2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

A few questions for amyb.

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/06, 02:06 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Amy. I'm willing to take that chance. Love the Shelby GT but white and black just don't do it for me.
Old 12/6/06, 04:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amyb
yes, but to be honest, I should be more careful, because now I have calls saying people will wait to order their cars in blue and grey. I want to stress that there is no guarantee that there will be an 08 and there is no guarantee that we will change the colors to blue or grey. I was asked what we are looking at, so I am discussing it here, but I want to make sure that people understand when I am informing all of you of discussions being had and what is real.

Right now, we have 07 and nothing more on the Shelby GT.

Amy
Fine with me Amy! I wanted black anyways...

Still it is nice to hear what possiblities are there IF there is a second year.

Old 12/9/06, 10:57 PM

Stripe Delete

Amy,
Is it possible to get an over the top stripe delete on the Shelby GT?
Thanks,
Rick
Old 12/10/06, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

A question on colors

Amy can I ask you a question about color limitations across the Shelby models. You have mentioned the GT will have a limit of the two colors, so it wont be confussed with the GT 500. So we have the GT, the Hertz with it's unique colors of black and gold, and then the GT500. And you have hinted there may be a GT 350 someday, with I would geuss again in limited colors.

My question is then why do you feel you must distinqusih and identify each model with unique color combinations? The badges and body parts will be unique as is. And I dont see what could be wrong if some one saw a GT and thought ", look a GT 500!", then when they look closer they realize its a GT.

By limiting color combination to certain models, you limit the apeal across the whole line of Shelbys. And if a GT is mistaken for a GT500, that's brand regognition, not a bad thing. Just wondering where you are going with the colors and models.
Old 12/11/06, 01:24 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by runfox
Amy can I ask you a question about color limitations across the Shelby models. You have mentioned the GT will have a limit of the two colors, so it wont be confussed with the GT 500. So we have the GT, the Hertz with it's unique colors of black and gold, and then the GT500. And you have hinted there may be a GT 350 someday, with I would geuss again in limited colors.

My question is then why do you feel you must distinqusih and identify each model with unique color combinations? The badges and body parts will be unique as is. And I dont see what could be wrong if some one saw a GT and thought ", look a GT 500!", then when they look closer they realize its a GT.

By limiting color combination to certain models, you limit the apeal across the whole line of Shelbys. And if a GT is mistaken for a GT500, that's brand regognition, not a bad thing. Just wondering where you are going with the colors and models.
Hi,

part of limiting the colors was for uniqueness in this being our first public offerring, the other was because the parts that we had would have to be painted and we didnt want to have to match too many colors. we also wanted to have the car stand out and not be easily cloned. Maybe going forward we will open it up more, hard to tell right now.

Amy
Old 12/11/06, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by 1979Cobra
Amy,
Is it possible to get an over the top stripe delete on the Shelby GT?
Thanks,
Rick

Do you mean like a plain black car? no stripe at all? if that's the question, no, sorry, they will all have stripes.

Amy
Old 12/11/06, 08:43 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you mean like a plain black car? no stripe at all? if that's the question, no, sorry, they will all have stripes.

Amy
That's one decision I definitely agree with.
Old 12/11/06, 06:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Amy, I read that the cars will be shipped from ford with the California special front fascia and side scoops already installed by the time it gets to you, is this true?
Old 12/12/06, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fast351
Amy, I read that the cars will be shipped from ford with the California special front fascia and side scoops already installed by the time it gets to you, is this true?
That is the latest plan, but not the initial plan. WE are prepared either way if we have to do the fascias and sde scoops, or even some.

Amy
Old 12/12/06, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Shelby GT Aftermarket Parts & AmyB

Amy,

You sell a huge selection of aftermarket parts with the Shelby Logo, and I have an order pending waiting on the February delivery date. In one of my other posts I addressed the problem that many of us will not be able to buy these cars because of ADM or simply they are a limited edition.

For those of use with black and white Mustang GT's that buy the same aftermarket parts you put on a Shelby Mustang, does your company have any issues with selling the Shelby GT side stripe package?

I have a shot at a Shelby from Landers Ford in Little Rock, but nothing in writing. It seems like a real waste to dump a perfectly good low mileage black 05 GT when you can basically do as little or as much from your parts goodies.

Also I enjoy reading your posts, not enough usable info coming out yet and you must stay up all night as I see some really wild times you return post comments....

Keep up the great work, I suspect many of us will just clone a car because of the cost.

Just my thoughts........
Old 12/13/06, 06:25 PM

Hello Amy, I have noticed in some of the dealer materials that the 'X-Pipe' is not listed under the Shelby GT modifications.

