2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Dealer.pathetic

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/07, 12:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Charliehorse, you know, I have to admit that I like having some bad Ford dealerships out there so that mine can shine well above in comparison. The dealership closest to us has the absolute worst reputation of any dealership I've ever encountered anywhere. They exemplify every bad stereotype you can think of for car dealers, yet they are still in business decades into their evil ways. I've gone in their dressed as a 'civilian' on occassion just to see how I get treated by their sales goons, and it is so entertaining, but only because I'm not really a customer. Makes me feel really bad for those who go there (not knowing any better) who get ripped a new one. I did sell new Fords for a couple years long ago, and it was always funny to hear the horror stories from customers who had just left that other dealership. It was very rewarding, however, to offer them a pleasurable buying experience at our place.

Charliehorse, I'm well educated and have been a business professional quite some time. Many of those closest to me questioned my sanity when I decided to go work for a car dealership. I love cars (especially Mustangs & Fords) and I love people, so getting into the car business intrigued me. I did a LOT of research before hand delivering a cover letter and resume to one very specific dealership. It was that dealership or nothing, based on their awesome reputation. Talked straight to the owner (a very personable guy) and was hired on. I've been there ever since and know that if for any reason I couldn't work there anymore I would never work at another car dealership of any kind as nothing can compare to how nice this place is to employees, and more importantly, to customers. So, yeah, even I am leary of car dealerships, but with some research, I found a good one within a reasonable commute. I wish the same for anyone.
Old 12/30/07, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our society is rapidly becoming one that is based on the lowest price. Getting the cheapest price is the Great American Way. But we are sacrificing so much in that pursuit, we really are.

In my city of 150,000, we have one of what I would call a 4-star or 5-star restaurant. A place where the waiters still drape a towel over their arm, know what wine to suggest with your meal, and never let you run out of water. The food is exceptional, as it should be. A meal for 2 will cost you $80 with tip. It's not a place where you can eat every week, but it sure is nice for that special occasion. We used to have several of these restaurants here, now we only have one.

We used to get our gas pumped for us and our fluids checked. And we used to get our groceries carried out to the car. Cashiers would actually count out your change, hand you your package, and thank you with a smile for shopping with them. Today? Yeah, right. It's all about price, not service.

And so why do you suppose that buying a car should be any different? It would be nice to think that buying a big-ticket item should bring with it some professionalism, expertise, and courtesy. And it should. But dealers are facing the same "it's all about price" phenomenon that is making Wal-Mart so successful and shutting down so many mom and pop stores.

Most everyone here likes to brag how they went in and beat the salesman and the dealer to a pulp, buying a car for invoice or less. Good for you, you just contributed to the Great American Way. The salesman made a mini, the dealer made almost nothing after paying for floorplan, a little of the overhead, and the salesman's mini. Here's a fact of life that is all too true: holdback is not profit. Holdback pays the overhead, maybe. If the dealer runs a good store. Very few people have any idea of the staggering overhead of a new car dealership. You probably wouldn't believe the numbers if you heard them.

The old saying of "you get what you pay for" is always true. Always. If a business finds it's profit shrinking, it has two alternatives: increase prices or reduce overhead. It's that simple. And with the invoice mentality that buyers have today, increasing prices is usually not an option. You wonder why GT500s and Bullitts are ADM'd? It's the ONLY chance the dealer has to make a profit on a new car. I'm not saying it's right, but in many cases it's born of desperation.

It's true you can find a good dealer. Brian is a good guy working for a good dealer. A dealer who is progressive enough to understand customer loyalty, a dealer who knows that if he takes care of his employees that they in turn will take care of both him and his customers. But he must be a savvy businessman, since he must make a profit to hire and retain that caliber of employee.

True, a lot of dealers are schmucks, always have been and always will be. And they tarnish the reputation of the good dealers.

