2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

A few questions for amyb.

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/06, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may be a dumb and insensitive question, but what will happen to Shelby American should (God forbid) something happen to Carroll? How is he doing, health-wise? If production ceases and new models don't get built after he's gone, then the few Shelby GTs that do get produced could become collectable very quickly. It is one of my fears that Carroll will pass before I can actually meet him. There are few legends left to admire these days. Carroll is one of them.
Old 11/13/06, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ms. Amy,

Will the 54U - Shelby GT Upfitter's Package be:

1. An option in box that you check like 64W - 18” Polished Wheels?

2. A seperate sticker like they do with Steeda? Where the dealer can charge MSRP or more for the vehicle?
Old 11/13/06, 04:05 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by backafter20
This may be a dumb and insensitive question, but what will happen to Shelby American should (God forbid) something happen to Carroll? How is he doing, health-wise? If production ceases and new models don't get built after he's gone, then the few Shelby GTs that do get produced could become collectable very quickly. It is one of my fears that Carroll will pass before I can actually meet him. There are few legends left to admire these days. Carroll is one of them.
Ok, I expected this at somepoint. Carrol is fine, he will out live us all, that said, he is intimately involved in the 3 year plan and has approved and worked on everything. Nothing should stop. They are still making ferrari's

amy
Old 11/13/06, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Reverend
Ms. Amy,

Will the 54U - Shelby GT Upfitter's Package be:

1. An option in box that you check like 64W - 18†Polished Wheels?

2. A seperate sticker like they do with Steeda? Where the dealer can charge MSRP or more for the vehicle?

There will be a shelby sticker on the car.

Amy
Old 11/13/06, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by amyb
Ok, I expected this at somepoint. Carrol is fine, he will out live us all, that said, he is intimately involved in the 3 year plan and has approved and worked on everything. Nothing should stop. They are still making ferrari's

amy
Theres the key words "the 3 year plan" .....more comin
Old 11/13/06, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear about the "plan". Better to hear that Carroll's doing great. He's got to be enjoying working with Ford again, huh? I am seriously interested in the GT if the dealers will let me have one at a decent price. Thanks Amy!
Old 11/14/06, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

A question about the Shelby CS6 / CS8 Package. $14,999.00
How much is paint and labor? "Minus paint and labor."
Old 11/14/06, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by The Reverend
A question about the Shelby CS6 / CS8 Package. $14,999.00
How much is paint and labor? "Minus paint and labor."
Shelby sells these as parts package for you to have installed and painted on your own.
Old 11/15/06, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Arrow The Snake Logo - Why Not !!!!!!!

Amy,

I'm not sure if anyone has actually tried to pin you or Carroll down, but I find it really hard to believe your not adding the snake logo on the sides removing the stock GT insignia.

I've been fooling with Mustangs since my first 1966 and for the life of me I just don't see why it is striped as a Shelby GT, but lacks the snake.

Shelby, The Cobra Snake, & Mustangs just go together and would add value.

Is there something we are missing in the marketing of the car. I think it is really great you take time out of your busy day to stay in touch with the many websites that cover mustangs...

Keep up the good work and after market parts........
Old 11/15/06, 10:00 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

At the SEMA show the Shelby GT had the "Powered by Ford" emblem (as seen on the 1960s Shelby Cobra roadsters) in place of the GT emblem. I'm sure someone can dig up that link.
Old 11/15/06, 11:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
At the SEMA show the Shelby GT had the "Powered by Ford" emblem (as seen on the 1960s Shelby Cobra roadsters) in place of the GT emblem. I'm sure someone can dig up that link.
Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails A few questions for amyb.-fender-badge.jpg  
Old 11/16/06, 10:32 AM
GT Member

Amy - Sure would like to see a 2008/2009 GT-350. Any Chance?

Hi AMY

I've been a Mustang fan since the 64 N.Y. World's Fair, I was way to young to buy a new Shelby then - when they first came out in 65-70... But I had a used 67 GT-500 which I restored from 79-89...
The new GT-500 is great but the average Joe is left on the side line drooling because he CAN NOT afford the $20,000 mark-up...I hope the same DOES NOT happen with the 2007 Shelby GT ...

