The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2008-2009 BULLITT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f735/)
-   -   Bullitt Option now in Ford Order Banks (July 11th 2007) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f735/bullitt-option-now-ford-order-banks-july-11th-2007-a-454847/)

Little Black Pony 7/11/07 04:35 PM

Bullitt Option now in Ford Order Banks (July 11th 2007)

Good news and bad news,
The Bullitt Package with Pricing is available in Conceps but it isn't very spendy. So, it looks like the Bullitt package will be similar to the GT/CS package in that it is really only cosmetic.

Although, if Ford is using the standard front and rear facias then maybe some of the price will go into Ford Racing Handeling pack.

54B BULLITT PACKAGE Retail $1,895
PX HIGHLAND GREEN N/C
KW LTHR TRIMD BKT DARK CHARCOAL (this is the only interior option with Highland green)

Looks like there is a new dash panel color...
67H BLACK PANEL

Oh, and BTW the Bullitt Package is Not Available For Job1 Orders
:nice:

Little Black Pony 7/11/07 04:44 PM

This is interesting, looks like the Black Dash might only be available with the Bullitt as an option.

BASE INT PKG REQS BLK PNTD I/P PANEL

And, 50 state emissions is required on the Bullitt, so it does have a bump in HP.

50 STATE EMISSIONS OA ON SHELBY GT500 / BULLITT

1 COBRA 7/11/07 05:15 PM

"... Gooo-ooooly! :jaw: Surprise, surprise, surprise! :jaw: Cheee-sium!" :jaw:

:jester:

BULLITT INTERCEPTOR 7/11/07 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Little Black Pony (Post 960798)
Good news and bad news,
The Bullitt Package with Pricing is available in Conceps but it isn't very spendy. So, it looks like the Bullitt package will be similar to the GT/CS package in that it is really only cosmetic.

Although, if Ford is using the standard front and rear facias then maybe some of the price will go into Ford Racing Handeling pack.

54B BULLITT PACKAGE Retail $1,895
PX HIGHLAND GREEN N/C
KW LTHR TRIMD BKT DARK CHARCOAL (this is the only interior option with Highland green)

Looks like there is a new dash panel color...
67H BLACK PANEL

Oh, and BTW the Bullitt Package is Not Available For Job1 Orders
:nice:

Bummer........:shame:

1 COBRA 7/11/07 05:34 PM

Bummer is freeeecking right if that is it. :rolleyes:

Those '01 BULLITT owners who were concerned about collectability or a new model upstaging them have nothing to worry about.

tom281 7/11/07 05:37 PM

I'll probably never buy one anyway, just because I'm happy with what I have, but MAN, none-the-less do I hope that Ford doesn't screw this up.

AFBLUE 7/11/07 06:31 PM

On the bright side, the GT/CS option is also $1895 and it has no performance upgrades. So at least the Bullitt gives you some extra umph for some extra dough.

I'm assuming the earlier info about it having 310hp is true.

If so, it's a great bargain compared to the Shelby GT. Bullitt = $189.5 for each hp over 300, SGT = $441.5 for each hp over 300.

There, that should cheer y'all up. ;)

1 COBRA 7/11/07 06:40 PM

Neither will the Bullitt, not at that price. I believe the Ford Racing CAI and suspension package are priced very close to the figure posted by Little Black Pony. Taking into account the previous assumptions of what the BULLITT would consist of, I had estimated the Bullitt package to be in the neighborhood of $4,500.

AFBLUE 7/11/07 06:47 PM

If it only gets a 10hp increase then maybe it's just being tuned for Premium gas. That alone would get you close to +10hp. The rest of the $1895 would be cosmestic. Just conjecture on my part.

Since the FRPP CAI (FR1) is advertized at 20hp (down from the previously advertized 25hp), I wouldn't think that this is part of the equation. FR1 MSRP is $949.

