2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Dealer.pathetic

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/07, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
I doubt the incentives will include the Bullitt... but you never can tell.

My understanding is that only the 'year end' incentives do not apply to the Bullitt. Other incentives like customer loyalty do.
I've also heard that Ford will start letting dealers know all incentives one year in advance rather than quarterly.
Old 12/27/07, 09:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i really appreciate you guys getting on here and telling about what dealers really do to honest consumers.... screw them!

every deal i make with a dealer is below msrp, or its no deal for me. every dealer i go to gets ****ed at me, because i know my deals, i know my vehicles, i know what they are worth, what the dealer paid for them, and what the dealer is making. having all the info gives me the upper hand and lets me make a good deal, and they hate it. they love to work with ignorant customers who have lots of money and just want to buy a car for a certain payment a month. any salesman can make that happen, but when you work with an educated and informed customer, you really have to earn their business. thats the way i am. they end up mad because i know what im doing, but hey, i get a good deal every time, i get the car i want and they still make money! they all act like im walking in and buying a car and ripping them off!!!! man that makes me mad.

there are very few honest and good salesmen out there, for that i say thank you guys!!!! you know who you are and you do good deals and make people happy all the time!

i bought a car 2 days ago, i worked the deal with a small time dealer and it took us 3 hours of talking, he got frustrated, i got my deal.... in the end he wanted to know why i wasnt a salesman, because i know my stuff. there were 2 other guys watching our dealing and were totally blown away because they could not believe the way i was talking to the dealer and working the deal! i would have loved to deal with them, but they would have just "had to ask the sales manager" every single thing anyway

well my rant is over, but thanks for listening and thanks you guys for doing good honest business

oh yea and i second that opinion that the top 3 are sliding down hill cause they are too greedy and cant employ good people and make good deals.. that would drive some good american business!!!
Old 12/27/07, 09:37 PM
V6 Member

No sales tax if you live in Oregon and intend to register the car there. The dealer will have you sign a waiver, even if you buy in another state (CA, WA, ID, etc.).
Old 12/27/07, 09:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RCSignals
My understanding is that only the 'year end' incentives do not apply to the Bullitt. Other incentives like customer loyalty do.
I've also heard that Ford will start letting dealers know all incentives one year in advance rather than quarterly.
There really isn't any "Customer loyalty" rebate on finance deals. Now, they do have these on lease deals (and for customes who are turing in a lease but purchasing the next car. They can get the Loyalty rebate), and they do have one for Super Duty owners, but at least in my area, there is no loyalty rebate for a regular retail transaction. The only things that could work on Bullitt Mustangs would be any type of mailings that Ford sends to selected people, and the Military rebate (it shows on VINCENT).
Old 12/27/07, 10:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

the military rebate is weak in my opinion! $500, i can talk the dealer out of that no problem, why only offer that much for us mil guys....

once they offer that it just gives them another reason not to go any lower

"we already gave you the military rate"
Old 12/27/07, 10:04 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
... I've had several members here who have PM'd me asking if I'd order them one, and I will not. I am totally 100% anonymous on Mustang forums so that I can enjoy being an enthusiast first and foremost. I've owned 6 Mustangs, so I'm here to share info, not sell cars...
I fail to grasp how your position poses a conflict of interest in being an enthusiast and helping fellow TMS members at the same time which could very easily been accomplished by providing a referral to one of your co-workers while remaining 100% anonymous.
Old 12/27/07, 10:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I've heard of it time and again, experienced it myself for the first time w/ the introduction of the Mazda RX7s. As long as people line up to pay ADM (wanting to be fleeced) then dealers will ask for the markups (fleecing.) So I guess my question to those is: what are you a man or a sheep? (I bought a Celica GT instead.)
Old 12/27/07, 10:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

five oh:

i would not think twice about referring people from this site to your dealership if it benefits them and gives them a better deal... no harm in that.

ethically: ok you dont want to try to advertise for your own benefit, but hey, if your giving people the deal they want and making business and money for yourself, whats wrong with that.

if you were ripping people off its a different story

just my 2 cents
Old 12/28/07, 01:10 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1 RE of about 10

Also - if you didn't want to pay an ADM, why on God's green Earth did you agree to one in writing? If it's nonegotiable... you're not going to get out of it unless he's a really, really nice guy (or has someone else he can extort- derr... I mean markup more on).

