Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Serious Problem after TSB 06-9-9 Repair

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/06, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AFChief
I'm unfamiliar with this TSB and we don't have it listed in the TSB Sticky. Any more info?

I had a code for my fuel sensing unit about 1000 miles ago. To change it they removed my back seat. They rolled the seal on it (that I discovered when I filled up ---- Splash ,splash) so they had to take a mulligan....
Here is the TSB I lifted it from another site. I know I read somethere that this can be done from inside the car. I think I saw a picture of the Access Panel that should be under the rear seat. I need this done but I will be asking a buch of questions of the service deptartment beforehand.

And as far as the driveshaft being out of phase 180 deg. Don't cut the dealer service techs any slack for that. That is the first thing any repair manula cautions you on when doing drive shaft work. They should have marked it with chaulk if it was not obvious.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tsb06-9-9hesonaccel.pdf (46.7 KB, 327 views)
Old 8/25/06, 04:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mot250
Here is the TSB I lifted it from another site. I know I read somethere that this can be done from inside the car. I think I saw a picture of the Access Panel that should be under the rear seat. I need this done but I will be asking a buch of questions of the service deptartment beforehand.

And as far as the driveshaft being out of phase 180 deg. Don't cut the dealer service techs any slack for that. That is the first thing any repair manula cautions you on when doing drive shaft work. They should have marked it with chaulk if it was not obvious.
Thanks! Haven't experienced this, but I've only taken the 'stang out on a "long" cruise once. I have archived this TSB for the future though....
Old 8/29/06, 02:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AFChief
Thanks! Haven't experienced this, but I've only taken the 'stang out on a "long" cruise once. I have archived this TSB for the future though....
I can vouch for the "in through the back seat" deal. I had the 06-9-9 done and they went in through the seat and had the parts in very quickly. Spent more time diagnosing it than actually doing the work.
Old 9/18/06, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I took the TSB in to my dealer this past Friday. They know me and know I do not make frivolous complaints, so they ordered me a new fuel pump and I will be taking my baby in Wednesday morning to have it replaced. Guess I better ask them HOW they plan to replace it. I will report the results when it is done.
Old 9/18/06, 11:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car is in the shop right now, been in there all last week. They replaced the gas tank and fuel sender unit. I just hope they put the driveshaft back in properly.
Old 9/18/06, 02:02 PM
mhk
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
I took the TSB in to my dealer this past Friday. They know me and know I do not make frivolous complaints, so they ordered me a new fuel pump and I will be taking my baby in Wednesday morning to have it replaced. Guess I better ask them HOW they plan to replace it. I will report the results when it is done.

Please do! I'm interested because I also have the fuel pump problem and no official mustang dealers over here.