Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Possible Electrical Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/07, 12:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Question Possible Electrical Issues? RESOLVED

My '06 GT convertible is due for a maintenance visit anyway. But in just the last few days, something has started happening. I wanted to put it before the many smart minds here.

She runs fine - business as usual. But the last few days she sounds like she is working just a little bit harder to start. She starts right up, but it seems to be slightly more effort.

However. . .

If she's been sitting at work, or overnight (3-8 hours) after startup, the dash seems to be delayed in waking up by a few seconds, and she doesn't remember how she was left when I parked her. I always have the message center off, but she comes up with it on. The Shaker comes up on radio (I always turn it off when I shut her down.) The Shaker also "initializes" (according to the display) and loads every single CD into the play tray one at a time; at least that is what it appears to be doing. Finally, the clock loses the time setting and must be reset.

If she has been sitting, say, 15 minutes, the startup sound is the same, but these other symptoms do not appear.

Like I said, she will be in the shop soon anyway, but I want to avail myself to the bucketfuls of smarts here. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 9/5/07, 12:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Might be one of those bad batteries.
Tell them about it and tell them you've heard about a lot of bad batteries in these cars.
Old 9/8/07, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
And sure enough, it was the battery. Dealer replaced it without charge and she's running like a champ again.