Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Fog lamp help please.

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/12, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog lamp help please.

Hey guys I have an 06gt. I am having a problem with my fog lamps, it's not the lamp it's self it's the black circular things inside the lamps that surrounds the bulbs. They recently came off from the lamps and they are just moving around the lamps. I removed the lamps from the car and put the things back in their place but when I drove the car again they came off. I tried super glue also and even that did not work. My question is should I just get new fog lamps or can I remove those black things from the lamp? The problem is I can't remove the plastic covering from the lamp so I have had to maneuver through the hole that the bulb goes in. I recently put HIDS maybe the heat melted the black things? What do you guys suggest? Help please.
Old 5/29/12, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You might try a search. Someone had a similar problem I read at least a year ago. I'm not sure if they found a solution though, I never followed up.
Old 5/29/12, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm not sure how easy it is to get at those rings but perhaps flowable silicone sealant might be better than superglue http://www.permatex.com/products/aut...***_Sealer.htm

I've used this product to seal headlight assemblies that the backing has separated from the lense with great results. It's solved alot of moisture in the lense area problems for me. You may be able to flow some into the area to hold the black ring in place. Good Luck.
Old 6/2/12, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the help guys but you can't remove the rings without braking the lamp itself. I re glued it and it worked, now the thing is that the chrome part of the lamp kind of faded//fogged up, I quess it melted some of the glue or something. I didn't put much glue that it would have dripped down though. oh well I am going to get a pair of new lamps eventually. Thanks.
Old 6/2/12, 01:01 PM

I had the same problem, replaced them with aftermarket fogs.

Rick