2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Got a $$ on the Shelby charge finally!

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/06, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think 36, 970 a good deal for the Shelby GT.Some have payed 30k + for a premium GT .So whats the beef?I really think there doing all they can to give us an affordible edition of the Shelby line.

And if only a $1,000 GGT is going to stop some you from getting one well.......... ...your nuts.

I couldnt afford one the 1st time around back in the 60s & 70s.
I'm not missing the round.
Old 12/31/06, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Webba
Well I just got off the phone with my sales person and he got a memo from Ford today finally with pricing. The price for the work done at Shelby is $7800. I may be off slightly as I was so irritated with the numbers I got. Right after this I was told they would be also adding a ADM to the car. After telling me they wouldnt. So the total price would now be about 41K with the gas guzzler tax and before the ADM. For that kind of $$ Id rather have the GT500. I thought this add on for Shelby was going to be like 4k. I am just fed up and have decided to just not buy anything. I have an 06 GT and Im going to stick with it. I have always been a die hard Ford guy but I am now rethinking that as well. Why keep buying my company vehicles from a company that doesnt appreciate my business. Good luck tho those who are getting this car. And bring lube.
The problem is also the dealerships. Just look at the GT500. They truly take advantage of the supply and demand issue. The GT500 is selling for about $70,000 to $80,000. I imgine they will try to do the same thing for the Shelby GT. It is truly a shame that they ruin the experience of buying one of these. Anything for the allmighty $ I guess....
Old 1/2/07, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=05fordgt;809013]
Originally Posted by mjbarnet

Yeah dude, like Brad says, that isn't a fair thing to say at all. If what you said was true, then everyone in the world would be out to screw everyone else out of their money, no matter what kind of business they were in. I take offense to what you said, and I am sure alot of other salespeople who are on this site would be miffed at your comments as well. So, by your idiotic statement, since I treat my customers very well, and they come back to see me when they need another car, I must be trying to take advantage of them, because I'm nice to them, and do anything I can to help them get a good price. I'm sorry to hear that you have a low expectation of people's character.
Just for the record I wasnt the person who made the bad statement about Amy. I was the original person making the good statement. When you read the way the post was quoted it looks as if I was the one making the bad comment and I want to clear that up in cae someone takes it as it was me. Amy has been awesome to talk with and I again want to say thanks
Old 1/2/07, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Webba;810804]
Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Just for the record I wasnt the person who made the bad statement about Amy. I was the original person making the good statement. When you read the way the post was quoted it looks as if I was the one making the bad comment and I want to clear that up in cae someone takes it as it was me. Amy has been awesome to talk with and I again want to say thanks
I think my one sentence post has been taken out of context by some, so I apologize. When the post was made (nearly two weeks ago), the thread had a different tone and my post was meant to be tongue and cheek. It was not meant to be directed at any representative from Shelby or any salespeople on this site. It was meant to be self-deprecating because I have been taken advantage of by people who appeared very helpful, insightful, knowledgeable, et al. Google the term “confidence man” if you think I am alone in my experience.
Again, my apologizes for any one offended.
Old 1/2/07, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
Amen brother man...for that money I'll take a new 335i for +$2K

300 hp TT V6 w/ 29 mpg EPA hwy...*****in w/bavaria!

and 330 hp on the GT/CS would be *****in w/ a spoiler delete!!!!

LISTEN UP FORD, THIS IS YOUR MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!

owned by the filters
Originally Posted by amyb
My appologies to those who saw this response initially. I find myself in a position of trying to be one of the "group" but unable to respond as such. And in my position, I shouldn't.

Guys, if you want any info on the Shelby Gt, feel free to PM me or email me at amyb@shelbyautos.com I will do my best to respond timely

Amy

Info requested in this thread....

I can confirm the GG tax as being 1000.00
Our charge of 7390..
The total is 36, 970 for the shelby GT regardless if its a manual or automatic.

