A few questions for amyb.

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/06 | 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Any sneak peeks of the SEMA car Amy?

Cam
Old 10/27/06 | 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ya know, I'm really trying to like this car but the one thing that ****es me off is that it's only available in two colors. I'd love to see it built in Satin Silver or Tungsten Grey.
Old 10/27/06 | 08:34 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by chilli bullitt
Any sneak peeks of the SEMA car Amy?

Cam
Hi Cam, You know I would love too, but since I started posting, the guys have refused to give me photos. they know how much i want to show you stuff.....lol.

So, sorry, justa cople of more days....
Old 10/27/06 | 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by StangFreak
Ya know, I'm really trying to like this car but the one thing that ****es me off is that it's only available in two colors. I'd love to see it built in Satin Silver or Tungsten Grey.

Sorry SF, not the 07 model colors and numbers are secured.

Amy
Old 10/30/06 | 08:04 AM

Amy,

My wife and I had the pleasure of touring the factory a couple of weeks ago. We really enjoyed it. Only one problem, if you thought you wanted a shelby before you go you reallllllllllly want one when you get back.
Old 10/31/06 | 03:27 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Hmmm. I wonder what the 08 Shelby GT colors will be.
Old 10/31/06 | 06:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by amyb
Hi Cam, You know I would love too, but since I started posting, the guys have refused to give me photos. they know how much i want to show you stuff.....lol.

So, sorry, justa cople of more days....
Two thumbs up on the GT-H vert and the 40th GT500!!!! Can't wait to see more pics of them.

Cam
Old 10/31/06 | 06:42 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

A hunch, '08 Shelby GT colors: Vista Blue, Redfire, DHG, and gold stripes.
Old 11/1/06 | 08:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mtchstng
I'm thinking......POWERED BY FORD........sweet!
Good Guess! "Powered by Ford" it is. Here's a pic from the SEMA show.

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...guy4/?start=80

Mark
Old 11/2/06 | 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by mark1
Good Guess! "Powered by Ford" it is. Here's a pic from the SEMA show.

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...guy4/?start=80

Mark
Thanks, I looked at every pic I could find yesterday but none were close enough to really make out the new badge.

I'm surprised they didn't change the fake gas cap to the Mustang one like the GT-H.
Old 11/2/06 | 08:37 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Jayguy's album:
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/jayguy4/
Attached Thumbnails A few questions for amyb.-100_1334.jpg  
Old 11/2/06 | 06:17 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Amy, I had a question for you in post #20 of this thread. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...634#post772634

Just curious if the Shelby GT/GT-H Upper Grille http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=26 is metal or plastic.
Old 11/2/06 | 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Amy, I had a question for you in post #20 of this thread. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...634#post772634

Just curious if the Shelby GT/GT-H Upper Grille http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=26 is metal or plastic.
The grill is Aluminum for both.................
Old 11/2/06 | 09:09 PM

Hi Amy,

I have a deposit on a Shelby GT at a local dealer and am planning to use the car for autocross, drag, and track days.

I've already been researching brake upgrades and have found that drilled disks are not recommended.

Based on the SEMA pics so far it seems the 14" Shelby front brake upgrade is drilled and slotted.

Have these been tested on the track? If I'm going to track my car on a regular basis will these rotors hold up?

The reason I ask is because the Corvette Z06 guys have had all kinds of trouble with their drilled, 6-puck front rotors.

Thanks in advance and hope to see you when I do my Las Vegas delivery! (If Ford lets you...)

Regards,

Wayne
Old 11/6/06 | 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by houstonnw
Hi Amy,

I have a deposit on a Shelby GT at a local dealer and am planning to use the car for autocross, drag, and track days.

I've already been researching brake upgrades and have found that drilled disks are not recommended.

Based on the SEMA pics so far it seems the 14" Shelby front brake upgrade is drilled and slotted.

Have these been tested on the track? If I'm going to track my car on a regular basis will these rotors hold up?

The reason I ask is because the Corvette Z06 guys have had all kinds of trouble with their drilled, 6-puck front rotors.

Thanks in advance and hope to see you when I do my Las Vegas delivery! (If Ford lets you...)

Regards,

Wayne

Hi Wayne, this is something I can't answer, eiether call sales at las vegas office or post over on our site, in the mean time will see if I can get you an answer.

Amy
Old 11/6/06 | 01:31 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Amy,
I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but which tri-bar pony emblem are you guys using on the grille of the GT-H & the GT? It looks like it's a pretty good size relative to the size of the grille.
Old 11/9/06 | 05:53 AM
Closet American

Hey Amy:

What I'm curious to know is if I can order the Shelby GT with the red interior seats and the other options from Ford's premier trim group, like the soft touch dash, heated seats, power passenger seats, etc. I want my creature comforts...I also want the forthcoming NAV system.

Or is there no option checklist on the Shelby GT; meaning we are forced to take these cars as they are built by Shelby Automotive...in which case I'm pretty much omitted immediately.
Old 11/9/06 | 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Hey Amy:

What I'm curious to know is if I can order the Shelby GT with the red interior seats and the other options from Ford's premier trim group, like the soft touch dash, heated seats, power passenger seats, etc. I want my creature comforts...I also want the forthcoming NAV system.

Or is there no option checklist on the Shelby GT; meaning we are forced to take these cars as they are built by Shelby Automotive...in which case I'm pretty much omitted immediately.

I'm with BC_Shelby, I'd like to have the options from the premier trim group and the Nav system available.
Old 11/9/06 | 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Hey Amy:

I believe and have been told, that you will have the option to order all the things listed above. The car colors will only allow white and black, but the rest is available. You will just pay for the options you want above the car price, as with any car

Amy
Old 11/9/06 | 07:19 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by amyb
I believe and have been told, that you will have the option to order all the things listed above. The car colors will only allow white and black, but the rest is available. You will just pay for the options you want above the car price, as with any car

Amy
Now THAT'S good news, indeed!

Thanks for the prompt reply, Amy!

Although I was ALMOST hoping you were going to say "no." Now I'm faced with THREE choices to mull over:

1) Go fully-optioned GT
2) Go fully-optioned Shelby GT
3) Wait for the Bullitt

Hmmmm, with all the angst surrounding the Bullitt, here's a thought: maybe Shelby Automotive should build it!

OK, maybe not.

Quick Reply: A few questions for amyb.