'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Shelby to stick around

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/12, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Not the same motor
I'm sorry let me be more technical, the same block. None of these parts used were invented for this car. They were already produced, maybe not in mass quantities but none of it was new stuff
Old 4/12/12, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

...and if you think the vehicle MSRP will drop $1.00 you're crazy.
And you've got to be crazy to think that ford doesn't pay him for his copyrighted name
Old 4/12/12, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by grabberblue 5.0

I'm sorry let me be more technical, the same block. None of these parts used were invented for this car. They were already produced, maybe not in mass quantities but none of it was new stuff
I don't think the f150 was running an aluminum block
Old 4/12/12, 08:12 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by grabberblue 5.0

And you've got to be crazy to think that ford doesn't pay him for his copyrighted name
Oh I know he gets money, but ford would just pocket that money they weren't paying him. They won't pass the savings on to the consumer.
Old 4/12/12, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh I know he gets money, but ford would just pocket that money they weren't paying him. They won't pass the savings on to the consumer.
Can't argue that... And I was referring to the 07-10 gt500's. Like I said I understand the increases from model to model in the gt500. Significant changes from 10 to 11
Old 4/12/12, 08:59 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 05mustangman
Yea he is an old man but he has been involved with the development of the cars. And yea it is sad that some parts on the GT500 can be found on the V6's. And that's what I mean is by replacing your stock parts with the quality ones that Shelby sells from the Shelby Store. Some of those parts are Extremely nice.

And that's funny I never said he was God and had a hand in every aspect of the car. He definitely helped with the suspension and power aspects of the car. That's what Shelby is about, Power and good handling. And you can't say the same suspension and power can be found on other model Mustangs because it isn't. That's all I was saying is that he did have a hand in creating the car. Just giving input on what kind of power to put out or what suspension he wants the car to have. Ford listened and took input from what he had to say.
He did nothing for the power or suspension. Did he help with the Terminators too? They had the most power and IRS, remember? It's the top of the line Mustang, so it's gonna have power/handling regardless of what Shelby is about. It's meant to be the best all around Mustang in the lineup.
They certainly aren't gonna drop the price once they get rid of his name, but it gave them a reason for the price bump to begin with.
Old 4/12/12, 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

My display is now all yellowed because of the silly contest being waged in this thread! Hope you are all proud of yourselves!
Old 4/12/12, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
He did nothing for the power or suspension. Did he help with the Terminators too? They had the most power and IRS, remember? It's the top of the line Mustang, so it's gonna have power/handling regardless of what Shelby is about. It's meant to be the best all around Mustang in the lineup.

They certainly aren't gonna drop the price once they get rid of his name, but it gave them a reason for the price bump to begin with.
Oh well when you put it that way it's obvious now that Ford and Shelby execs. have been lying this whole time that Shelby was involved in the GT500 program.

I don't know why you would even ask about the terminators. That's wasn't Shelby's program was it? No, that was SVT. And terminators had the most power at that time. Almost every year new GT500's have been coming out they have been the most powerful production mustangs to date. So I guess what we could take away from this is that you were at the Ford and Shelby meetings and dind't see Shelby there once. Cause it sounds like you were definitely at the meetings.

Last edited by 05mustangman; 4/12/12 at 10:05 PM.
Old 4/12/12, 10:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SVT and Shelby badges on a Mustang were/are both marketing ploys labeling a high performance product sold by Ford, nothing more and nothing less. If Ford started marketing them as the Powder Puff Pony Special tomorrow, that is what they'd be. In the end, Ford chose the marketing scheme they believe works better.

As for Shelby not having any input. I assure you that neither Louis Chevrolet nor any of his lineage has run the Chevrolet engineering department in roughly a hundred year or so, and owners of the new 458 will of course be shocked to learn that Enzo couldn't put any work in on their latest stallion because he is out of the office....eternally.

