2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt Option now in Ford Order Banks (July 11th 2007)

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/07, 10:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipZap04
What a minute... where's this order guide?
The package isn't on the guide, but in the CONCEPTS system.
Old 7/12/07, 11:07 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by pville piper
GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE
- 235/50/ZR18 TIRE
- REAR SPOILER DELETE
- FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS
- 3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE
- 18" BLK PNTD ALUMINUM WHEEL

Hey George.. ya forgot one... the floor mat delete.... I can't believe that you could forget such an important itiem.... it alone most likey add $250 to the cost! Very high performance that itiem!
54U also includes the GT/CS front and rear fascias and side scoops, and deletes the spare tire for a repair kit. Also the side air bags are now standard equipment.
Old 7/12/07, 11:08 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by Strickland
Isn't the Shelby GT suspension upgrade just the Ford Racing Handling Pack anyways?
Yeah it's the FR3 kit. MSRP is $1335

~$1k of that $1895 54B package is probably for optional 18' wheels (probably the same ones on the black SGT). So now you got $900 left for whatever else is in the package.
Bullitt door seals and badges = ~$150. It will probably have the GT/CS front and rear fascia or something comparable.

After thinking about it, sound like a Highland Green GT/CS with a spoiler delete.

I still hope it gets some performance boost, even if it is only 10hp.
Old 7/12/07, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This just can't be it! There has to be more..........Why would it take Ford so long to come up with only this? The 2001 Bullitt was tweaked in many ways to make it special and unique, not just a green paint job and some other add-ons. Ford is to unveil this car at the LA auto show and it had better be more than this! Something's way, way off here! I think there's more to come which will include some handling and performance upgrades that will make the car truly unique and make a solid statement. If this is the actual car, Ford might as well pull the trigger on their own head now........Besides, this is a Job#2 car, so this is a little early.
Old 7/12/07, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad I bought my '07 and got it for invoice and 0%.
Old 7/12/07, 11:38 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Just a thought. The 2008 SGT is only being produced from Sep through November. Job 2 starts in December.

Maybe this 54B package is the package that is ordered before the car is sent to Shelby autos to become a Bullitt (adding the FR packages and other cosmetics). Just like the 54U package is used for the Shelby GT.

Or maybe it's sent someplace else like Roush, Saleen, or another Ford owned facility where it gets additional mods (I thought I recalled that the GT 500 had additional work done in another facility near the factory).
In other words, maybe the $1895 54B is just the prep package before someone else takes and completes the Bullitt conversion.
Old 7/12/07, 12:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Just a thought. The 2008 SGT is only being produced from Sep through November. Job 2 starts in December.

Maybe this 54B package is the package that is ordered before the car is sent to Shelby autos to become a Bullitt (adding the FR packages and other cosmetics). Just like the 54U package is used for the Shelby GT.

Or maybe it's sent someplace else like Roush, Saleen, or another Ford owned facility where it gets additional mods (I thought I recalled that the GT 500 had additional work done in another facility near the factory).
In other words, maybe the $1895 54B is just the prep package before someone else takes and completes the Bullitt conversion.
...or maybe none of the above will prove to be true and we'll all have to accept the fact that THE 2008 BULLITT SUCKS !

There, I'm the first to say it out loud. Ain't even gonna put on the flame suit, I can take it!

P.S.: "Bold Moves" my ***, Ford!
Old 7/12/07, 12:44 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Louie is just a Ford insider who is trying to throw me off the scent
Old 7/12/07, 01:13 PM

If this is true, that it's little more that another cosmetic preen and primp package, then it is indeed another disappointing one of Ford's Bland Moves.

Even with a few easy FRPP parts thrown in, which seem add little real power and trashes the suspension ride/compliance with little real performance improvement there either (if the Shelby GT is any indication), this is, at best, underwhelming and far from being anything resembling "Bold."

Ford's really going to have to take its game up more than a few big notches with the Stang once the LS3, IRS, 6 speed Camaro hits the street and its no longer a one-man show in the Pony Car arena anymore, never mind the Challenger too.
Old 7/12/07, 01:37 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts

There is a good possibility this might be one of the rare occasions when you happen to be right.

Old 7/12/07, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

With is from an eyewitness account.

Very generic, nothing special.

Green (I assume DHG) with black bullitt rims and no rear spoiler.

Had chrome exhaust tips, but he didn't know if it was different exhaust.

Side fake spoilers and side window louvers.

The grill looked different, couldn't remember seeing the GT fog lights.

Metal fuel door with a crosshair like a rifle scope. (which sounded very cool)

Unique metal shifter and slightly different interior with Bullitt logo.
At only $1,895 it would appear to be nothing but all cosmetic to me.
Old 7/12/07, 03:55 PM
GT Member

This is the correct Bullitt package according to insiders I talked to today and what is in Concepts is only part of the package. Nothing has changed as of now.

