2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

08 Bullitt, or wait for 09 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/08, 02:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
Sounds like that dealer is collecting cars, not selling them - they certainly won't sell at a markup like that.
Dealer ADM is common in this area. Back in 2005, the V6 was 3k ADM and the GT was 6k. Last spring, this dealer sold both an SGT and GT500 at those prices; but not right away.

Originally Posted by RCSignals
There is no across the board 'SE markup'!
You found a dealer trying to get more, but it's not hard to find a Bullitt at MSRP or below.
I agree that there is no standard SE dealer markup. But it can't be ignored either. In another thread, they're saying that Jan-Feb Bullitt production is slowed (or stopped) due to a lack of parts availability.

As they say, the fewer there are, the more expensive they'll be.
Old 1/8/08, 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
Dealer ADM is common in this area. Back in 2005, the V6 was 3k ADM and the GT was 6k. Last spring, this dealer sold both an SGT and GT500 at those prices; but not right away.

I agree that there is no standard SE dealer markup. But it can't be ignored either. In another thread, they're saying that Jan-Feb Bullitt production is slowed (or stopped) due to a lack of parts availability.

there are dealers still who add some ADM to every single Mustang they have on the lot. It doesn't mean much.

A dealer using the production slow down to try to justify adding an ADM is weak. There are already Bullitts sitting on some dealer lots, and in a short time the plant will be prodicing them again, apparently at a faster pace.
Old 1/8/08, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
"The chances of seeing a 5.0L 4v in a 2009 Mustang"
/shakes magic 8 ball/

"No ****ing way"

Not to say you couldn't see a mach1/boss SE...
but I highly doubt the 5.0 will be ready for then.
5.4 maybe... but it'll command a price over a Mustang GT

You can't go wrong with a Bullitt...

You keep waiting, and you'll always be waiting.
People seem to forget that part, then scream like stuck pigs when it hits them.
Old 1/8/08, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

People in the know are already saying the 5.4 is being retired in the next year or so. Of course Ford would then need a replacement big-displacement engine though for it's trucks, right? And they'd be foolish not to think of cross utilization with the S197 platform, right?
6.0 maybe

(or an eco-boost V6 )
Old 1/9/08, 11:43 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
by then the new 2010 will be out.

The mod motors will be phased out eventually (2012+)

Ford does have a bunch of options v6 and v8 though, ranging from the 3.5, 3.5TT, 5.0, 5.0TT, 6.2 and possiblity of growing to a 7L
Old 1/9/08, 12:34 PM
Cobra R Member

...The mod motors will be phased out eventually (2012+)
Seems like a short time for an engine, any idea why the product life is so short? The 302 hung around for decades...
Old 1/9/08, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seems like a short time for an engine, any idea why the product life is so short? The 302 hung around for decades...
With all the advances in engine technology lately I can see Ford getting pressured into replace their drivetrain every decade at least. They've been getting heck for not having an IRS in the 'stang when it doesn't even need one.
Old 1/9/08, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, sure that was back in '05 though. Sales last year are down a pretty number. Plus when you start talking $35-40k, especially for a car manufactured to sell at $25-$34 at most, you are getting into some rather serious import competition. There's just far less people now who are going to snap up the larger run special editions with an ADM - and ebay has been proving that point rather well ever since the Bullitt started production.
Old 1/11/08, 05:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
One Denver dealership has a $25K mark-up on the Bullitt... it makes me want to buy an 05'GT and repaint it dark green,install some anthracite Bullitts and save a ton of money.
Old 1/11/08, 05:17 AM

Hi Guys...I have a dilema, I have a depost @ MSRP on a 08 Vapor GT500. I was going to order the Bullitt. However, the final cost was 11K more for the GT500. Is it worth the difference or should I just go for my original idea & get The Bullitt. I love the Bullitt but the GT500 @ MSRP & 500 HP got me going. Any comments will be appreciated.
Regards, Dave
Old 1/11/08, 06:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by gabnmantha
Hi Guys...I have a dilema, I have a depost @ MSRP on a 08 Vapor GT500. I was going to order the Bullitt. However, the final cost was 11K more for the GT500. Is it worth the difference or should I just go for my original idea & get The Bullitt. I love the Bullitt but the GT500 @ MSRP & 500 HP got me going. Any comments will be appreciated.
Regards, Dave
I toyed around with the same idea. Obviously the GT500 is the top of the line mustang (actually the GT500KR is the new king). But after reading all the reviews on the GT500 I realized that it really isn't mean't for real life roads. It's far too easy to get the wheels spinning and get the back end kicking out on you. The car is just too heavy up front.
While it would be fine for a sunday cruise on a sunny day, I don't think you'd be pleased with it as a daily driver.
And for 500HP, it's not as quick as you would think it would be.