It's a name guys, and even for the SVT die-hards I assure you that worse things have happened in the history of Ford high performance (the 1970's for example)

Last edited by jsaylor; 4/12/12 at 10:23 PM.
Old 4/13/12, 09:22 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jsaylor
SVT and Shelby badges on a Mustang were/are both marketing ploys labeling a high performance product sold by Ford, nothing more and nothing less. If Ford started marketing them as the Powder Puff Pony Special tomorrow, that is what they'd be. In the end, Ford chose the marketing scheme they believe works better.

As for Shelby not having any input. I assure you that neither Louis Chevrolet nor any of his lineage has run the Chevrolet engineering department in roughly a hundred year or so, and owners of the new 458 will of course be shocked to learn that Enzo couldn't put any work in on their latest stallion because he is out of the office....eternally.

It's a name guys, and even for the SVT die-hards I assure you that worse things have happened in the history of Ford high performance (the 1970's for example)
This.
Originally Posted by 05mustangman
Oh well when you put it that way it's obvious now that Ford and Shelby execs. have been lying this whole time that Shelby was involved in the GT500 program.

I don't know why you would even ask about the terminators. That's wasn't Shelby's program was it? No, that was SVT. And terminators had the most power at that time. Almost every year new GT500's have been coming out they have been the most powerful production mustangs to date. So I guess what we could take away from this is that you were at the Ford and Shelby meetings and dind't see Shelby there once. Cause it sounds like you were definitely at the meetings.
I gave the Terminators as an example, because you're ignoring all logic, reason, and even FACTS. The Terminators were the top model...best power and performance just like it is now, but it was done WITHOUT Shelby. Crazy how the top model remained the top model regardless of badging. New model gets more power...new platform gets more power...more weight gets more power. They can only add so much more power before it's the most powerful V8 they've ever produced...It was bound to happen with or without Shelby's name on the side. Shelby didn't walk in and say "Ok guys, I want a big V8 in there with 650hp!" And Ford didn't respond with "Well we were just gonna put a 4-cylinder in there, but **** it! Let's just go with the V8! That's genius!"

It's just a badge...accept it.
Old 4/13/12, 11:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Apparently some people have reason to stick burrs up their own asses about a guy who may or may not have had something to do with the development of the past/present/future GT500. Unbelievable. There are far more important things in the world to get your dander up about than whether an old man drew up the design plans for a new car or simply signed a piece of paper allowing Ford to use his name. Get a life.
Old 4/13/12, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Apparently some people have reason to stick burrs up their own asses about a guy who may or may not have had something to do with the development of the past/present/future GT500. Unbelievable. There are far more important things in the world to get your dander up about than whether an old man drew up the design plans for a new car or simply signed a piece of paper allowing Ford to use his name. Get a life.
^this, conversation over.
Old 4/13/12, 03:13 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
^this, conversation over.
so why do we have forums if we are not going to talk about things? Feeding children and ending war are much more important issues so I guess a mustang forum isnt important so why are you here?
Old 4/13/12, 03:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
so why do we have forums if we are not going to talk about things? Feeding children and ending war are much more important issues so I guess a mustang forum isnt important so why are you here?
I'm guessing being obtuse is your forte. Then again, maybe it's reading things into a post that aren't there. Either way, you've excelled at both in a single attempt.
Old 4/13/12, 03:20 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

by design
Old 4/13/12, 03:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

by design

I'm devastated by the lack of surprise.
Old 4/13/12, 03:43 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

shocking
Old 4/13/12, 05:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mustang-report

Shelby American president John Luft told Mustangs Daily that the company's relationship with Ford would continue through 2015 and beyond thanks to a recent contract extension.
Sounds good to me...
Old 4/13/12, 05:36 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
shocking
It really is. Try as one might, reality does not change in someone's life with a decal and royalty fees no matter the amount. Those who give credence and meaning to their existance by riding a stanger's coat tail are the ones who need to get a life.
Old 4/13/12, 05:40 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 1 COBRA
It really is. Try as one might, reality does not change in someone's life with a decal and royalty fees no matter the amount. Those who give credence and meaning to their existance by riding a stanger's coat tail are the ones who need to get a life.
thats why I wouldnt want such things on my mustang.

Quick Reply: Shelby to stick around