You mentioned a 3 year plan/program etc. with Mr. Shelby's involvement..... Are you saying that at the end of 3 years no more Shelby Mustangs????? Again I pray to god the Mr. Shelby does at least a five year run like the orignal 65-70 run... Their are alot of guys like myself who have families and who have understand wives who may let me buy a $35 to $40,000 dollar Shelby Mustang because they know it's my dream... But I have to out wait the mark up.... The longer the run the better the chance of a fair deal/price on a car....

Also I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A GT-350 with the 2003 cobra motor with a supercharger, and a automatic ( a rarer car) like in the Shelby GT... A GT-350 WOULD be a much better car than the GT-500 - MUCH lighter, BETTER handling, FASTER stopping, and maybe even a close race against a much heavy GT-500....

One more thing I tend to agree with others on this site the Shelby GT-H and the upcoming Shelby GT are REAL SHELBYS because their final build is the Shelby factory... Where as the Shelby GT-500 is a Ford factory built car with Shelby badges with advice from Mr.Shelby... Like the 1968 - thru - 1970 Shelby Mustangs they are NOT TRUE Shelby Mustangs.... IF a GT350 is to be built I hope it's built at the Shelby plant...

Amy - no - as a joke LOL - I know you most likely will NOT answer this question but I'm going to ask you directly and to the point- Is their ANY chance of a 2008 / 2009 Shelby Mustang GT350 ????????? The best way around this question is to side step the question.... But the question has been ask on this site - directly to you.... If you can't answer the question - then it answers my question confirming their is a strong chance, if you say NO then it ends a hope and dream of many Shelby/ Mustang fans.... And ofcourse if you outright said YES - I'd be shocked by a straight forward positive reply...I've seen many on this site skirt around the question of a future GT350 I think this is the first time it's been asked as a direct YES or NO... I am sorry to put you on the spot, you sound like a really great person who really cares about the company she runs and the Shelby fans on this site... You are a very rare and special person to actual come to this site and answer our questions, this is the facts as I see it - trust me I NEVER kiss up - period...

The last cool Mustang that came out ( besides the Shelbys) was the 2003 Mustang Mach 1 which I was lucky enough to get one... I need a Shelby GT350 to feel complete................................. Randy Anderson
Old 11/16/06, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Randy the way she has answered my wuestions about a GT-350 and others tells me that they are working on this with Ford and there must be some final legal hurdles or financial things to settle. Also, the Shelby GT is almost out. If they announce the GT-350 right now how many GT's do you think will sell? Nowhere near as many. Personally I am very confident we will see a GT-350 again. Now will we be able to wait long enough and not go insane is another question
Old 11/21/06, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by tapd117
Amy,

I'm not sure if anyone has actually tried to pin you or Carroll down, but I find it really hard to believe your not adding the snake logo on the sides removing the stock GT insignia.

I've been fooling with Mustangs since my first 1966 and for the life of me I just don't see why it is striped as a Shelby GT, but lacks the snake.

Shelby, The Cobra Snake, & Mustangs just go together and would add value.

Is there something we are missing in the marketing of the car. I think it is really great you take time out of your busy day to stay in touch with the many websites that cover mustangs...

Keep up the good work and after market parts........
Hi, and thanks.....

I think there is a split camp on the tiffiny snake. Some like it, some don't, thats at shelby and ford. I am not sure but please correct me, was the snake a big icon on the older mustangs? Cobra was used a lot by ford in the "not shelby years" . I think the main reason is that the Shelby name is most important, and we want to highlight that and not confuse.

Amy
Old 11/21/06, 08:39 PM

I've been a Mustang fan since the 64 N.Y. World's Fair, I was way to young to buy a new Shelby then - when they first came out in 65-70... But I had a used 67 GT-500 which I restored from 79-89...
The new GT-500 is great but the average Joe is left on the side line drooling because he CAN NOT afford the $20,000 mark-up...I hope the same DOES NOT happen with the 2007 Shelby GT ...

You mentioned a 3 year plan/program etc. with Mr. Shelby's involvement..... Are you saying that at the end of 3 years no more Shelby Mustangs????? Again I pray to god the Mr. Shelby does at least a five year run like the orignal 65-70 run... Their are alot of guys like myself who have families and who have understand wives who may let me buy a $35 to $40,000 dollar Shelby Mustang because they know it's my dream... But I have to out wait the mark up.... The longer the run the better the chance of a fair deal/price on a car....

we are working on a 3 year plan, we hope to repeat, so the plan is longer, 3 years is for first run vehicles.....

