Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I won Ford lost

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/08, 10:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangLynda
ok, you guys are killing me. I love my mustang and I've loved every mustang I've ever owned. But for real there is NO WAY IN H*LL I would put up with a car that I couldn't put gas in. If I had that problem and the dealer or Ford couldn't or wouldn't fix it, I would have ditched it too, and I dang well am not getting under a brand new car to fix anything myself. I ditched my '06 GT after only 4 months of ownership because it leaked like a sieve. Does that mean I am not mustang "loyal" or I don't love mustangs or I am just being a whiner? No, it means I am not going to let Ford screw me. Mustang or not, this kind of stuff is NOT ACCEPTABLE with a brand new car. Ford should take the blame here, not that buyer, so spit in Ford's face, not his.

Did he "win"? Depends. His only recourse was to get rid of the car - trade it in, sell it himself, or pressure Ford to take it back. If he was upside down on his loan, then yes he won because Ford took that loss, not him. Aside from that, to some people just getting a perpetual pain in the butt out of their lives is "winning".

Now here we are. From what I gather this was his first mustang and if the problem would have been fixed he would have been happy as a clam. But thanks to Ford's poor design and inability to fix the problem he will probably never own another one again, and I doubt he will ever have anything good to say about them or mustangs (or us either at this point). Thank you Ford for splaying egg all over ALL of our faces.
I commend you for doing what you did when your car leaked. You did it because you had water problems. I went through a real rough time with my vert collecting water in the rear quarter panels. It took me months going back and forth with Ford before it was finally fixed. 8 months I think it was. I was on the edge of returning it. I didn't want to get rid of it, If any thing I wanted them to give me another one. All was taken care of in the end because I was persistent.
As I stated in the thread earlier.
I drove mine across country and there were many gas stops the pump would not fill for ****. (Took a long time filling)
But there were many that did fill well.
Even around my area I see the same thing.
I would just go to a station that I know worked well with the mustang.
I think your situation was a little different with the water leak.
And you went back to get another Mustang.
GrnT~
Old 11/8/08, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
I commend you for doing what you did when your car leaked. You did it because you had water problems. I went through a real rough time with my vert collecting water in the rear quarter panels. It took me months going back and forth with Ford before it was finally fixed. 8 months I think it was. I was on the edge of returning it. I didn't want to get rid of it, If any thing I wanted them to give me another one. All was taken care of in the end because I was persistent.
As I stated in the thread earlier.
I drove mine across country and there were many gas stops the pump would not fill for ****. (Took a long time filling)
But there were many that did fill well.
Even around my area I see the same thing.
I would just go to a station that I know worked well with the mustang.
I think your situation was a little different with the water leak.
And you went back to get another Mustang.
GrnT~
oh heck yes!!!
Old 11/8/08, 04:04 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
If the gas fill was enough to make you not want the car, the Mustang was never for you anyway.
what he said
Old 11/11/08, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uhm, why are people STILL posting in this thread????

Crap....
Old 11/12/08, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i won ford lost

Just to get it clear. I as in (she) Loved my mustang it was sweeeeeeeeeeeet and it was the first new car I had ever had at the age of 40. I love fast cars. So for all you who think I should have keep a car that at times I could not even get 1 gallon of gas in and I drove 50 miles a day for work. If Ford would have at least done something to fix instead of saying to bad live with is. I probly would have keep it. The only thing bad about it was the gas problem and it was a pretty green. So now I am looking for a nove 70 or older. have a great day
Old 11/12/08, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome back!!!!!
Old 11/25/09, 05:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've had the same problem filling mine, but he rotating thing works. I think it has to do with how much flow the pump has...it appears as if too much flow will cause the fuel to back up and shut the flow acting as if it's full. It is something that needs to be corrected, but I've had other more important issues with my car. I had to learn to pick my battles with the dealer...and yes, somewhat disgruntled, but I do love my Mustang.
Old 11/25/09, 07:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's pretty dumb considering it's a documented problem with a documented fix.
Old 11/25/09, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
To be fair, it's not a documented fix, it's a documented possible fix. Even some that have done the fix still have issues... the filler is messed up. I get it now too. All I have to do is slow down the flow (**** these 'in a hurry' pumps...), and *every so often* tilt the handle 90 degreed to the rear of the car. That's it. Way not enough for me to get rid of the car.

But if it happened *every time* and they refused to fix it, or tried and it didn't ever work regardless? (Why, I dunno, but I'm thinkin' it happens.)

**** straight I'd be gettin' rid of the car. That is not acceptable, it's just screwed up.

/Still don't think 'Won' is the right term though...
Old 11/25/09, 09:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Maybe that's why a woman should never pump her own gas.

Old 11/26/09, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have this problem sometimes as well, and I did talk to the dealer about it several times a few years ago. My car was not eligible for the "fix" because it already had the updated gas tank, so they said there was nothing they could do about it. Slowing the fuel fill process helps 90% of the time, and the other 10% I have to tilt the handle either upside down or about 90 degrees one way or the other. Small inconvenience for my beloved.
Old 11/26/09, 08:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
all you had to do was turn the nozzle over. Works like a charm.