You also have to consider the higher fuel costs and insurance costs.
In the end I realized the Bullitt gives me enough performance upgrades to make me happy, and it will be a great daily driver.
Old 1/11/08, 06:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
People in the know are already saying the 5.4 is being retired in the next year or so. Of course Ford would then need a replacement big-displacement engine though for it's trucks, right? And they'd be foolish not to think of cross utilization with the S197 platform, right?
"The chances of seeing a 5.0L 4v in a 2009 Mustang"
/shakes magic 8 ball/

"No ****ing way"

Not to say you couldn't see a mach1/boss SE...
but I highly doubt the 5.0 will be ready for then.
5.4 maybe... but it'll command a price over a Mustang GT
You can't go wrong with a Bullitt...
You keep waiting, and you'll always be waiting.
I think Boomer is right, especially if they are trying to reach that future 35mpg CAFE standard.
It would be more likely to see a supercharged V6 than a big truck engine in the Stang.
Old 1/11/08, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Can you elaborate on where you heard this by chance about the 5.4? I know its getting a power boost for the 09 f150 and all info will be out on Sunday. Rumor has it at 320hp and 380 ft lbs. Unfortunately, this will be the top of the line engine in the 150 at start up. There will be no v6 and the 4.6 will be a 3 valve engine. THese are all rumors of course. Its sad Ford is being trumped by everybody else with the weakest engines in a f150 of all things.

The 5.8/6.2 is still on the table from what I can gather and Im thinking this would be a match made in heaven for a mustang. Thats what Im holding out for.
Old 1/11/08, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by chevys
Can you elaborate on where you heard this by chance about the 5.4? I know its getting a power boost for the 09 f150 and all info will be out on Sunday. Rumor has it at 320hp and 380 ft lbs. Unfortunately, this will be the top of the line engine in the 150 at start up. There will be no v6 and the 4.6 will be a 3 valve engine. THese are all rumors of course. Its sad Ford is being trumped by everybody else with the weakest engines in a f150 of all things.

The 5.8/6.2 is still on the table from what I can gather and Im thinking this would be a match made in heaven for a mustang. Thats what Im holding out for.
Another forum that seems to be in the know with Ford's companywide engine technology and development - or at least a lot of grounded speculation with some knowledgable steering.
Old 1/11/08, 08:56 AM
Cobra R Member

wait till the new one comes out, and if you dont like it, buy a pre-owned bullitt. let someone else take the off the lot depreciation
Old 1/11/08, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Another forum that seems to be in the know with Ford's companywide engine technology and development - or at least a lot of grounded speculation with some knowledgable steering.
So....... will the 5.8 replace the 5.4 down the road? Maybe the 5.0 replaces the 4.6 and then the top dog would be some variant of the 6.2? I realize Im grasping at straws here but this is driving me crazy.

Could you possible tell us what forum that might be as well? Thanks for anything you can share.
Old 1/12/08, 03:32 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would DEFINITELY wait for the 2010 MY, IMHO.
Old 1/12/08, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Poco
One Denver dealership has a $25K mark-up on the Bullitt... it makes me want to buy an 05'GT and repaint it dark green,install some anthracite Bullitts and save a ton of money.
Poco, I was a little dissapointed seeing the Bullitt parked next to my 06 GT because it looked so plain like the cheapest model of the V6.
Taking into account the mods that I put into my GT it is still less then what the dealers here in NY want for the Bullitt.
I mentioned this on another thread and got hammered by the bullitthead cult. Im a mustang guy but refuse to wear the same sneakers as everyone else and wait for haileys comet to come and rescue us.
Ford really dropped the ball on this one with their supply problems. With the way the economy is there isnt alot of people buying right now.
Old 1/12/08, 09:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Avi8tor767
Poco, I was a little dissapointed seeing the Bullitt parked next to my 06 GT because it looked so plain like the cheapest model of the V6.
Taking into account the mods that I put into my GT it is still less then what the dealers here in NY want for the Bullitt.
I mentioned this on another thread and got hammered by the bullitthead cult. Im a mustang guy but refuse to wear the same sneakers as everyone else and wait for haileys comet to come and rescue us.
Ford really dropped the ball on this one with their supply problems. With the way the economy is there isnt alot of people buying right now.
No, you got hammered because I believe you said that your 06GT with a CAI was a performance match for the Bullitt.
But with 3.73 gears and improved supension the Bullitt will run circles around your GT. To mod your GT up to Bullitt specs will cost you more in the long run than buying a Bullitt.
And it's not too hard to find a Bullitt for MSRP or less- ya just need to look a little bit.
Old 1/12/08, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Avi8tor767
If you're worried about having the same car as everyone else, the Bullitt would do it since there are only 7,000 of them in the US and I don't know... say a freaking lot of regular GTs. Just trying to help out.

Quick Reply: 08 Bullitt, or wait for 09 GT?