Is the 'X-Pipe' being installed on Shelby GTs? (Ford Racing Part M-5251-R)

Also, why does the material advertise 319hp vs. original 325hp? What is different to the modifications to a Shelby GT from the GT-H?

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed!
Old 12/15/06, 09:46 PM

see my comments below.....

Amy,

You sell a huge selection of aftermarket parts with the Shelby Logo, and I have an order pending waiting on the February delivery date. In one of my other posts I addressed the problem that many of us will not be able to buy these cars because of ADM or simply they are a limited edition.

>>>I completely understand, but this is not in m y control. the dealers will do "supply and demand" , its also the "have
to haves" that cause this.

For those of use with black and white Mustang GT's that buy the same aftermarket parts you put on a Shelby Mustang, does your company have any issues with selling the Shelby GT side stripe package?

>> well first, you can't buy all the parts, especially the hood scoop. yes, I would have an issue with that, and that is why we are not selling certain items. My intention is not to hurt anyone, I just really want to keep the Shelby GT's real. We will have a lot of parts you can buy that will have the shelby name, but I won't sell everything, especially the stripes

I have a shot at a Shelby from Landers Ford in Little Rock, but nothing in writing. It seems like a real waste to dump a perfectly good low mileage black 05 GT when you can basically do as little or as much from your parts goodies.

>>> Again, I think its more then the sum of its parts. Its the first car in 40 years to be built by shelby. The Gt500 is the first in 40 years to carry his name on a production car. The Gt-H was the first car from shelby, but it wasn't for the public. The shelby Gt is the first car in 40 years from carroll's company made for the public. its cool. It's a shelby. If you have a mustang Gt and you love it, buy a few parts and do what makes you happy, but I can't tell you that making a poser is better then a real shelby. sorry

Also I enjoy reading your posts, not enough usable info coming out yet and you must stay up all night as I see some really wild times you return post comments....

>> I try to post when I can, which is usually when I finish my regular work. I post what I can and what I am alowed. I am already having some issues because I post.

Keep up the great work, I suspect many of us will just clone a car because of the cost.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy
Old 12/15/06, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ASU05GT
Hello Amy, I have noticed in some of the dealer materials that the 'X-Pipe' is not listed under the Shelby GT modifications.

Is the 'X-Pipe' being installed on Shelby GTs? (Ford Racing Part M-5251-R)

Also, why does the material advertise 319hp vs. original 325hp? What is different to the modifications to a Shelby GT from the GT-H?

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed!
Hi, The x pipe is part of the mods, its probably hidden in the power pak. The hp on the car is the same as the GT-H, the problem is when we EPA tested it came out lower, so we are not sure if the test was different, or the GT-H was 319 too even though we were told 325. we ran it again it was 320, so we are saying 319, but with the other upgrades and the bigger rear, it certainly feels like more

Amy
Old 12/17/06, 07:42 PM

Amy,

Thanks for all your helpful information regarding the Shelby GT

I have placed my order with my local Ford dealer for the Shelby GT, but I still am a little bit confused with the supercharger option.

- Will the supercharger be available for purchase on the Shelby Autos website, or is local pickup in Vegas the only way to get the S/C??

- What is the process we have to go through to order the S/C??

Thanks,
Luke
Old 12/18/06, 11:02 AM
GT Member

Hello Amy,
A few more questions...

Does the Shelby GT come with front seat side-mounted air bags?
Does it come with the 3.73 or the 3.55 axle?
Will it still pass a smog test with the new engine calibration?

Thanks,
~Ray
Old 12/23/06, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by GTHERO
Amy,

Thanks for all your helpful information regarding the Shelby GT

I have placed my order with my local Ford dealer for the Shelby GT, but I still am a little bit confused with the supercharger option.

- Will the supercharger be available for purchase on the Shelby Autos website, or is local pickup in Vegas the only way to get the S/C??

- What is the process we have to go through to order the S/C??

Thanks,
Luke
Yes, the sc will be available and you will need to pick up in vegas, we are working this all out with dealers now

thanks

Amy
Old 12/23/06, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by tifo
Hello Amy,
A few more questions...

Does the Shelby GT come with front seat side-mounted air bags?
Does it come with the 3.73 or the 3.55 axle?
Will it still pass a smog test with the new engine calibration?

Thanks,
~Ray
Hi Ray, the answer is yes, 3.55 and yes! lol

Amy
Old 12/23/06, 09:56 AM
V6 Member

Hi Ray, the answer is yes, 3.55 and yes! lol

Amy
Amy

Is the 3.55 for the automatic, too?
Old 12/23/06, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by swa737
Amy

Is the 3.55 for the automatic, too?

yes!
Old 12/23/06, 11:27 AM
V6 Member

yes!
Yes! Any update on the Supercharger...Cost? HP?

Greg

Quick Reply: A few questions for amyb.