Also I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A GT-350 with the 2003 cobra motor with a supercharger, and a automatic ( a rarer car) like in the Shelby GT... A GT-350 WOULD be a much better car than the GT-500 - MUCH lighter, BETTER handling, FASTER stopping, and maybe even a close race against a much heavy GT-500....

>> we would love to do a gt350 too, with a lot of power

One more thing I tend to agree with others on this site the Shelby GT-H and the upcoming Shelby GT are REAL SHELBYS because their final build is the Shelby factory... Where as the Shelby GT-500 is a Ford factory built car with Shelby badges with advice from Mr.Shelby... Like the 1968 - thru - 1970 Shelby Mustangs they are NOT TRUE Shelby Mustangs.... IF a GT350 is to be built I hope it's built at the Shelby plant...

>> we dont agree. The Gt500 is as much shelby as any other car. The plant doesnt make the difference, the input does. Carroll had a lot of input on the GT500, hhe owns one, and 4 of us at shelby are waiting for ours, so if we think its a shelby, then you should too.

Amy - no - as a joke LOL - I know you most likely will NOT answer this question but I'm going to ask you directly and to the point- Is their ANY chance of a 2008 / 2009 Shelby Mustang GT350 ????????? The best way around this question is to side step the question.... But the question has been ask on this site - directly to you.... If you can't answer the question - then it answers my question confirming their is a strong chance, if you say NO then it ends a hope and dream of many Shelby/ Mustang fans.... And ofcourse if you outright said YES - I'd be shocked by a straight forward positive reply...I've seen many on this site skirt around the question of a future GT350 I think this is the first time it's been asked as a direct YES or NO... I am sorry to put you on the spot, you sound like a really great person who really cares about the company she runs and the Shelby fans on this site... You are a very rare and special person to actual come to this site and answer our questions, this is the facts as I see it - trust me I NEVER kiss up - period...

>>> ok, we want to build a gt350, but it is very difficulkt at this point, it needs to have a lot of power, pass epa and nitsa and all the other requirements. If this car is done, it will be a while. we are looking into the feasability of it, but it is not on the offical plan yet. I wish I could give you more, I cant as I dont have it. And I have to focus on the cars at hand......shelby Gt, 40th anniversary car, a possible new GT-H , and???

hang in, I will tell you when I know more and if I get yelled at, for saying too much, I am sending them your way....lol

Amy

The last cool Mustang that came out ( besides the Shelbys) was the 2003 Mustang Mach 1 which I was lucky enough to get one... I need a Shelby GT350 to feel complete................................. Randy Anderson[/quote]
Old 11/21/06, 11:21 PM
GT Member

Amy,

Thank you lots for answering some of my questions, I'd like to clear things up alittle - what I stated above about the new GT500 not being a true Shelby compared to the GT-H or the new upcoming Gt - unless built at the Shelby factory was based on everything I've read over many years in print in many articles that only 1965 - 1967 were true Shelbys...

Also while attending my first Shelby (SAAC) convention back in 1983 in Dearborn (even though it was 24 years ago) I clearing remember Carroll Shelby in a speach at the convention one night stating that ONLY the early year cars were true Shelby cars ( all out road racers/ road cars) and begining with the 1968 model were less all out road cars - not to his liking, more Ford less Shelby... I naturally assumed at the time, he was refering to Ford taking over Shelby conversion after losing the leasing rights on the hangers at LAX airport.... Of course Carroll was working for one of the other Big 3 at the time (remember the Dodge Shelby Charger) and was not a big fan of Ford... Very impressive speach by the way...
My point I DO REMEMBER his SPEACH - I WAS THEIR - thus my statement.... I'm sorry if my statement offended you concerning the new GT500 not being a true Shelby.... I base the above statement on first hand info...As far as Carroll's involvement in the making of the new GT500 - you would know more than I... I've only met him 4 times and talk to him twice.... Your lucky to really know a automotive legend like Carroll... I know Carroll has a black GT500 and as you stated 4 of you are awaiting delivery - enjoy your cars... Again understand my statement was based on a actual event/ experience of my life not a - just a off the cuff snipe at the GT500....