When I bought my Charger, I made the dealer what I considered a fair offer. It had some profit in it. He must have agreed, since he accepted my offer. We both won. I got a great deal on a limited-production Daytona, he made a little money. Now when I go in the store, I'm treated lke a king. Everything was (and is) smooth and easy. And if I buy another Dodge, it will be from him. He has earned my business and my loyalty.

My point is this: if you want top-notch sevice, find a good dealer, and offer a little profit. The rewards will be great.

Putting my flame suit on now.
Old 12/30/07, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonW

Putting my flame suit on now.
no flame suit needed. You are correct.

Where I live we have our gas pumped (but there is no choice it's law) Our gas costs as much, sometimes less, than neighbouring States where you must pump your own.
Where I buy groceries my purchase is taken to my car and loaded. The products in the store are fresh too. People claim it costs more to shop in that store. But when you really make a comparison, it doesn't. Interesting thing is, instead of the store discontinuing the carry out service because the competition doesn't, the competition (many of them not all) have returned to carry out service as well.

There is nothing wrong with a new car dealer making a profit. If a person can't buy using one of Ford's (or other manufacturers) plans, suggesting something like $500 or so over invoice is usually acceptable at a reasonable dealer. If it isn't there is always one that will or give a better deal.
The advent of the Internet has certainly changed the dynamic of new car buying. Some dealers haven't caught up with that idea.

People these days too often buy products based upon price only, and never consider quality or service.
Old 12/30/07, 04:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Jon,

A great post...Five Oh B and 05fordgt have shared enough information here to convince me that razor thin profit margins are one of the many challenges for Ford dealerships, in general.

I also heartily agree with your statement "The advent of the Internet has certainly changed the dynamic of new car buying. Some dealers haven't caught up with that idea." Reading on here and on IMBOC can definitely arm you with a more meaningful perspective about how Bullitts are and will sell.

I know checking here over the past 12 months have confirmed to me that if I waited long enough, I probably would have an increased likelihood of finding a GT500 at MSRP or a Shelby GT with incentives. I would say the GT500, however, does seem to have remarkable staying power in terms of price.

I understand why people buy the cars at the prices they do. I bought a 2003 Mach 1 early (December 2002) when I wanted one badly enough and I thought the production run was going to be a single year. If I had waited 8 months, I would have bought one with a $2000 incentive on it. When I look at the extra $2000 I spent, it was worth it in the long run to drive and show off the hot car at that time.

Perhaps there will be a fundamental change in the future, especially if the auto manufacturers continue to equip themselves with more flexible manufacturing capabilities and improved order-to-production processes and systems.

In the meantime, I appreciate the information Five Oh B, 05fordgt, 05kcstang, and others here have shared!
Old 12/30/07, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RCSignals
People these days too often buy products based upon price only, and never consider quality or service.
Truer words were never spoken.
Old 12/30/07, 05:25 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Charliehorse, you know, I have to admit that I like having some bad Ford dealerships out there so that mine can shine well above in comparison. The dealership closest to us has the absolute worst reputation of any dealership I've ever encountered anywhere. They exemplify every bad stereotype you can think of for car dealers, yet they are still in business decades into their evil ways. I've gone in their dressed as a 'civilian' on occassion just to see how I get treated by their sales goons, and it is so entertaining, but only because I'm not really a customer. Makes me feel really bad for those who go there (not knowing any better) who get ripped a new one. I did sell new Fords for a couple years long ago, and it was always funny to hear the horror stories from customers who had just left that other dealership. It was very rewarding, however, to offer them a pleasurable buying experience at our place.

