Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Rattles fix with felt/weather stripping

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/07, 07:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles fix with felt/weather stripping

OK, so i have a few annoying rattles that i want to get rid of...been to the dealership a few times and after a few days they all seem to come back so i want to fix it myself...

I have...

- dash squeek in corners (seems like a common one)
- shift boot rubbing/sqeek (also seems somewhat common)
- panel behind the door close hand grab area rattles (again, seems common)
- some sort of rattle from B pillar or seat belt area on drivers side (not as common from what i've read but i have seen some other folks with the issue)
- trunk rattle; my plastic cover around the trunk lid lock is definitely loose and rattles but i need to check my spare to make sure it isn't loose also (not sure how common this is)

I have seen detailed (w/ pics) instruction for the dash rattle/squeek, but not the rest of them. Can someone point me to some posts, on this forum or another, that have pics of how to fix the other rattles?

I have read people talk about using insulation/weather stripping/felt/etc... and i'm sure they're relatively easy fixes but i would love to see some pics of how it was done. I am definitely a novice at this sort of repair on the car and would appreciate guidance from anyone with advice about how TO APPLY the weather stipping/insulation/felt/etc... to the affected areas.

Thank you in advance...