Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I won Ford lost

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/08, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I won Ford lost

I have an 06 gt green mustang. It was the first new car ever. I love this car except there were times when putting gas in it was impossible or it would take up to 30 min just to get half a tank of gas. It went to the dealer so many times and no fix I was told to learn to live with it. Well I said no and as of Oct. 31 08 Ford paid off my loan and I am giving back the car. I had to take them to court and sent them 200 pages of proof before they would take this car back as a lemon. So the big guy did not win and never again will I buy a ford. This is for all the people that responded to my original post about the problem.
Old 11/3/08, 06:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I REPEAT:
I'm so sorry for your loss. (yes, I believe you lost)
I have never even had a hint of that problem. (Or any problems at all)
If I had had your problem, I would have fixed it myself then sued them for my time. (after they gave up)
Where ever you took it must have had some pretty lame mechanics. (I at least would have found another dealer or two.)
The problem had to be in either the tank, the line (including the venting) or the emissions assembly in the back under the trunk.
I know a lot of people have this problem, but if mine works perfectly there has to be a proper fix.

Last edited by karman; 11/3/08 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11/3/08, 10:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Um. Ok then?

<--Wonders how you 'won' when you didn't get anything extra, just became Mustangless for... well, now, you didn't exactly not pay other costs to deal with this... did you? Legal fees, paperwork, copies, mail, time off from work, etc, etc... But you won. Good on ya.

/also has no problems filling from empty. Well, ok, once, but that was the fault of the pump or handle, it was screwy.

Last edited by houtex; 11/3/08 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11/4/08, 05:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
they paid off your car and what else did you get? How many payments did you make on the car? Did you get any of that money back?
Old 11/4/08, 05:27 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If the gas fill was enough to make you not want the car, the Mustang was never for you anyway.
Old 11/4/08, 05:30 AM
V6 Member

Ford has a service bulletin on this and a fix ... wonder why they couldn't fix yours????
Old 11/4/08, 06:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
If the gas fill was enough to make you not want the car, the Mustang was never for you anyway.
+1 on that post. It sounds like you are enjoying your gloating. May I ask, what car will replace the Mustang?
Old 11/4/08, 06:52 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A kia probably
Old 11/4/08, 06:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sure, Ford paid off his loan and took the car back. He feels like he won, in his mind he did, but Ford will just fix the problem and sell the car to someone else stating the repair has been done.
I had to go through it with Ford a few years back when after buying a NEW '03 Mach 1 I found out a few months later the car's back rear quarter panel had been repaired and repainted. Sure, I finally got them to do a buy back but it cost Deb & I $1200 to get into an '04 Mach 1 even though I got to keep my same loan amount and 0% financing. Do I feel like I won, no.
Old 11/4/08, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, occasionally, I have had a problem filling the tank. When the problem occurs, I just rotate the gas fill handle about 45 degrees, let it start filling the tank, then rotate the handle back to the normal position for the rest of the fill. Not a big deal. A nuisance - yeah, a little, but not enough of a nuisance to want me to give up my GT. I love this car. i know it has quirks, but when has any Mustang ever NOT have quirks. The gas tank problem is not enough of one to make me want to give up my Tungsten Grey beauty.
Old 11/4/08, 11:25 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My 65 mustang if i let the pump auto shut off the gas would go up the tube and shoot out the back and get gas all over the back of the car. had to just guess how much to put in so it didn't get all over.
Old 11/4/08, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

that had to have been one heck of a frivolous suit.....

all that drama over filling a tank.
Old 11/4/08, 02:05 PM
Cobra Member

I won't say if he won or didn't win. Not my fight.

But I do have to say this was NOT a frivolous suit. And coming from me, that is saying something! I originally had the filling problem, but the tank replacement under the TSB fixed the problem and it has not come back at all. I don't know why they couldn't fix his car, but that doesn't matter. Neither the dealer nor Ford could/would fix it. Playing games trying to get your gas tank full just isn't part of the vehicle "experience". Nor should it be.
Old 11/4/08, 02:36 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,748 Likes on 2,035 Posts
My 500 Does it Once in awhile. Some Stations worse than others. I do the Flip and she Takes the Gas. It is a bit of a Pain but I have Come to Accept it as a Personality Quirk and Live with it. I will Assume the 10's with the New Capless System will not Have this Quirk. May want to Consider giving one of those a Shot. FUEL FOR THOUGHT. On a side note the Guy is Frustrated and Venting. I say cut him some slack. He is still a bit raw from the Process.

BTMO,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 11/4/08 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11/4/08, 02:54 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Well whatever makes you happy. I think if you went to a different dealer and had the issue fixed then that would have saved a lot of time and money. Not too mention I am sure the court had better things they could have spent that time on.
Old 11/4/08, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wait! Why should he buy another Ford if the local Ford guy won't - or can't - fix it? Not everone lives in a place with 5 or 6 Ford dealers. Cars are machines - and some machines are really lemons - not too often but it happens and this is the second Mustang that has had to be bought back (learned that from this website). In today's age of speed - even at the pump - why would anyone reasonablly expect anyone else to live thought this nightmare of pumpinmg gas like that. The advice from the Ford dealer was terrible - and Ford, the company, probably doesn't want to deal with it for a variety of reasons. Even been married two or more times? Sometimes two great people can't adapt to each other - and this sounds like a story like that. Now are we have a guy telling people what trash Ford makes - and he has first hand experience. Who would you believer if you heard a similar story and has no personal experience with the product? Ford really does lose here. I'll still buy another Ford - but it is, just a machine. Never let your car get the best of you.

I don't deal with Ford guys - just the local guys. Hopefully, there will continue to be good - but the minute the service giys go down, I'll take my business elsewhere (for repairs).

Give the guy a break.
Old 11/4/08, 09:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Hey, whatever makes him happy. I just thought "won" is a bit of an odd choice of word here.
Old 11/4/08, 09:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
It's your loss.
I drove mine across country and there were many gas stops the pump would not fill for ****. (Took a long time filling)
But there were many that did fill well.
Even around my area I see the same thing.
I would just go to a station that I know worked well with the mustang.
Maybe you were limited to stations you could use.
Sorry for your misfortune but I think it was your loss.

Last edited by GrnT; 11/4/08 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11/4/08, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/4/08, 11:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have experienced the same problem a few times. Works great at one station and across the city at the same branded station it doesn't fill easy at all. I also had the same problem with my '67 fastback. I'm not trading mine in though.

Quick Reply: I won Ford lost