Charliehorse, I'm well educated and have been a business professional quite some time. Many of those closest to me questioned my sanity when I decided to go work for a car dealership. I love cars (especially Mustangs & Fords) and I love people, so getting into the car business intrigued me. I did a LOT of research before hand delivering a cover letter and resume to one very specific dealership. It was that dealership or nothing, based on their awesome reputation. Talked straight to the owner (a very personable guy) and was hired on. I've been there ever since and know that if for any reason I couldn't work there anymore I would never work at another car dealership of any kind as nothing can compare to how nice this place is to employees, and more importantly, to customers. So, yeah, even I am leary of car dealerships, but with some research, I found a good one within a reasonable commute. I wish the same for anyone.
Well I know I shouldn't generalize, and there are many businesses in all industries that rate 'poor' in how they treat a customer, but it does seem that it is such a crap shoot in the auto industry. And I think that is what adds to the low Gallup poll numbers.

When you hear good stories like yours of your company, or good stories from friends and their experience, it unfortunately adds a level of frustration when one's own experience was below par. Because you know a good buying experience is not only how it should be, it is how it can be. (That's what prompted me to start this thread when it seemed so many were posting their great discount plan, and the Costco program I tried proved worthless.)

I made a life style choice many years ago that I would never trade and will fight (and have fought) to defend. But with it comes a price. I'm not close to a mega city, nearest small town is a half hour away (the dealer I ordered thru is 1 1/2 hour away), and I can't get away from ranch chores I chose to travel far and wide to shop everything. So part of that price means sometimes I'll have a company or salesperson take advantage of me because of my location.

This is why I love the internet. (Unfortunately, I can't have a new car UPS'd to my door.) And the new car manufacturers are not up to speed with the internet just yet - but I believe they will be. I believe the internet is the most far reaching, life changing invention since the printing press. (I don't think we've even imagined the real possibilities yet as we're still in the Pre Game show.) No doubt a big reason for the success of e.commerce is because the consumer doesn't have to put up with the 'sales' or 'store' experience. If I could have gone on-line with the Ford factory, ordered my 2008 Bullitt with alarm, HID, wheel locks, totalled the MSRP of $31,975, transferred funds, and then have the order delivered to my nearest 'Ford Service Center', I would have done it in a heart beat!!

It is not hard to be a good & honorable salesperson, and in the long run, it DOES payoff. And it has been my experience that it's usually not the salesperson's fault for an unhappy constumer. Many times its because of the pressure from 'on high' (mgmt) put on the salesperson to push a bad or excessive proposition. And when the transaction is completed, its high 5's in the breakroom afterwards. But succumbing to mgmt pressure, or 'getting all you can' out of the little 'ol lady or whoever... oh how short sighted that can be! Cause when the customer learns, the grapevine of bad wine starts fermenting!!

I know in my own career, I chose to act as a partner for my customer's and get them the best price I could (volume discount plans, special promo's etc.) to help them be profitable. Technically, I was lowering my commission - but the wave of volume came! You know who my biggest battles were with? Not the competition. My own sales mgrs. & corporate! Its crazy. But they did learn to leave me alone and stay out of my way because the last several years, the records I broke were only my own. Why? Because my customers were spreading the word to help me in return. (Honestly, in the end I was killing myself trying to keep up!) And since I got hurt and lost my career, that sales area's numbers went and remain in the toilet.

So as you and I both well know by experience, putting the customer first is more than a cute slogan - it makes for good press and long term profits. Which is why I tried to lay this debate out more in the 'high ground' of industry practices - not so much my own failure to battle the dealer better.

Give me a fair MSRP for a quality product (based on competition between brands, features, benefits, value) so that its a win-win, make sure there's a great service network in place, and I'll take the internet order desk over the crap shoot of the 'used car salesman' method of a new car dealership - everytime.

But that's me. I choose to live alone these days, have no family, and I talk to spotted horses all day. If I need a people fix I head into town to Blues Club and jam with whoever shows up. Most other people probably enjoy or need the interchange with a salesperson.
Old 12/30/07, 06:07 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by JonW
Most everyone here likes to brag how they went in and beat the salesman and the dealer to a pulp, buying a car for invoice or less.

