ride prime!

Originally Posted by ManInABox
I've commented on your car time and time again. I have quite a few of your pictures as background pics on my home and work computers. I love looking at this car. The paint is perfect...the spoiler and drop is perfect. Well done.
Thanks man... I appreciate it. Yeah I love Marilyn... I think I would like to describe my mods as "tasteful", and not "overdone". At least that's what my hope is

thank you sir.
Old 11/15/12, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautiful Mustang man! I love what how tasteful you've modded her so far. Keep up the great work with your build and let me know if you ever have any questions!

-Dan
Old 11/15/12, 01:51 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Beautiful Mustang man! I love what how tasteful you've modded her so far. Keep up the great work with your build and let me know if you ever have any questions!

-Dan
thanks Dan... I have bought a few things from you guys in the past. Thanks for your great products and services.