I'm very happy Amy that you replied to my posting concerning the future possiblities of a GT350... This is the part of my posting that I thought you might be angry about... Putting you on the spot - the direct question of YES or NO on a future GT350... And you answered just about what EVERYONE on this site was HOPING to hear.... Yes - but not for a while and only if everything works out ok.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH.... I'VE GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED..... THAT IS ALL I WAS HOPING YOU SAY... Thanks again.... That will give me time to save, by then maybe all $20,000 mark-ups will fade away to a more reasonable pricing.... It would be great if I could use my X - plan on a new GT350.....

AMY - I hope you'll always be this straight forward as you have been, people on this site as you can guess love Mustangs and Shelbys and your input adds greatly to this site... By the way - when was Carroll born? The reason I ask is my father is his age, my Dad was born on Febuary 17th 1923... He is 83 and half years young same as Carroll...

I look forward to any and all updates on a future GT350... As I stated before Carroll can't have a GT500 WITHOUT also offering it's stable mate the GT350... It's a shame that they both couldn't be offered at the same time as they did back in the 60's.... When I got my drivers license back in 1974 the country was going through it's first oil embargo and everyone and their brothers were dumping their high performance V8s ( great time to buy some cheap future classics I know I did) and now were seeing FINALLY performance cars coming back into the spotlight- all I have to say is - IT'S ABOUT TIME.....RANDY ANDERSON
Old 11/22/06, 12:12 AM
GT Member

Another quick question or two for Amy... You stated that 4 of you were awaiting GT500s....Amy are you one of the four??? Also how many of you at the Shelby factory have orders for the new Shelby GT??? I really like the black Shelby GT if I had the money I'd order one of those today - instead of waiting for the GT350.... It looks really bad....Thank God I don't it forces me to wait for the GT350... Again the Shelby GT is a GREAT looking car....

I recently asked about an automatic in a future GT350 and was slightly flamed by one member.... And you kind of defended the automatic transmission thing stating at 83 even Carroll was asking about a automatic for the GT500, is their any chance of Ford granting that wish for Carroll in a 2008 GT500s and a (maybe) future GT350s???? I see the Shelby GT is offered with a automatic.... It would make for a rarer car....Randy Anderson
Old 11/22/06, 01:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Exclamation All Those New After Market Parts

Originally Posted by amyb
Hi, and thanks.....

I think there is a split camp on the tiffiny snake. Some like it, some don't, thats at shelby and ford. I am not sure but please correct me, was the snake a big icon on the older mustangs? Cobra was used a lot by ford in the "not shelby years" . I think the main reason is that the Shelby name is most important, and we want to highlight that and not confuse.

Amy
Thank you for the reply to my original post. I went to the your website and reviewed all these wonderful new aftermarket Mustang Shelby parts,

When does coming soon mean???

I'll take just about one of everything, they are exceptionally well done.
Based on pictures they must really be cool.

I had to go round the world just to find some Carroll Shelby center caps for my 05 Mustang GT Bullit Wheels.

GG
Old 11/24/06, 11:36 PM
GT Member

Another quick question - I saw something recently about all the parts that will go into the new Shelby GT - and it said something about adjustments so the car would take premium fuel? Is that correct that the engine will reqiure premium fuel???? Something like my 2003 Mach 1? A extra 25 horse power but it needs say 91 octane? If I read it wrong or misunderstood - my mistake... Randy Anderson
Old 11/25/06, 09:02 PM

Another quick question or two for Amy... You stated that 4 of you were awaiting GT500s....Amy are you one of the four??? Also how many of you at the Shelby factory have orders for the new Shelby GT??? I really like the black Shelby GT if I had the money I'd order one of those today - instead of waiting for the GT350.... It looks really bad....Thank God I don't it forces me to wait for the GT350... Again the Shelby GT is a GREAT looking car....

yes, I am one of the 4. # are waiting for the shelby GT and one already has a white one. The shelby Gt is a good car and with the available options will be a match for any future shelby's. For the record, 3 employees also have cs6's.

I recently asked about an automatic in a future GT350 and was slightly flamed by one member.... And you kind of defended the automatic transmission thing stating at 83 even Carroll was asking about a automatic for the GT500, is their any chance of Ford granting that wish for Carroll in a 2008 GT500s and a (maybe) future GT350s???? I see the Shelby GT is offered with a automatic.... It would make for a rarer car

>>Dont know on this one, havent had time to ask.on the gt500, on the 350, we arent there yet....

Quick Reply: A few questions for amyb.