2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

A few questions for amyb.

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/06 | 03:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by amyb
Ok, here's what I can say. We are waiting on EpA approval, so our start is dependant on that. I expect late fall, end of year start.

I am not high enough on the food chain to help,sorry, I am still waiting for my GT500....lol . But if you think a call from me will help, I will do it

Amy
If we assume the ONLY thing you are waiting for is EPA approval, then we can also assume that the options list has been finalized. True? Release date!?
Old 9/1/06 | 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Pleeeeeeeeeeez say they've added the S/C box to the options .
Old 9/1/06 | 07:55 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

All Shelby Autos has to do in considering adding the S/C option for the 4.6 without forged internals is to look at the cost and sales of comparable models of Roush, Saleen, Steeda or other similar tuners.

Individually they can make the 2000 Cobra R seem like a mass produced car.
Old 9/2/06 | 12:19 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by Romeo46LV8
If we assume the ONLY thing you are waiting for is EPA approval, then we can also assume that the options list has been finalized. True? Release date!?
Well, Correct, on the car that is the " Offered Car". This base car is being tested. There is also a calibration change at the end of the year we need to look at and see how that affects when we start. The "option" list is still being worked on.

Amy
Old 9/7/06 | 02:50 PM
GT Member

Question for Amy B. If We Order A Shelby GT- Las Vegas plant tour/ Pick Up Possible?

Amy B. say I was to order a Shelby GT would it be possible for me to tour the Shelby plant and take delivery at the plant (final assembly)???? That would be very cool... I'm willing to wait a year or two for a possible Shelby GT350... My brother in-law who lives in Las Vegas for only a year has already toured your plant twice, he knows how much I love Mustangs and Shelbys and keeps begging me to come visit.... I'm sure their is a few people on this site that have thought of this... Randy Anderson
Old 9/7/06 | 02:59 PM
GT Member

I know that this question has already been asked in regards to Ford... But I'm directing and rephrasing this question to Amy B. - after all it IS her plant... Randy
Old 9/8/06 | 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Whatever it takes My Shelby GT would be ready by April I hope What is weather like in Vegas in April?
Old 9/8/06 | 12:30 PM
GT Member

I live in Vegas and drive past the factory, over by the racetrack, any day that I am trying to avoid traffic leaving the AF base. I would LOVE to pick my car up from there...it is only 4-5 miles from my house.

I do need to get over there and tour the facility. If they let me take some pics of the GTs being worked on I will post them up here.
Old 9/9/06 | 12:00 AM
V6 Member

Well, Correct, on the car that is the " Offered Car". This base car is being tested. There is also a calibration change at the end of the year we need to look at and see how that affects when we start. The "option" list is still being worked on.

Amy
Amy,
Any new developments this past week that you can share with us?
Old 9/9/06 | 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by mark1
Amy,
Any new developments this past week that you can share with us?
Hi Mark, Slow going. The EPA thing takes up to 12 weeks, that is why we feel we won't get rolling till Dec. On the options, we are fine tuning and looking at what we can show at SEMa as well.

I will post when I have more

Amy
Old 9/9/06 | 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by n3cr0mncr
I live in Vegas and drive past the factory, over by the racetrack, any day that I am trying to avoid traffic leaving the AF base. I would LOVE to pick my car up from there...it is only 4-5 miles from my house.

I do need to get over there and tour the facility. If they let me take some pics of the GTs being worked on I will post them up here.

well, I don't know if this is possible, although we have had calls from some local dealers asking if we would do this. I think logisically it might be hard. As we start to make these, I will have a better idea of how many we have physically on location and will be able to judge then. Also, would need to talk to Ford, not sure if there is some rule or legal issue....

Amy
Old 9/9/06 | 04:37 PM
V6 Member

Hi Mark, Slow going. The EPA thing takes up to 12 weeks, that is why we feel we won't get rolling till Dec. On the options, we are fine tuning and looking at what we can show at SEMa as well.

I will post when I have more

Amy
Thanks for the info. I did not see Shelby autos on the list of exhibitors for the 2006 SEMA show. Will you have a presence there and will there be a Shelby GT on display?

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.as...OWcom/HomePage

Mark
Old 9/9/06 | 07:21 PM

... The EPA thing takes up to 12 weeks...
That sounds illogical considering the Shelby GT could be mistaken as the GT-H's twin.
Old 9/9/06 | 10:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
That sounds illogical considering the Shelby GT could be mistaken as the GT-H's twin.

Illogical, yeah. Unlikely.....the epa has seldom let logic get in the way of their model efficiency before.
Old 9/10/06 | 10:44 AM

I am glad I am not the only one who tells it like it is around this joint.

Old 9/10/06 | 02:06 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The difference might be that the GT-H was modified after purchase from Ford by Hertz.
It might have been consider a "used car" (already titled to Hertz) when Shelby did the mods.

However, the Shelby GT is being modified and offered as an OEM model before the
first sale to a customer, so EPA certification would be required.
Old 9/11/06 | 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Blip
The difference might be that the GT-H was modified after purchase from Ford by Hertz.
It might have been consider a "used car" (already titled to Hertz) when Shelby did the mods.

However, the Shelby GT is being modified and offered as an OEM model before the
first sale to a customer, so EPA certification would be required.
Thank you Blip, that is absolutely correct. We didn't have to do EPA for the Gt-H, but we will now, as you pointed out.

Also to the other question, we will have all our cars and offerrings in the Ford booth.

Bullitt, Do you have an issue with the way I responded ? wasn't sure what the sarcasm was for or if it was directed at me.

Amy
Old 9/11/06 | 03:57 PM

Bullitt, Do you have an issue with the way I responded ? wasn't sure what the sarcasm was for or if it was directed at me.
Amy

No.

Were I to have an issue you would have known by now, direct and to point. I fail to see how you can detect sarcasm where there isn't any.

The association to the GT-H is valid if it is taken to account the fact that 500 of them are being or have been delivered to Hertz which in turn will eventually be auctioned off by whichever method is ultimately decided on. One can assume the EPA would insist on their seal of appoval prior to possession switching to the public.

Providing they still have an engine*, of course.

* NO SARCASM INTENDED. This is a relation to a Carroll Shelby comment during an interview from a few years past.
Old 9/11/06 | 04:28 PM
V6 Member

Bullitt,
The first time I read your Comment
"That sounds illogical considering the Shelby GT could be mistaken as the GT-H's twin."

I intrepreted it as: Amy, your comment is illogical and you don't know what you are talking about.

After I read it several times I decided that what you meant was: The EPA process must be illogical since the GT and GT-H are virtually twins.
Old 9/11/06 | 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by mark1
... I intrepreted it as...
... After I read it several times I decided that what you meant was...

That's the story of my life.
First I get stuck sleeping in the sofa, then I get kisses.

Quick Reply: A few questions for amyb.