Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Ordered 2013 GT500: Our Wonderful & Frustrating Journey

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/12, 10:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Expecting better isn't ridiculous; the inconsistency of the quality is ridiculous! Why should the consumer who pays $70K for a car expect crappy quality?

Because people think the way you do is the reason we get the kind of crap we get. If more people complained about poor quality, things would change.

Again, some of the stripes are wrapped around edges and some are not. Some of the stripes are not even long enough to cover the entire surface. Quit making excuses for poor design & quality. It's just a crappy stripe job on these cars! Why should we just accept that?
Old 10/25/12, 12:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talk it over with your dealer and see if he will fix the problem.
Remind him that "Quality is Job One".
Old 10/25/12, 12:00 PM
Cobra Member

Ha... !

I wanted to get as much documentation as I could about our car's build. Information like: build sheets, striping cert, engine build cert and the like. I was told by 3 different people at the dealership that a lot of people ask for that type of stuff when they order a BOSS or a Shelby, it should be no problem to get it. I also wanted to know how many cars were built with our specification so I would know if ours was 1 of 100 or 1 of 1.

I emailed the dealer asking him to please help with these requests. After a week and 2 emails, he finally responded that he will mail me a printed copy of the DORA. REALLY? THAT'S IT?

He still won't take my phone calls & when I went to pick up the car cover that arrived a week AFTER the car was delivered, he wouldn't talk with me. THAT's the kind of service this dealership provides. This is just another example of why I will never spend a penny at this guy's dealership.

I am so happy that the dealership sent me a customer satisfaction survey to complete. I'm hoping that this, accompanied by the string of emails he and his cronies forwarded around bad-mouthing me as a customer will have an impact on his dealership in a positive manner. Clean up his act and treat customers with respect. Not ignore them and do as little as possible once the sale is done.
Old 10/26/12, 02:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Shadow,
Ask your dealer for a complete Vehicle Visibility Report, from order to delivery. Do it today if you haven't already done it. The report is only available for a very short time after the car is delivered and then it's gone forever.
Old 10/26/12, 11:45 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks Snoopy49. Sent the email this morning and will call in an hour to make sure they as for this.
Old 10/26/12, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

Got a report from the dealer today. It is just a printed list of dates & order status. Is this the report you were talking about Snoopy?
Old 10/26/12, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Got a report from the dealer today. It is just a printed list of dates & order status. Is this the report you were talking about Snoopy?
It will probably be more than one page to the report. It should show the complete history of your car from the date you ordered it to the date your dealer received it and everything in between.

Here is a sample, it is not a complete report, but it gives you an idea of what to expect.

Ordered 2013 GT500: Our Wonderful & Frustrating Journey-vehicle-visibility-report_page_1.jpg
Old 10/26/12, 10:05 PM
Cobra Member

Yea Snoopy, that's basically what I got. Since mine only spent 1 day on a truck, it is considerably shorter. Thanks for telling me what report to ask for.
Old 10/27/12, 08:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha... !

I wanted to get as much documentation as I could about our car's build. Information like: build sheets, striping cert, engine build cert and the like. I was told by 3 different people at the dealership that a lot of people ask for that type of stuff when they order a BOSS or a Shelby, it should be no problem to get it. I also wanted to know how many cars were built with our specification so I would know if ours was 1 of 100 or 1 of 1.

I emailed the dealer asking him to please help with these requests. After a week and 2 emails, he finally responded that he will mail me a printed copy of the DORA. REALLY? THAT'S IT?

He still won't take my phone calls & when I went to pick up the car cover that arrived a week AFTER the car was delivered, he wouldn't talk with me. THAT's the kind of service this dealership provides. This is just another example of why I will never spend a penny at this guy's dealership.

I am so happy that the dealership sent me a customer satisfaction survey to complete. I'm hoping that this, accompanied by the string of emails he and his cronies forwarded around bad-mouthing me as a customer will have an impact on his dealership in a positive manner. Clean up his act and treat customers with respect. Not ignore them and do as little as possible once the sale is done.
Hey bud, sadly, we as dealers don't have access to the info you want. Build sheets don't come with the cars anymore. There was a rumor that some Shelbys had them under their rear bumper, but I haven't confirmed that. We only have the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation), DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) and the Vehicle Visibility printout once it arrives. That's it.

To get a copy of what number your car was built out of how many, that is what Ford Performance Group is for. Car owners call the phone number and order that information themselves. Give them a call. You can get your Shelby GT500 build total, once its finished this year.
Old 10/27/12, 09:21 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
We had a little rain overnight and the streets were wet but not puddled. I went to get bagels for the Ford guys for staying late to take care of us last night. The Goodyear tires, although very sticky on the dry pavement, were just awful on the 45 degree, wet roads this morning. They broke loose a couple times under very light acceleration.

The Continental DWS tires are SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER!!! On the way home in a light rain, the tires did not even try to break loose. This afternoon, I got caught in a downpour and the DWSs were outstanding. It took a pretty heavy foot to break them loose. And it was very predictable. I can not say enough about how much better these tires are.

We ordere 275 40 19 for the front and 275 30 20 for the rear. The overall diameters of the tires are almost identical but the sidewall on the front tires is a little taller. I thought that this would bother me but I I don't really care. When I step up to 20s front & rear, I'll try to get them to look more even.
That's good to hear about the continentals. I'm going to buy a set of those for my GT when it arrives. Congrats on that BEAUTIFUL SHELBY, a classic looking beast.
Old 10/27/12, 09:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Hey bud, sadly, we as dealers don't have access to the info you want. Build sheets don't come with the cars anymore. There was a rumor that some Shelbys had them under their rear bumper, but I haven't confirmed that. We only have the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation), DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) and the Vehicle Visibility printout once it arrives. That's it.

To get a copy of what number your car was built out of how many, that is what Ford Performance Group is for. Car owners call the phone number and order that information themselves. Give them a call. You can get your Shelby GT500 build total, once its finished this year.
The dealership that found it under the rear bumper has checked other cars since that one and it has been in random places or missing.
Old 10/27/12, 10:50 PM
Cobra Member

Thank you for all the info and thank you for the compliments. The color choice was REALLY TOUGH but i haven't seen too many white w/ blue. And I haven't seen any other verts in this combo. Truly a classic color combo.