The 7390K includes PDI, all the labor(removal, install, test drive,) all the FFRP parts, our hood parts, painting, the striping, the security and the storage, side air bags, mats, The outsiding badging, The letters, the sill plates, dash and engine plates, the overhead and et all. it also includes the shipping back to the dealers which is huge and the control of shipping 6000 cars. I might have forgot something, but this is close.

Amy
The first response was so much saucier than this one...oh well.

If the original response was directed to me, I think you misconstrued my post, which has not been edited. My point was that for $40K, I would really consider a different car with far different amenties, but very similar power and arguably better handling (Ford's fault, not Shelby's). But I digress. And a $40K shelby GT is not unreasonable I assume with a few options and pre-ADM (which I know neither Shelby nor Ford can control). Either way, $40K is just a lot o' bills...

And I don't think my post had either innuendos or snideness...it was a few statements.

I do commend you on your commitment to your brand, company, and your customers. It really is a shame that more execs are not as involved or perceived to care as much as you clearly care about your company's product, whether you personally like it or not...

However, we have and everyone else have the right to disagree, which is why I wasn't throwing darts at anyone, but commenting on my perception of the value of a $40+K car.

Happy new year to all!
Old 1/3/07, 03:52 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mjbarnet;810879
[COLOR=black
I think my one sentence post has been taken out of context by some, so I apologize. When the post was made (nearly two weeks ago), the thread had a different tone and my post was meant to be tongue and cheek. It was not meant to be directed at any representative from Shelby or any salespeople on this site. It was meant to be self-deprecating because I have been taken advantage of by people who appeared very helpful, insightful, knowledgeable, et al. Google the term “confidence man” if you think I am alone in my experience. [/COLOR]
Again, my apologizes for any one offended.

MJ , I totally agree, you have the right to disagree and you have the right to tell me so, you dont have the right to insult me or shelby. You can of course do that, but then I have the right to nolonger post here. On posting and emails, you have to be careful, it's hard to see facial expressions and understand meaning. I wasn't the only one who took your initial post wrong, as I have an inbox full of others responses.

MJ, I am a big Girl, I can take Criticism I expect an adult conversation between people who disagree, nothing more. I post on these sites at a huge risk. I get feedback from "many" that I expose us and ford, that said I think it's important to stay close to the customers.

Your appology is accepted. Thank you

Amy
Old 1/3/07, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear amyb, Welcome to the world of the ( Mustang ) car enthusiast ! It is has been and will be a emotional, opinionated and sometimes volatile world! You probable are starting to realize you are riding in the (Eye Of The Storm!) don't worry it will get worse!.. You are going to catch heck about to low of production.. to high of production.. and the price of the basic Shelby Auto Inc conversion price on the 2007 Shelby GT. I personally am amazed by the complaints on pricing! what do people think Shelby Auto is a non-profit organization? I think most don't realize how much of this is out of your hands! Keep your Gym membership! because a 6000 unit production run on the GT ( I personally think is good for the Shelby Auto Facility) breaks down to about 1.5 Shelby GT's per Dealer! Many of these cars will never reach the sale floor! and ones that do, it will be hammer time on the ADM's! Then theres the second wave! once the Shelby GT hits the market place every aspect of the the GT is going to analyzed to the most minute detail! any mistakes, errors or quality issues will be magnified ten fold!.. but hey! thats why you get paid the big bucks!.. .. So Good Luck ! and Cowboy up!... PS: my Boss ( wife ) and I have a nice little beach house on the Oregon Coast if you ever need a hideout!...
Old 1/4/07, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just to set the record straight AGAIN I was not the one posting the miscontrued comments about Shelby. For whatever reason when the post has been quoted it captures my post that someone quoted and replied to. Confused yet?
Old 1/4/07, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I figured there would be ADM charges.....

I think I will stick with my Vert!
Old 1/7/07, 09:12 PM
GT Member

I though I knew everything ha - ha but I don't - could someone please explain to me what ADM charges stand for??? Is it like a dealers mark-up??? Mr.GT350 Randy Anderson
Old 1/7/07, 10:58 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Additional dealer markup.