FYI George, the proper spelling is "Shazam!" :grin:

1 COBRA 7/11/07 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
FYI George, the proper spelling is "Shazam!" :grin:

Noted. Someday I might become the ADMIN in this joint. :nice:

. . . :jaw: ! ! !

:jester:

Originally Posted by mustangfan123
DHG or Black Paint
FRPP Window Louvers
GT/CS Side Scoops
18x8.5" Bullitts
Red Brake Calipers
Aluminum or Chrome Gas Cap
Unique Sport Seating with Bullitt Emblem
Unique Sill Plate
Bright Metal Trim and Unique Shifter
BULLITT Interior Emblem
V6 Style Grille w/o Fogs
Spoiler Delete
FRPP Power Pack
FRPP Handling Pack
312hp 4.6 3v Engine
Strut Tower Brace
Upgraded Steering System
3:73's
Subframe Connectors
X-Pipe/Bright Exhaust Tips
Shock/Strut Tuning
Gas Cap Surround(Charcoal Gray)
Faux Gas Cap with BULLITT emblem

The above is what I assumed would be the BULLITT package. That would be a bargain at $1,895. Delete the items in bold print and that would be the BOLD MOVES 2008 BULLITT GT by Ford.

Here is what Ford offers for $2,140 on the Shelby GT:

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- 235/50/ZR18 TIRE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- REAR SPOILER DELETE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- 3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- 18" BLK PNTD ALUMINUM WHEEL</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

black_bullitt 7/11/07 09:32 PM

what a let down...
and that's coming from someone who would have been more than pleased with something equivalent to what the 01's had to offer...

stupid Shelby's man... Knowing the Bullitt was coming, Ford should have killed the GT/CS, just like they killed the CS6 to save their GT lineup...

Wolfsburg 7/11/07 10:36 PM

I don't think I'll gnash my teeth just yet until I can see some concrete verification that the 2008 Bullitt is just a cosmetic upgrade.

Louie 7/12/07 05:53 AM

I really hoped I wasn't gonna be the one saying "I told you so", but... I told you so!

Well, what more can you expect from a company that installs cheap purple LEDs inside its musclecar...?

Louie 7/12/07 06:00 AM

On the other hand: oil prices are expected to hit and pass $80/barrel before the end of this year, so building a gas guzzler (read 5.0-5.4L N/A) in such low numbers (< 10,000) cannot be profitable in any way for Ford. Even at $50k apiece.

Mark my words here and now: the next generation Mustang will bring back a lot of 1974 memories.

pville piper 7/12/07 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT (Post 960899)
Here is what Ford offers for $2,140 on the Shelby GT:

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- 235/50/ZR18 TIRE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- REAR SPOILER DELETE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- 3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD>- 18" BLK PNTD ALUMINUM WHEEL</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hey George.. ya forgot one... the floor mat delete.... I can't believe that you could forget such an important itiem.... it alone most likey add $250 to the cost! :rofl2: Very high performance that itiem! :jester:

Bullitt 2597 7/12/07 07:49 AM

If this is the true package without any suspension upgrades it will be a MAJOR disapointment. Unless you are required to order the upfitter package (edit) No suspension upgrades on the Upfitter package. . A rebadged CS.... Even worse than a rebadged Shelby GT.......

Strickland 7/12/07 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bullitt 2597 (Post 961234)
If this is the true package without any suspension upgrades it will be a MAJOR disapointment. Unless you are required to order the upfitter package with it which has the suspension upgrades of the Shelby GT.

Isn't the Shelby GT suspension upgrade just the Ford Racing Handling Pack anyways?

Bullitt 2597 7/12/07 08:10 AM

Correction there are no suspension upgrades on the up fitter package. Soooo.... looks like the new Bullitt is a rebadged CS.

Knight Rider 7/12/07 08:14 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO :banghead: :shame:

DAM you Ford, you :filters: this one up

ZipZap04 7/12/07 09:30 AM

What a minute... where's this order guide?