My point is this: if you want top-notch sevice, find a good dealer, and offer a little profit. The rewards will be great.
I agree! As I mentioned in Post #1, I have no problem with salespeople or dealers making a profit. I know Steven Covey didn't invent the phrase "win - win", but I think he really put it out there in his first book years ago.

The customer has to win in quality and price because the customer is the source of revenue. If you want them talking good about you, referring others, and coming back for more, they need to win.

But the salesperson and dealer need to win also. They have families to feed like the customer does but also they have to be profitable to stay in business - which in the end helps the customer again.

I know one or two have posted their buying method to get a price below MSRP. Great advice. I know some believe that the dealer would not have sold below MSRP if there wasn't still some profit. But in actuality, some business make transactions at certain times just to keep cash flowing - even without profit. Not good business but sometimes it happens, sometimes all that matters is making payroll so you can fight the battle another day. Nevertheless, the business owner needs to have profitable transactions to stay in business.

Somebody else mentioned the ADM is on the sticker. Well there was no sticker on a Bullitt - none had been delivered yet when I placed my order - that I know of. I don't even think any had been built yet on 12.6 if I remember correctly.

And I wanted to have my own Bullitt built for me the way I wanted it.

Now I've received a bunch of ideas on this board and learned about x plan, etc. But at the time I did not think I was in much of a bargaining position for a car that was not sitting on the dealer's lot. Apparently you can demand a certain price - even when placing a factory order for a vehicle not yet in full production and not in the dealer's inventory yet.

So I told them MSRP was agreeable to place the order (which is the price Ford feels & publishes their product is worth) rather than trying to beat them out of their last penny. I figured supporting a local (somewhat) business, a salesperson & his family, and my region's economy was a good thing. I still do. After all, I made my living in sales and/or in business in this region.

But then came this ADM crap above MSRP... that's what I'm opposed to. Any business can run a sale, or control their inventory with rebates, etc., or not discount the price at all. And when someone drops in their store to place an order for a vehicle to be built that has an advertised MSRP on Ford's own website, that business should return the favor and support their local customer with fairness and service. Not with an excessive price on one transaction that not everyone else will have to pay. I have to "stay in business" too!

But I've been thru all of that. Just wanted to say I agree that there needs to be adequate profit in the transaction for the business owner.
Old 12/30/07, 06:53 PM
V6 Member

no flame suit needed. You are correct.

100 % correct
Old 12/31/07, 12:11 AM

Service vs lowest price. My story involves a camera for my wife. She's a camera geek (I'm a Mustang geek?!?!). She knows everything about photography and has some great (old) 35mm equipment. A couple years ago I wanted to surprise her with a new digital SLR camera. I know just a little about cameras. Could have went to a big box store and got a screaming discount, but didn't know enough about cameras to know a screaming discount if it hit me in the face. Went online to forums to learn what I could about the hardware. Looked around for pricing. In the end, decided I would pay extra for a sales person to really educate me so as to make a big purchase an informed purchase. Ended up spending quite some time with a nice young lady at a Ritz Camera store. She was a self-proclaimed camera geek who knew everything about Nikons (which I knew my wife would favor). Her service was awesome, so I gave her the sale even though I could have saved money online. Came back several times to buy more from her (lenses, flash, filters, etc.) and always got great advice and service. I probably would have tipped her if it was appropriate! Now we're a few thousand dollars into this toy, but I don't regret paying more as the product and service were outstanding.
Old 12/31/07, 12:15 AM

charliehorse, it's too late now, but you mentioned living in such a remote area and that a dealer can't just UPS a car to you. However, you'd be surprised that you can actually buy a car remotely. Have the paperwork FedEx'd back and forth to you. Then have a salesman personally deliver the car to your home (or shipped if it's too far to drive). The dealership I work for does this frequently. We sell to Canadians and Alaskans often. It's very rare for them to travel all the way south to us, so we do things online or by phone with them, then release the vehicle to a shipper or drop rigs off at the Port of Seattle to ship to Alaska. Living far from civilization doesn't preclude anyone from getting a product - even a car - shipped to them.
Old 12/31/07, 02:58 AM
Post *****

