Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

07 GT warranty issue W/Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/07, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 GT warranty issue W/Supercharger

I am interested in purchasing a new Mustang GT w/ the premium package Blk on Blk ! I was interested in knowing if i could purchase a GT and have the dealed install a supercharger on the GT prior to me pickiing up the vehicle and not having any warranty issues ! I have been told that if the dealer installed the SC and it was a ford racing SC it would not effect the warranty ! Is this true or not ? If true could you please steer me to that dealership !!! I do not want to spend the $20,000.00 extra dollars and have a rousch stage 3 package ! I just want a Mustang GT W/SC and would like to know if they would still honor the ford warranty !

Thank you in advance !!
Old 4/2/07, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I am not sure about that. Although, one Supercharger states it has a warranty...I do not remember which one. I really do not think you will find Ford honoring a warranty (Engine, etc) on a Supercharger...
Old 4/2/07, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I believe only the Roushcharger is covered by a 3 year/36,000 mile drivetrain warranty, according to an ad in mmff.
Old 4/2/07, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I inquired of the warranty a while back at a Ford dealer and they told me they would have to do the install to validate the warranty.
Old 4/2/07, 10:10 PM
Cobra R Member

I believe only the whipple would continue the warranty, if installed by them. Roush and saleen might be covered by certain dealerships, that deal those brands, not sure thoguh.
Old 4/2/07, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

installing the whipple at a dealer would probably cost a pretty penny though :-\ Warranty is short on these cars, so get any TSB work done on the car before you start modifying the car alot.
Old 4/3/07, 11:43 AM
Cobra R Member

yeah I'm sure it would be, and they will probably make up every little charge they can. I wouldn't do it. I would rather do it myself
Old 4/5/07, 12:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I asked once at my dealer and was told only if it were done at the factory level woul I be totally covered , as if they put it on and a problem arose from it I'd still be ukered on it, but like KC had a Roush put on his and Roush warrent thier end and Ford thier stuff.
Old 4/6/07, 12:50 PM
Cobra R Member

unless it causes a warranty problem will they not fix it and most superchargers come with a 1 yr anyway and the roush has a 3yr warranty on it. However the boost might break a rod on these engines if you aim for too much
Old 4/14/07, 04:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
I believe only the whipple would continue the warranty, if installed by them. Roush and saleen might be covered by certain dealerships, that deal those brands, not sure thoguh.
Don't count on it, its hard enough sometimes to get them to fix the cars they actually built. I don't know why it would be insane expensive to have it installed, they will probably have set hours for it, and don't charge extra for them trying to figure it out in a driveway or having to run and buy more tools. If it includes a warranty for the FRPP whipple, I would much rather pay them then some speed shop(you should see the stuff we get come in from those guy's work). Can't hurt to simply ask. I wouln't really ask here, I would ask the dealer that would be actually working on your car.
Old 5/10/07, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

i was told that saleen provides you with their own warrenty if you put their supercharger in.
Old 5/10/07, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

OK heres the real deal. I went thru all this before I put on my Saleen
Ford does NOT warranty the driveline after you install a S/C. Roush does cover the driveline in his S/C warranty for 3 yr. 36K miles from 0 miles on odo. I believe Saleen (and maybe Roush) requires an certified mechanic SAE to do the install to honor the warranty....
Saleen and others warranty their S/C for a yr. or more but it voids your driveline warranty from Ford. I dont know about the FRRP S/C, sorry.I went with the Saleen over the Roush only because I wanted the 475 HP not 400 HPthat Roush has.. Hope I dont have any driveline issues. I gave up power shifting for one thing and big burnouts are a thing of the past.
later,
07 Hoss