2006 Shelby GT-H and 2007 GT-H Convertible Share Your Shelby Rental Stories & Photos

2006 Hertz Shelby GT-H

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/06, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burke0011, awesome job on those beautiful photos! Especially the details you captured on the hood and side scoops.
Old 7/11/06, 08:03 PM
Cobra R Member

I absolutely love it. I'm in Daytona on vacation and saw one pass by today. I flipped out trying to get a picture with my phone to no avail. Seeing it for the first time made me want to rent one even more!
Old 7/17/06, 10:30 PM
Cobra R Member

my dad rented one in pheonix today, cant wait to see his pics. he was really happy with it. cant wait for my 07 to get here now
Old 7/17/06, 10:38 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by kh765
I absolutely love it. I'm in Daytona on vacation and saw one pass by today. I flipped out trying to get a picture with my phone to no avail. Seeing it for the first time made me want to rent one even more!

I saw one on the freeway, and let me tell you, pictures on the internet do that car a great injustice.. That car looks absolutley sick.. The presence of it is awsome.. I didnt know what it was, until it pass by me and I say the Shelby GT-H at the bottom.. LOL! I was really impressed with it in person...

Really a nice looking car.. Those things will be worth some good money later even with 50K miles on them.. I think most rental car dealers get rid of the cars at 30K.. I think those could easily pull in $30K with 30K miles on them.. Maybe more.. Maybe more like $35K with 30K miles...

Shouldnt be too long for them to get to 30K miles.. People are renting them like crazy..
Old 7/18/06, 05:05 AM
Cobra R Member

according to fords press release, they are going to pull them off between 16 and 18 thousand miles. Hopefully we car get ahold of one. need to stay on top of it
Old 7/20/06, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fast351
Well, I'll tell you my short lived story with the GT-H. I never got it!! Long story short, I reserved one for Memorial Day weekend from Hertz at LAX, 4 days before I picked it up, with a 100% confirmed reservation. Went down to pick it up on Friday afternoon, after waiting in line for 35 minutes, filling out the paperwork and waiting for Manager approval. Well anyway the manager finally comes over and says we can't rent you this car. Why, I ask. Becuase you don't have a return plane ticket. I replied your kidding, right? He says no sir. He goes on to say the are not renting the cars to locals, becuse of theft. Has anyone heard of this, ever?? I've rented plenty of cars and never heard of this. By the way none of this was mentioned during my phone reservation. Needless to say I am very pissed with Hertz, and am in the process of finding the highest person on the food chain at Hertz to give them an earful. If anyone else has rented locally with no problem, I would love to hear from you.
This is interesting because I made a reservation to secure one from Boston,MA/Logan Airport location; when I went back online and printed my confirmation, it stated: (under Warning Messages) "rental requires airline ticket-call Hertz for details" ....STAY TUNED! I'll be calling them tomorrow morning.
Old 7/20/06, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're local, you can rent one without a ticket. You will need to bring a copy of a recent utility bill, something that shows where you live, that you still live there. Should match the address on your license. I had a woman at the Hertz reservation line read me the whole paragraph, I first wrote about it in here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ighlight=Hertz
Old 7/21/06, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NolanzDad
This is interesting because I made a reservation to secure one from Boston,MA/Logan Airport location; when I went back online and printed my confirmation, it stated: (under Warning Messages) "rental requires airline ticket-call Hertz for details" ....STAY TUNED! I'll be calling them tomorrow morning.
UPDATE: I called the Boston Hertz facility and the agent confirmed that MA residents CAN NOT rent prestige vehicles due to previous thefts and stripping of parts. I'm a NH resident, so I asked if I'd be able to rent and they stated if I purchased a train ticket from NH to MA, I'd be eligible (No MA transit...MTA). What BS!..I cancelled the reservation! By the way, rate quoted for one weeks rental- $693 (that includes a 10% discount from Ford Partners Program), includes 525 free miles, then .35 for each extra mile.
Old 7/22/06, 12:18 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by NolanzDad
You know its not like the GT-H has a Blown 5.4L.. I think Hertz is getting outta hand alittle..

I think it would have been much better to see a GT500-H.. If Shelby were really serious, he would also create a GT500-H.. A GT-H is much like a standard GT on steroids and good looks..

I would much rather pay $200 bucks for a one day spin in a GT500-H..
Old 7/22/06, 11:48 PM
Cam Tease

[quote=MSP]If Shelby were really serious, he would also create a GT500-H.. /quote]

Since when do organizations of attention seeking badge-appliers possess gender differentiation?
Old 8/21/06, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anybody else think that Shelby is slapping his name on too many products these last few years? This GT-H is only going to confuse the general public. I've already had to explain to three people who saw one of these on the streets that its a different Shelby than the Cobra one.

They thought they could rent the real 500hp Shelby when in reality they can only rent a regular GT with a body kit, some stripes, and a few performance upgrades.

Sure, its pretty cool looking. I'm just saying, the Shelby name will mislead the general (naive) public.

EDIT: Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was reading an Autoweek that said a limited number of GT-H will be made available to the public. So if you want one, you don't have to get a beat up Hertz after its lease is up.
Old 8/21/06, 06:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by WarningSLO
EDIT: Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was reading an Autoweek that said a limited number of GT-H will be made available to the public. So if you want one, you don't have to get a beat up Hertz after its lease is up.
Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Old 5/16/07, 05:19 PM

i just bought one.. "#28" and i love it... well atleast when my wife isn't in it!...they are cool....dave
Old 5/16/07, 07:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
congrats Gt-h28
Old 10/29/07, 07:25 AM

The old b&Whites are cool to see. After all this is where it all started. Nice.