charliehorse, it's too late now, but you mentioned living in such a remote area and that a dealer can't just UPS a car to you. However, you'd be surprised that you can actually buy a car remotely. Have the paperwork FedEx'd back and forth to you. Then have a salesman personally deliver the car to your home (or shipped if it's too far to drive). The dealership I work for does this frequently. We sell to Canadians and Alaskans often. It's very rare for them to travel all the way south to us, so we do things online or by phone with them, then release the vehicle to a shipper or drop rigs off at the Port of Seattle to ship to Alaska. Living far from civilization doesn't preclude anyone from getting a product - even a car - shipped to them.
Wow! I had no idea...
I've only bought a few new cars (never had a new car like this one!), and none of them lately because of a few of life's knuckle *****. And I'm just not familiar with all of the manuvering necessary to avoid certain mishaps (obviously), or just how far things have come. Maybe my preference of being able to go online and place the order, make payment, have it delivered, and sidestep all of the dealer games is closer than I think.
Old 12/31/07, 05:24 AM
Bullitt Member

error
Old 1/4/08, 01:16 AM
Cobra Member

Well, Ford hasn't started telling us about incentives a year in advance, and I doubt they ever will as they do not set them that far in advance to be able to. Often times, Ford changes incentives to match current market trends on specific models, so changing incentives on-the-fly will continue.

While there are no public incentives on Bullitts, lots of other private offers are out there (college grad, military, etc.). Here's the current list as of today for Bullitt...

