Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

BS from dealer???

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/06, 12:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BS from dealer???

I bought my stang in Hawaii while I was stationed there. Now I'm out of the military and have moved back to San Diego, California. So anyways I had a problem with my left front brake squeaking as well as my dash and the fuel tank tsb. So I took it to "Drew Ford" and they said they'd have to keep it for a day or two. I agreed to but said I needed a rental or loaner to get around in. The service advisor then said that they can't give me one because I didn't buy from them. Well it's impossible to take it back to my dealer since I bought it in Hawaii I told him and he just kind of gave me an I don't care not my problem type look. I don't believe it's true and it doesn't make any sense. I think they're just being cheap. So does anyone know the truth on this matter??
Old 7/13/06, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

They are just being cheap. I bought mine from another dealer and every time i take it in they offer a courtesy car.
Old 7/13/06, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

My understanding of it is that they do not have to provide a loaner since you did not buy it from there dealership.
Heck I had a hard enough time getting a loaner when I took my other car to the dealership I bought it from.
To me and I have told dealerships this: If you want me as a repeat customer you will do right and provide me with a loaner when you do warrenty work or I can easly go to another Ford dealer and let them work on my car.

I used to love the dealerships closest to me when I bought my first Mustang through them. Then they dealship changed ownership and it went down hill from there.
I WILL not take any vehicle to them to be worked on.
I bought my most resent Mustang from another dealership.

I did order my touch up paint through the bad dealership (took almost three weeks to get it). When I pulled in to there lot to pick it up, one of the salesman came out with I would assume was potential customers and he said see she got hers here and look at the smile on her face.
I was quick to correct him and speaking with a somewhat evelated voice I said:
Oh no. I did not get my car here. I got mine from New Carlisle Ford and had such a great experience there that I will never go to anywhere else.
I'm only here to pick up some paint I ordered.
The look on the salesman face was priceless

I had delt with this guy before when I had been there looking at cars and since I am female he treated me like I had no clue as to what I wanted or new anything about cars. After I gave him a few lessons on what the Mustangs did and did not have he left me alone
Old 7/14/06, 04:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey I bought my car from Military car sales also. If you got the extended warranty they have to give you a rental its part of the extended warranty. I've had mine in for warranty work twice, and both times got a rental. I was told though If I hadnt had the extended warranty they are not required to give me a rental.
Old 7/14/06, 06:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most dealership policies on loaner cars is you have had to purchase the car from them. But most stores have their own rental department, and they make you rent a car (which is really stupid if you ask me). That's how it is at all the other Ford dealers around us. For our dealership, no matter when you bought the car from us, as long as you still have it, you get a loaner car. See, the loaner cars are purchased by the dealership, its not something Ford makes you do, hence the rental departments in alot of stores. The big dealers around us I guess don't care about customers, and make them pay for a rental. Just think, you recently spend $40K on a new Explorer, and its time for the 3,000 mile oil change. When you take it in, you'll have to pay for a rental for a day. Nonsence. That's why we don't do this. Its something that we tell potential customers who come in looking for a new car, that we have free loaner cars, when you schedule the appointment with service. if you purchase from us.

We never have an issue with a customer coming into service with their car (and not having been bought here) and asking for a loaner. They understand that the cars are for our customers. The free loaner program is a perk we give when you purchase from us. Most like this over free oil changes.
Old 7/14/06, 09:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At my store, depending on the circumstances, we will provide a courtesy car or shuttle service to any customer. We do require a scheduled appointment for courtesy cars.

Regarding scheduled maintenance these are mostly done an a waiting basis-hence for 5,000 and 15,000 mile services, no car is offered, at 30,000 we will provide a car due to the larger amount of work.

In the instance of a situation like yours, Leo-we would definitely take care of a car.

BTW your service to our Country is very much appreciated!!
Old 7/14/06, 09:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the info guys. I don't expect a car for something that will be done the sameday but anything more than that especially if it's warranty work I think it's only fair.