2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

A few questions for amyb.

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/06, 03:29 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
A few questions for amyb.

Which parts of the Shelby GT are assembled by Ford and which are by Shelby Autos?

The process of distribution, is it controlled by Ford Motor Company or by Shelby Autos?

Are there any provisions set by Shelby Autos to regulate or prevent dealer AMVs?

Does Shelby Autos have the option to deal directly with customers as it does with other models?

Does the new Ford 60,000 power train warranty apply to the Shelby GT?

Is a spec sheet available?
- What are the details on the brakes? Rotors, pistons?

-So it says it has a shorter rear end ratio.. what gearset, 3.55, 3.73's or heaven forbid, 4.10's??? -- Scothew
Old 8/13/06, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amy, you mentioned 375 hp in one of your posts. Can the FR twin-screw supercharger part # m-6066-m463v be ordered through shelby automotive with factory warranty included? Will the polished one be available by launch time? Thanks!
Old 8/13/06, 06:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Merlot
Amy, you mentioned 375 hp in one of your posts. Can the FR twin-screw supercharger part # m-6066-m463v be ordered through shelby automotive with factory warranty included? Will the polished one be available by launch time? Thanks!
Amy was talking about the CS6 having 375hp. But she did say they are working on a supercharger being an option for the GT.
Old 8/14/06, 10:08 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Bullitt, see my responses below, will do my best to answer...

Amy

Which parts of the Shelby GT are assembled by Ford and which are by Shelby Autos?

>> If the cars arrive like the Gt-H, then the cars will come as stock Mustang Gt's. We did all the removal of parts and all install of parts. Do the calibration.We then paint all the exterior parts, and install all the parts. we then run it thru QA, test drive it near the track, and buff it out. It then gets striped. Some of the above not exactly in the right order and I might have missed something, but my point was we do the whole car.

The process of distribution, is it controlled by Ford Motor Company or by Shelby Autos?
>> The distribution will be thru Ford dealers and manged thru Ford

Are there any provisions set by Shelby Autos to regulate or prevent dealer AMVs?

> I dont know anyone who can do that, it's called free enterprise, I ghad talked to Ford about this in the past, not sure there is anything that can or will be done

Does Shelby Autos have the option to deal directly with customers as it does with other models?
>> Not on this Shelby GT. We did deal with Hertz on the GT-H

Does the new Ford 60,000 power train warranty apply to the Shelby GT?

>> good question, I can check, I am on my way to detroit now....I will ask

Is a spec sheet available?
- What are the details on the brakes? Rotors, pistons?
>> still working on this right now. But we will have shelby upgrades availaable if someone wants more then what is offerred

-So it says it has a shorter rear end ratio.. what gearset, 3.55, 3.73's or heaven forbid, 4.10's??? -- Scothew

>> The Gt-H had a 3:55, we are looking at the 3:73, I will tell you we have a manual with 4:10 and it is not what I would pick. I think 3:73 is better, if we can do that. the 3:55 is a great ride and quick as well

AMy

PS- will have more when We finalize, thanks
Old 8/14/06, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Amy you stated above that more could be had on the Shelby GT if wanted.Would we be able to upgrade the Shelby GT we order with an SC.Lets say once the order is done at the dealer can we do a follow up call to Shelby Auto with the order no# and have the SC added during build and the Shelby GT shipped?

-John
Old 8/14/06, 04:22 PM

From the pictures on the official release it seems having the 18" wheels, the rotors seem to feel the space pretty well, therefore I assume they are 14" and 13" respectively as opposed to the smaller stock rotors. Am I correct?
Old 8/14/06, 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Amy, I wanted to post a question that someone else brought up in another thread (I just didn't hear the answer). With the rocker stripe saying "Shelby GT", and the fender badge saying "GT", is there any thought of a "CS" badge, or a "Shelby Automotive" badge in the place of the GT fender badge? I think that a CS logo would look killer on the car. Any thoughts with that.
Old 8/14/06, 10:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