<table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="675"><tbody><tr class="hrow"><td class="1">Public Program Selection – Select one of the following:</td></tr><tr><td><table align="center" bgcolor="white" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="20"> </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="20"> </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" align="center" width="65"> Program </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="300"> Description</td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="130"> Benefit</td><td class="headT" id="headerDealer" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" align="center" width="70"> End Date </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#dcdcdc"><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="white"><td>There are no programs to display<input name="blnValidFleetProg" type="hidden"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><input value="0" name="blnValidPublicProg" type="hidden">
<table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="675"><tbody><tr class="hrow"><td class="1">Regional Discount Packages (Currently Invoiced on this VIN).
</td></tr><tr><td><table align="center" bgcolor="white" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="20"> </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="20"> </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" align="center" width="65"> Program </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="300"> Description</td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="70"> MSRP</td><td class="headT" id="headerDealer" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" align="center" width="120"> Invoice Less Holdback</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#dcdcdc"><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="white"><td>There are no programs to display</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><table align="center" width="675"><tbody><tr class="textB"><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="675"><tbody><tr class="hrow"><td class="1">Potentially Eligible Private/Affiliate Programs– Select all that apply
NOTE: Private/Affiliate Offers may require customer eligibility be verified, collected and retained by the dealership. Refer to Program Announcement.</td></tr><tr><td><table align="center" bgcolor="white" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="20"> </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="20"> </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" align="center" width="65"> Program </td><td class="headT" id="header" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220);" width="300"> Description</td><td class="headTI" id="headerDealer" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> Benefit</td><td class="headTI" id="headerDealer" style="font-weight: 700; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" align="center" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> End Date </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#dcdcdc"><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="white"><td></td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32260" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32260') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32260', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32260'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><script language="Javascript">countRateProgram(document.ge tElementById('chk32260'),'False');</script><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32260 </td><td width="300"> College Student Purchase Program</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32282" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32282') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32282', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32282'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><script language="Javascript">countRateProgram(document.ge tElementById('chk32282'),'False');</script><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32282 </td><td width="300"> American Quarter Horse Association Member Offer</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32388" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32388') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32388', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32388'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32388 </td><td width="300"> Race for the Cure Private Offer</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 12/31/07</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32446" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32446') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32446', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32446'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32446 </td><td width="300"> CRM Customized Fulfillment Direct Offer</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32460" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32460') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32460', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32460'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32460 </td><td width="300"> 4Q - 2007 Competitive Lease Conquest CRM Program</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 1000.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/31/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32476" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32476') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32476', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32476'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><script language="Javascript">countRateProgram(document.ge tElementById('chk32476'),'False');</script><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32476 </td><td width="300"> My Ford Private Offer</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32478" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32478') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32478', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32478'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><script language="Javascript">countRateProgram(document.ge tElementById('chk32478'),'False');</script><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32478 </td><td width="300"> 2008 Mobility Motoring Program</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 1.00 - 1000.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 08/31/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32482" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32482') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32482', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32482'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32482 </td><td width="300"> 4Q F-150 CRM Truck Private Offer</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32498" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32498') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32498', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32498'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32498 </td><td width="300"> SUV/CUV Portfolio Direct Mail Offer</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32500" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32500') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32500', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32500'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32500 </td><td width="300"> Car Portfolio Direct Mail Offer</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32502" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32502') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32502', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32502'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32502 </td><td width="300"> 4Q Autobytel Private Offer</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32504" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32504') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32504', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32504'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><script language="Javascript">countRateProgram(document.ge tElementById('chk32504'),'False');</script><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32504 </td><td width="300"> Military Appreciation</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32512" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32512') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32512', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32512'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32512 </td><td width="300"> RCL/RCO Renewal</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32518" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32518') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32518', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32518'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"> </td><td align="right" width="65">32518 </td><td width="300"> Early Bird</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 1.00 - 1400.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32532" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32532') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32532', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32532'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32532 </td><td width="300"> 4Q Defection Program Private Offer</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00 - 1000.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32534" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32534') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32534', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32534'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"> </td><td align="right" width="65">32534 </td><td width="300"> Ford Credit Bonus Cash Marketing Program</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 500.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/15/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk32536" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt32536') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '32536', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk32536'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">32536 </td><td width="300"> Payment Advantage Direct Mail Conquest Offer</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 02/29/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk38018" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt38018') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '38018', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk38018'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">38018 </td><td width="300"> Cabela's Gift Card Private Offer</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk38020" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt38020') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '38020', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk38020'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">38020 </td><td width="300"> My Ford CRM Fulfillment Private Offer</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 1.00</td><td id="odd" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr><tr class="even"><td align="center" width="20"><input id="chk38024" onclick="javascript:clearTxtRange(this,'txt38024') ;updateDepArray('chkPrivate', '38024', this.checked);countRateProgram(document.getElement ById('chk38024'),'False'); " name="chkPrivate" type="checkbox"></td><td align="center" width="20"></td><td align="right" width="65">38024 </td><td width="300"> Cabela's Gift Card Direct Mail Offer</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="130"> $ 750.00</td><td id="even" style="font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 207);" bgcolor="#ffffcf" width="70"> 01/02/08</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
Has Ford updated the eligible incentives?
Old 1/4/08, 08:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not yet. They extended everything till 1/8/08. 1/9 all the programs will be new, as the new quarter starts.
Old 1/4/08, 01:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Not yet. They extended everything till 1/8/08. 1/9 all the programs will be new, as the new quarter starts.
thanks. Ford sent me a code for $1000 off, but it expired 1/2/08. Even the extension to 1/8/08 won't help.
Maybe the next round will bring something good.
Old 1/9/08, 11:28 PM
Post *****

Question Could Class Action happen?

Could a major investigation/class action/settlement to avoid disclosure of guilt, etc., happen over the pricing games of the auto manufacturers and new car dealerships? I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. But I do know the insurance industry remains one of the most powerful lobby's in D.C. and 50 States. (They don't call 'em the Hudson River Bandits for nothin!) And it has happened to them (and has many times!).

New Car Dealers beware...

