Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Website unreachable again

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/11, 06:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Website unreachable again

It's time to fix this for good. I, for one, feel that letting the provider DOS us three times is unacceptable.

Please fix.
Old 8/11/11, 11:11 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its working for me
Old 8/11/11, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
and smee
Old 8/11/11, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Interesting. It was not working this morning (no DNS NS entries for routhost.com in the gtld servers), yet now it is.
They must have fixed it between 7:30 (my post) and 12:00 (Jake's and Glenn's posts).
Old 8/11/11, 02:30 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
which website do you speak of ? your mustang club site .. this site has never failed me ( TMS) ..that is
Old 8/11/11, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Workin' here, at work 1, work 1 wireless, at work 2, work 2 wireless, on my phone via my hotspot app... basically, everywhere I've been, and those account for 6 internet 'locations', in that they are completely unrelated (except maybe overall ISP, such as AT&T or Comcast or Sprint, in my case) as they are all Cable, Fiber, DSL, and Cell Phone.

As such, it is likely either your computer, any router you have, your modem, your ISP, or one of the repeating nodes in the chain between your computer and the TMS servers. Talk to your ISP, and get PingPlotter Free, plug in TMS's address and see if you have spikes between you and TMS. If there's a server in between that's lagging or dropping out, that needs to be fixed or rerouted.

This is something that is rampant with online games, and this is usually the problem. I used to haunt forums for player tech support, and every time, this was the issue, and once I, or another forumite techy posted the above, and the affected did their dilligent work, the ISP was usually the issue, and they fixed it. But you DO have to prove it, hence the Ping Plotter. You may also have to directly connect to your modem to eliminate any other traffic from the router or any other computer. And finally, you may have to do some local cleaning up with various softwares and settings, such as a DOS box and typing ipconfig /flushdns, running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (install update and full scan) and perhaps turning off your firewalls, spyware catcher, anti-virus, web-checkers, etc.

You may also have to do updates for your network card, OS, Browser. You may also need to delete anything in your temp files (and there's usually three to speak of, OS, User, and Browser, with possible Java and Flash ones too), and you might need remove software such as any link checkers, toolbars, etc.

The *clean install, no extra programs, drivers, or anything else, fully Microsoft Windows updated and latest IE or other browser (for a Windows machine)... just the basics, and test* is usually the best indicator, but that's a big huge deal to try.

So instead, run MSCONFIG, and turn off all Startup programs, and perhaps all NON MICROSOFT Services (you'll find those two tabs at the top). It's a temporary thing, you can use this program to put them back afterwards.

I dunno if it helps in the end, but seriously, and this goes for *anyone* having issues reaching TMS, these quick tips are THE best way to figure out what's going on. Clean computers, good equipment, and good providers will fix all the internet woes you got.

Good luck.

Last edited by houtex; 8/11/11 at 06:34 PM.
Old 8/11/11, 07:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
RCMC website
Old 8/11/11, 11:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

i just checked, site is down tonight / this morning
Old 8/12/11, 05:27 AM
Bullitt Member

We started working on this problem yesterday.
Old 8/12/11, 07:28 AM
Cobra R Member

houtex, thanks for all of the tips for people that run Micro$oft software at home.

As I mentioned, the problem was/is with the gtld (global top level domain) servers not having any DNS (Domain Name Service) entries for the routhost.com nameservers. This means that any web browser trying to change the name rocketcitymustang.com to an IPv4 address to reach the site could not do so.

And I should have been more specific in saying the Rocket City Mustang Club website.

Lisa and Mark, I believe it was mentioned that if there was another problem we would change providers.
Old 8/12/11, 08:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just checked into our webpage and it worked for me although it definitely needs to be updated. Still has my car and our May Show flier on the home page.
Old 8/12/11, 08:57 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Puter
It's time to fix this for good. I, for one, feel that letting the provider DOS us three times is unacceptable.

Please fix.
your doing it wrong
Old 8/12/11, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
OH. Hehe. Well... that's all different.

I don't notice from the 'new posts' list that it's in here, so I assumed TMS, not RCMC site. Sorry 'bout that.

/I gotta look to the right more...
Old 8/13/11, 04:15 AM

The problem was in the DNS entries. At one point in time the DNS table had been loaded with two of four possible entries. The site was down so I loaded the other two possible nameservers into Network Solutions site, hoping this would fix the problem. BUT, Routhost.com had actually changed the name of their DNS servers (all four of them). After I got this info I changed all four nameserver entries and, after propogation, we're live and kicking. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Also, this is Gary.
Old 8/13/11, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AngryNinja
The problem was in the DNS entries. At one point in time the DNS table had been loaded with two of four possible entries. The site was down so I loaded the other two possible nameservers into Network Solutions site, hoping this would fix the problem. BUT, Routhost.com had actually changed the name of their DNS servers (all four of them). After I got this info I changed all four nameserver entries and, after propogation, we're live and kicking. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Also, this is Gary.
Thanks, Gary! You rock!!
Old 8/14/11, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by AngryNinja
Routhost.com had actually changed the name of their DNS servers (all four of them).
Did they happen to let their customers know that this activity was taking place and there would be a possibility of service outage? Seems we hit more of a "possibility".