Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2007 Mustang V6 Intermittent starting

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mustang V6 Intermittent starting

2007 Mustang V6
220,000 miles
Automatic

​​​​​​What's up guys. Hoping to get some help with an intermittent no crank. issue. The car cranks fine early in the day and then won't crank when motor is warm. I had this issue before so I put in a brand new starter from advanced auto and it's still doing it. I'm able to start it with a wire bypassing the relay at the fuze box under the hood.

I did a multi meter on every fuze box and plug in as well as the connections for the starter and all connections are good even if the car won't start at the key for that moment.

Could that fuze box be the issue? I've seen multiple threads on that and just looking for some suggestions and things I should investigate since I'm sure I'm not the only one here to have that issue. Maybe also the fuze box inside the passenger panel?

Anyways, any guidance from personal experience would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Dirp; Yesterday at 10:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Welcome,

Since You Replaced The Starter I Assume You are Having a CRANKING Problem vs a Starting Problem Which Means Engine Cranks / Turns Over But Does Not Fire. Anyhoo Just to Be Clear. Also You Did Not say if it Was a Standard or Automatic Which Can Help as Could Be Issue at Clutch Interlock Switch vs Neutral Safety Switch.

Kc
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Welcome,

Since You Replaced The Starter I Assume You are Having a CRANKING Problem vs a Starting Problem Which Means Engine Cranks / Turns Over But Does Not Fire. Anyhoo Just to Be Clear. Also You Did Not say if it Was a Standard or Automatic Which Can Help as Could Be Issue at Clutch Interlock Switch vs Neutral Safety Switch.

Kc
I'll update now. Sorry long day. I should've added those details

Engine does not crank. It will crank bypassing the relay with a wire. Automatic. Car will not start in neutral either since I know that's a symptom on neutral safeties in automatics
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Here is The Wiring Diagrams!

First Thing I Would Do is Check The SJB For Any Water Intrusion!

If You Are Not Familiar With the Issue See This Thread! If You Find Any Cruddy Connections Clean Them With Contact Cleaner & Follow Up With TSB Thread To Remedy!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...26-7-a-550617/

Pdf Shows Connector & Location!

Well It has Been a Long Day For Me as Well Hopefully This Will Give You Some Ammo To Work With!

Also Added Starting System Diag. Pdf.!

KC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
C2280h Location.pdf (254.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf
C-2280 Connector.pdf (227.8 KB, 3 views)
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Thank you. I'm going to check that out tomorrow if the storm holds off otherwise it'll be the weekend and I'll post back. I don't have wheel wells because of being lowered so that would make sense.

If you have any advice on OD off light flashing, I'm all ears. Haha. Shifts good, just replaced the solenoid pack and there are zero codes now, but OD off light flashing. It used to turn itself off, but now it's flashing all the time. I replaced the speed sensor as well that's towards the rear of transmission, so my next course of action is to try the speed sensor above the neutral safety more towards the front of transmission.
But any other advice will be heavily considered. Haha. Fresh transmission oil change and it is at the perfect level.
Sorry in advance. Haha.

​​​
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM

The O/D Light Issue Should Throw a Trouble Code! Need a Good Code Reader These Days That Pulls DTC's and Body Codes!

KC
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
The O/D Light Issue Should Throw a Trouble Code! Need a Good Code Reader These Days That Pulls DTC's and Body Codes!

KC
Good info. Thank you very much for leading me in the right direction and reassuring I'm looking in the right direction. I'll see what the local auto parts store use for code readers since mine is a cheap one. Thank you again. I'll post back here with updates.
Old Today, 12:18 AM

Your Are Welcome!

Hopefully a Solution Will Come Quickly!

KC