the shelby gt is a great example of what we true fans of classic mustangs wanted, proper stripes, no cheesy spoiler on the back the killer gt-h grille, the shelby details in the interior and classic style wheels and the classic hood scoop WTF more do you people want, a exact replica of a 1965 gt350. I am the pickyest of mustang fans and find this the percfet example of how the new shelby gt should look. I don't what more any true fan could want. The shelby letters across the back are great. My only complaint is the gt badge over the rocker stripe that could have been deleted. and a snake added, but thats minor. This is the car we have been waiting for. And still you people find the "i don't like it crowd". This car is the not over the top version. God bless ford for actuallt getting it right, So for all the nay sayers. Save you money and buy a real 65 gt350. For me this car is a perfect embodyment of the what the gt350 style should be hit the nail right on the head. Thanks ford for getting it right..A supercharger like the 65 would have been awesome but i realize cost constriant.
From true mustang fan. I'd leave it the way it is a "shelby gt" period! Thanks amy..
Old 8/15/06, 08:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe it has something to so with naming rights or whatever, but, I think I would have tried to get 350hp out of it and called it the GT350. Seems odd that they didn't.
Old 8/15/06, 10:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Maybe it has something to so with naming rights or whatever, but, I think I would have tried to get 350hp out of it and called it the GT350. Seems odd that they didn't.
Perhaps it's because there will be a GT350 sometime in the future.
Old 8/15/06, 12:41 PM

Has anyone found out if there are plans to switch the speedo and tach? I for one would like to see a Shelby tach.
Old 8/15/06, 07:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

amyb:

If you can't win the fender badge argument, I think it would be better to drop the "GT" and just have "SHELBY" in the rocker panel stripe. This would tie in with the rear, where you have the SHELBY letters and the Ford GT gas gap.
Old 8/16/06, 02:04 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by SS05GT
amyb:

If you can't win the fender badge argument, I think it would be better to drop the "GT" and just have "SHELBY" in the rocker panel stripe. This would tie in with the rear, where you have the SHELBY letters and the Ford GT gas gap.
2 more things...........
We will have a supercharger upgrade for the car and we are trying to have it ready so it's a "box chk" when you order

We have changed the fender badge, we will let you know what it is when we do...

Amy
Old 8/16/06, 02:48 PM
V6 Member

Excellent, thanks for listening!!!
When would you guess we will be able to place orders?
Old 8/16/06, 02:51 PM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thaks for your efforts Amy.
Now any chance of expanding the color options later in the production run?
Old 8/16/06, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
This Shelby GT is more Shelby and the Gt 500 is more of an SVT. The dealer mark up on this car will be astronomical........Anyone disagree????......Or is everyone else on this site rich except for me???...We know AmyB is going to be if she isn't already.
Old 8/16/06, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

WTG Amyb thanks for your efforts!....huuuuummm maybe a smaller Snake emblem?..Silver for Shelby GT and Gold for the Shelby GT350?....
Gawd an option box :Check box for Supercharger.
Early X-Mass!
Old 8/16/06, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by black sunshine
... The dealer mark up on this car will be astronomical........Anyone disagree????......
Then there will be lots of clones. Exact replicas with identical or upgraded performance from FRPP genuine parts, minus the Shelby stamp of approval.

It's a lot harder and not financially feasable to duplicate the GT500.

As for the S/C, Roush and Saleen have found out there is not that much of a market for it. Perhaps Shelby Automobiles feel they know something the others don't.
Old 8/16/06, 07:11 PM

Heck Yeah!!!! Supercharged Shelby GT !!!
Old 8/16/06, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by amyb
2 more things...........
We will have a supercharger upgrade for the car and we are trying to have it ready so it's a "box chk" when you order

We have changed the fender badge, we will let you know what it is when we do...

Amy
Heck Yeah!!!! Supercharged Shelby GT !!!!! My heart just skipped a beat! Please be true ... Please be true ... Please be true ...

Quick Reply: A few questions for amyb.