<TABLE class=ap-story-table style="veritcal-align: :top" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ap-story-tr><TD class=ap-story-td>Dec 31, 4:25 PM EST

Travelers settles lawsuit and state actions over broker payments

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Story-MediaBoxPosition: 0 empty --><!-- Story-MediaBoxPosition: 1 --><!-- MediaBox: 15184597 Created : 2007/12/31 16:25:00 Modified : 2007/12/31 16:25:00 Generated: 2007/12/31 16:25:00 --><TABLE class=ap-mediabox-table style="CLEAR: both; MARGIN-TOP: 10px; FLOAT: right; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 3px; MARGIN-LEFT: 3px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=ap-mediabox-tr><TD class=ap-mediabox-td><!-- Package: 358216: ADVERTISEMENT_STATE Created: 2004/3/4 18:54:42 Modified: 2007/3/12 14:56:14 Generated: 2007/3/12 14:56:14 --><!-- HtmlFragment: 4265 Created: 2005/11/28 11:27:55 Modified: 2005/11/28 11:28:04 Generated: 2007/3/12 14:56:14 --><TABLE class=ap-htmlfragment-table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ap-htmlfragment-tr><TD class=ap-htmlfragment-td><SCRIPT language=JavaScript>tcdacmd="cc=lcn; dt";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://an.tacoda.net/an/11676/slf.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://anrtx.tacoda.net/rtx/r.js?cmd=LCN&si=11676&v=3.7&cb=0.00416063137917849 2"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://anrtx.tacoda.net/opt/r.js"></SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /HtmlFragment: 4265 --><!-- HtmlFragment: 5577 Created: 2007/3/12 14:56:03 Modified: 2007/3/12 14:56:14 Generated: 2007/3/12 14:56:14 --><!-- /HtmlFragment: 5577 --><!-- /Package: 358216 --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- /MediaBox: 15184597 --><!-- /Story-MediuaBoxPosition: 1 -->ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- The Travelers Cos. Inc., one of the nation's largest commercial insurers, has settled a lawsuit and will pay $6 million to settle several state investigations over how it paid brokers, the company said on Monday.
Travelers did not disclose how much it was paying to settle the 2004 shareholder lawsuit over contingent payments to brokers and allegations that it rigged bids. The company had lost an earlier effort to dismiss the lawsuit, which sought class action status.
In the state investigations, Florida insurance commissioner Kevin McCarty said that state and nine others settled with Travelers in a "pay-to-play" scheme. The St. Paul-based company said it had reached agreements with attorneys general in Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Michigan, Oregon, Texas, West Virginia, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia. The settlement still needs court approval.
The Florida attorney general announcement on Monday said Travelers had been paying "contingent commissions" to brokers which were not disclosed to policyholders. Travelers had already said it would stop paying such commissions on all insurance lines by Tuesday, under an agreement with other attorneys general announced Jan. 2, 2007.
State attorneys general have argued that "contingent commissions" paid to brokers and agents to steer business to insurance companies amount to kickbacks that result in higher prices paid by policyholders.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 1/10/08, 12:10 AM
Cobra Member

thanks. Ford sent me a code for $1000 off, but it expired 1/2/08. Even the extension to 1/8/08 won't help.
Maybe the next round will bring something good.
That was wishful thinking
Old 1/10/08, 04:05 PM
eci
Banned

For the record, "non refundable" deposits on new vehicle sales are illegal in California. It doesn't matter what you signed, the contract was illegal.
Old 1/10/08, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
He doesn't live in California. I'm guessing Oregon. What's the law like there?
Old 1/10/08, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Non-refundable deposits are just bad business practices. I can't imagine a dealer asking for one on a Bullitt. This is a car that will sell no matter what. Now, if someone wanted to order an oddball vehicle, say a 6-speed manual, 4X2 F250 supercab long bed in some really bad color, with vinyl seats, and only A/C, and defaults, then a dealer may hold the deposit until the vehicle is sold.