2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New to Forum. Having an issue.

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/18, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New to Forum. Having an issue.

Hi there:
My name is Chris. I have had a 2007 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe now for 10 years. I love my ride. In May of this year, I was having issues with my car....no crank, no start. I took it to a couple of guys I know and a couple of service stations and the one service station told me that it was my after-market starter/alarm, charged me $500 to unhook the alarm/starter, and seemed to have fixed the problem. However, I've never had an issue before, and I've had the starter/alarm since I bought the car. My family took a trip from Edmonton, Alberta to Apple Valley, Minnesota and again I was having the no crank/start issue, right after I shelled out the 5 bills to fix it. But while on vacation, here's what is really odd...my 16-year-old daughter can get it started. I've asked her what she does differently, and she said that maybe she turns the key a bit farther than I do. I tried everything with no success. Sometimes it would start, sometimes it would not. While in Apple Valley, I went to an auto parts store, O'Reilly's, and bought an ignition switch and had a friend replace it. After that, absolutely no issues. Until now. Now I have the same issue. No crank/start and the remote starter will not start the car as well. EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE AS BEFORE. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what is going on. Battery test is fine. Starter test is fine. I've used the remote to lock and unlock the doors, thinking that maybe that needed to reset. Folks, I'm at my wit's end. Could the ignition switch have worn out in 5 months? Has anybody had this issue with their Mustang before? If you have, what did you do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.