2008.5 Mustang Bullitt

Performance Modifications

FR Power Pack ~ 312HP
Shock/Strut Tuning
Strut Tower Brace
Upgraded Steering System
Red Brake Calipers
3:73 Axle Ratio
X-Pipe Exhaust w/Bright Exhaust Tips

Interior Actions
Unique Sport Seating
Unique Sill Plate
Bright Metal Trim & Unique Shifter

Exterior Actions
Available In Highland Green Or Black
Unique Grill V6 Style (w/o Fog Lamps)
Rear Faux Gas Cap w/Bullitt Logo
Cap Surround Painted Charcoal Gray
18" Bullitt Style Wheel
Red Brake Calipers
Old 7/12/07, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

So are we talking about a unique grill, or a complete V6 front fascia? The idea of equipment at that pricing sounds intriguing.
Old 7/12/07, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bullitt 2597
This is the correct Bullitt package according to insiders I talked to today and what is in Concepts is only part of the package. Nothing has changed as of now.

2008.5 Mustang Bullitt

Performance Modifications

FR Power Pack ~ 312HP
Shock/Strut Tuning
Strut Tower Brace
Upgraded Steering System
Red Brake Calipers
3:73 Axle Ratio
X-Pipe Exhaust w/Bright Exhaust Tips

Interior Actions
Unique Sport Seating
Unique Sill Plate
Bright Metal Trim & Unique Shifter

Exterior Actions
Available In Highland Green Or Black
Unique Grill V6 Style (w/o Fog Lamps)
Rear Faux Gas Cap w/Bullitt Logo
Cap Surround Painted Charcoal Gray
18" Bullitt Style Wheel
Red Brake Calipers
Again, seems nice enough -- Highland Green is a purty color after all -- but beyond that, its getting to be pretty much the generic Mustang SE = the usual FRPP mechanical bits cobbled off the parts shelves (for that stunning 12hp gain) wrapped up in assorted oh-so-predictable cosmetic stuff (gosh, genuine red paint sprayed on the same fade-prone brake calipers).

Nice move? Certainly.

Bold Move? Certainly not.
Old 7/12/07, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

You know AFBLUE, I wondered the exact same thing! The price was too cheap and was similar to what Ford did with the Shelby GT. I think that this time though, Ford will do an in-house modification at one of their own facilities (cheaper and quicker turn around time).
As a "side" note, I heard a rumour from a Ford Fleet employee who is a big Mustang fan, that for 2009 Ford will offer both the 4.6 as the standard motor and the 5.4 liter for those who wish to modify the Mustang. The 5.4 will serve as a good place to start in combination with Ford's FRPP plan. Sounds good to me, although I wish they'd do that with the 2008 Bullitt! Let's see if they really do it......................
Old 7/12/07, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by rhumb
Ford's really going to have to take its game up more than a few big notches with the Stang once the LS3, IRS, 6 speed Camaro hits the street and its no longer a one-man show in the Pony Car arena anymore, never mind the Challenger too.
Do you think your going to be able to just waltz right into a Chevy dealer, fork over around $28K and pick up an LS3 IRS, 6-speed Camaro. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Do you really think that the high powered Camaro will be the same price as a GT? I highly doubt it. I'm thinking low $30's TO START!! Heck, Chevy is having problems with keeping the price down. Then, lets not forget, to add the dealer ADM charges that were VERY previlent on the Mustang GT's when they 1st came out. I can see the LS3 Camaro now, MSRP $34,500. Dealer ADM $15,000! You think I'm kidding, believe me, I'm not. Chevy dealers are salivating at the chance to sell something this hot at over sticker, just you wait and see. They haven't had ANYTHING that so many people have been waiting for to arrive. The ADM's the Camaro are going to sport are going to make people sick!
Old 7/12/07, 06:44 PM
GT Member

From what my brother in law is hearing the only Camaro that will get the LS3 engine will be the SS. Sticker starting at over 40K!!!
Old 7/12/07, 06:55 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
"... Gooo-ooooly! Surprise, surprise, surprise! Cheee-sium!"

You're excited about a 5 to 15 HP bump?

Oh wait, I get it, you're being sarcastic.

Silly me.
Old 7/12/07, 07:01 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Louie
On the other hand: oil prices are expected to hit and pass $80/barrel before the end of this year, so building a gas guzzler (read 5.0-5.4L N/A) in such low numbers (< 10,000) cannot be profitable in any way for Ford. Even at $50k apiece.

Mark my words here and now: the next generation Mustang will bring back a lot of 1974 memories.
S197 II with 93 HP.

YIPPEEEE!

Old 7/12/07, 07:03 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO

DAM you Ford, you this one up
"They say the next big thing is here
That the revolution's near
But to me it seems quite clear
That it's all just a little bit of history repeating..."

Quick Reply: Bullitt Option now in Ford Order Banks (July 11th 2007)