Good luck!
Well thanx bro but in addition to pars. 4-6 of my original post, here’s my reality show experience:
  • As I said I was a late comer to this (great) board, and the others didn’t mention ADM.’s. So my first reaction was “what’s an ADMâ€?...
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-delmar.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 01:17 AM
Post *****

2 RE of about 10

Also - if you didn't want to pay an ADM, why on God's green Earth did you agree to one in writing? If it's nonegotiable... you're not going to get out of it unless he's a really, really nice guy (or has someone else he can extort- derr... I mean markup more on).

Good luck!
  • So I used the contacts I had and the limited info I gained from friends and I responded 10,000?!! 5000?!! 3500?!! And figured a Bullitt wasn’t for me. I assumed MSRP was a given because I was ordering a car – not buying one out of a dealer’s inventory. But over MSRP? I just drew a blank. $5000… $3500 from the biggest dealer in the country…
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-everett.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 01:34 AM
Post *****

3 RE of about 10

Good luck!
* Next I briefly was turned into a horny toad by 3 vixens, and thought $2500 was an offset to buying from a dealer via telephone 1000 miles<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:METRICCONVERTER ProductID="[/IMG]1000" st1:metricconverter miles<> away with 7.25% CA sales tax (sales tax really is a big bugger for most Bullitt buyers that I don’t have). And again, Galpin’s uninformed sales idiot (that had to keeping checking with everybody – even to be sure of his name… and yes its true, for a moment I thought I was connected to Bangladesh to discuss my phone bill), wouldn’t make any commitments to 0 sales tax and complimentary delivery to my local dealer. So I assumed my ‘drummer buddy in the business’ was out of touch. After all, he is a drummer! LOL
</ST1:METRICCONVERTER>
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-pete.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 02:49 AM
Post *****

4 RE of about 10

Good luck!
* So then, I come to this board and read up. This board really has a ton more information than the first few I previewed. (Compliments to Brad and everyone!) I learned about ADM scams (which Costco Dealers presented as the status quo for limited anything Mustangs), XYZ Plans, and that my Costco buying program was worthless. So I asked the dealer, “I don’t get it, what’s up big Ford Dealer?”
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-dont-get-2.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 02:59 AM
Post *****

5 RE of about 10

Good luck!
* They responded “Its all about the money boys! Do… Ra… Me!!!
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-do-ra-me-2.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 03:07 AM
Post *****

6 RE of about 10

Good luck!

* Next I spit out my corn in a head splitting daze.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-corn-2.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 03:13 AM
Post *****

7 RE of about 10

Good luck!

* Butler Ford only replied “Don’t you know MSRP causes warts?â€
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-warts-2.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 03:20 AM
Post *****

8 RE out of about 10

Good luck!
* Next Butler Ford stole my $2500 foldin money right out of my overalls!
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-foldin-b.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 03:44 AM
Post *****

9 RE of about 10

Good luck!

* Butler Ford then walked away and said “End of Lesson, boys!â€
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-end-lesson-2.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 04:13 AM
Post *****

10 RE of about 10

Good luck!
So you see boys & girls, its all quite innocent for a blues playing lepricon! Which puts the burden of proof on the salesperson & the industry (and I know – refer to par. 1 of my original post) - not the customer whose money keeps the business afloat!

Thanx for the good advice. Today secured all the CEO's names & addresses. The battle has just begun! I'll keep you posted.

Peace!

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/27/08 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12/28/07, 04:45 AM
Post *****

11 RE of about 10

Originally Posted by JonW
I've been trying to buy a GT500 for a year at MSRP. In my 52 years, dealing with Ford dealerships has been the most frustrating experience I've ever had in trying to buy a new car. It's bad enough that you get hosed for some ridiculous amount over MSRP, but it adds insult to injury when the salespeople don't know anything about their product.

There are some good Ford salespeople out there, I know. They just don't seem to live in my part of the country.
Well who's gonna make a clean sweep of ALL of the US Auto Dealer scamsters?? BEFORE the rest of us get there??

I mean Costco, Safeway, Fred Meyer, Home Depot, etc., charge a price and that’s it. You can shop stores but once you’re in one, that’s it.

Why the American Car dealer scam of “screw who you can”. I’m not in some 3<SUP>rd</SUP> world toilet haggling over a dang chicken! And I’m tired of the American auto salesperson/dealership treating me that way! I was born, live in, and pay taxes as an American citizen, and I expect to be treated like one by American business!!

And oh brothers & sisters, where wert thou??
Attached Thumbnails Dealer.pathetic-sweep-up-b.jpg  
Old 12/28/07, 04:57 AM
Post *****

12 RE out of about 10

Originally Posted by Stangers

Dealers where I live want 5k and up .
and sooooooooo it goes.
Well... there you go!
THAT's the problem - the perp (dealer),
not the victim (consumer)!

He ain't lyin'!