Candy Apple Red Candy Apple Red 2008 Mustangs

Pics as promised: '08 Candy Apple vs. '07 Redfire

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/07, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I am currently at a Ford dealership doing work... and waiting for something else to get done on this computer... it's all I have to do now... :P

Anyway, I decided to check in here... it's Ford related, after all ^.^

Currently, they have a 2007 Redfire GT, and parked next to it the 2008 DCARCM GT.

The pictures just do not do the car justice...

Firstly, now that I can see them side by side, directly... the Candy is lighter by a few shades. Ok, a lot of them.

Secondly, they are both metallic, but the "flake", if you will, seems to be MUCH finer overall... I'll double check when I leave and report back later. But the finer seeming metallic is much more subtle... and therefore doesn't show up in pictures as well. It is definitely there... almost like a pearl, but not. It's really pretty in the sun!

But finally... yep, that Redfire blue tint is definitely in force on this '07.

Even the four pics earlier in this thread... I see it.

And what it is is that the tint is enabling the SKY to be reflected... and that's what is seen. The Candy doesn't reflect the blue as much, so it is just red... and beautiful.

I soooo want to drive this GT off the lot... but it's an auto, black interior, and doesn't have any goodies like IUP, or Shaker. So it's a no go... for now...

Anyway, I just wanted to report... I don't have any way to get pics. I'm truly sorry about that. I'm not a camera dude... unless it's film.. and it's at home. Drat.
Old 8/8/07, 08:34 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, that's good news! It doesn't look like the pic that Kevin posted over in the main forum does it? That pic made it look really bad!

Are you going to get a parchment interior Houtex? That would be cool too with Candy Apple!

Thanks for the report!

Originally Posted by houtex
I am currently at a Ford dealership doing work... and waiting for something else to get done on this computer... it's all I have to do now... :P

Anyway, I decided to check in here... it's Ford related, after all ^.^

Currently, they have a 2007 Redfire GT, and parked next to it the 2008 DCARCM GT.

The pictures just do not do the car justice...

Firstly, now that I can see them side by side, directly... the Candy is lighter by a few shades. Ok, a lot of them.

Secondly, they are both metallic, but the "flake", if you will, seems to be MUCH finer overall... I'll double check when I leave and report back later. But the finer seeming metallic is much more subtle... and therefore doesn't show up in pictures as well. It is definitely there... almost like a pearl, but not. It's really pretty in the sun!

But finally... yep, that Redfire blue tint is definitely in force on this '07.

Even the four pics earlier in this thread... I see it.

And what it is is that the tint is enabling the SKY to be reflected... and that's what is seen. The Candy doesn't reflect the blue as much, so it is just red... and beautiful.

I soooo want to drive this GT off the lot... but it's an auto, black interior, and doesn't have any goodies like IUP, or Shaker. So it's a no go... for now...

Anyway, I just wanted to report... I don't have any way to get pics. I'm truly sorry about that. I'm not a camera dude... unless it's film.. and it's at home. Drat.
Old 8/9/07, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

But of course. Parchment and DCARCM are made for each other! Matter of fact, I'm gonna change my sig now...
Old 8/10/07, 08:10 AM

Sounds good. I was going to get a parchment interior as well, but I had one already on my V6 and wanted something different.

When are you going to order one? Or are you going to just buy off the lot when some more 08's come in?

But of course. Parchment and DCARCM are made for each other! Matter of fact, I'm gonna change my sig now...
Old 8/10/07, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats what I went with. Sticker says "Desc unkown" but confirmed with Dealer that it is in as Black/Parchment. Exactly as ordered

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...e=post&id=4637
Old 8/11/07, 11:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
Sounds good. I was going to get a parchment interior as well, but I had one already on my V6 and wanted something different.

When are you going to order one? Or are you going to just buy off the lot when some more 08's come in?
Well, truth be told... at this rate, never. :P But it doesn't stop me from dreaming...

Truly, though, one day... just may be a little longer is all. Tryin' to be semi responsible and such... And I want what I want when I get it, no compromises... so I'm patient. I've waited 3 years so far, I can wait a little longer. ^.^
Old 8/12/07, 08:12 AM

3 years! Wow!

How do you wait that long?

Although waiting is half the fun. At least to me!

Well, truth be told... at this rate, never. :P But it doesn't stop me from dreaming...

Truly, though, one day... just may be a little longer is all. Tryin' to be semi responsible and such... And I want what I want when I get it, no compromises... so I'm patient. I've waited 3 years so far, I can wait a little longer. ^.^
Old 8/12/07, 01:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not by choice... priorities suck like that.

But really, they never had a color I would have been happy to have, firstly... And secondly... well, other stuff. 'nuff said.

As I said... I'm patient, so it's ok. Good things and all that.
Old 8/12/07, 02:42 PM

Well good for you. You'll get one sooner or later!

Not by choice... priorities suck like that.

But really, they never had a color I would have been happy to have, firstly... And secondly... well, other stuff. 'nuff said.

As I said... I'm patient, so it's ok. Good things and all that.
Old 10/23/07, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm having a hard time telling the difference

I'm more than happy with Grabber Orange
Old 10/29/07, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Den
Here is my 08 candy apple in front of a 07 redfire Roush 427R. Very overcast day. . . I'll get more this weekend in the direct sun.
We have the same car love my 08 CAPR GT/CS my friend has a 05 RFM Roush Stage 1. We think hers is a little darker with more blue tones.
Just two Blond's opinons
Old 12/19/07, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would like to see a Vert in Candy Apple Red. Anybody got one?
Old 3/8/08, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

They are kinda close... The DCARCM looks to be a tad darker overall, and maybe a little deeper? Hard to say with the pics.

But most of all, and *THE* reason I never liked Redfire, is that blue tint. Look at the front fenders just over the wheels... see it? Don't see it on the DCARCM. It just gets darker red as you go towards the back. Totally awesome.

And in the right light... Redfire turns purply hued. DCARCM will never do that.

*My* jury is in. Dark Candy Apple Red Clearcoat Metallic for the win!
Before I welded for a living, I did body/paint at a dealership nearby. We had to mix our own paint.The actual difference between Redfire and Dark Candy Apple Red is not a 'blue' but a 'magenta' tint. I love DCAR and just recently went in and looked up the formula. If you want it official, there is metallic in the formula.
Old 8/26/13, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
They are kinda close... The DCARCM looks to be a tad darker overall, and maybe a little deeper? Hard to say with the pics.

But most of all, and *THE* reason I never liked Redfire, is that blue tint. Look at the front fenders just over the wheels... see it? Don't see it on the DCARCM. It just gets darker red as you go towards the back. Totally awesome.

And in the right light... Redfire turns purply hued. DCARCM will never do that.

*My* jury is in. Dark Candy Apple Red Clearcoat Metallic for the win!
I must say .... I like both .... but yes ..... I see what you are talking about.

(I just noticed after posting .... it was an old thread wasn't it! )

Last edited by tbear853; 8/26/13 at 07:50 AM.