2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Shelby Sway bars & Link Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/10, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Rich is going with Ford Racing/Shelby branded parts, no?

I like my Steeda billet mounts, though now I see those UMI with the Zerks and wish I'd gotten them.

My front swaybar endlinks are great, and I do believe there's enough surface area for a yellow Ford Racing sticker!
Old 11/8/10, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09

I like my Steeda billet mounts, though now I see those UMI with the Zerks and wish I'd gotten them.

My front swaybar endlinks are great, and I do believe there's enough surface area for a yellow Ford Racing sticker!
I discovered the Steeda billet mounts preclude use of the Steeda bracket braces. When I asked the Steeda 'phone dude which was the better option, original brackets with brace or billet brackets without, he said the former. So that's what I have on both cars. Should I have disbelieved him?
Old 11/8/10, 08:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by frank s
I discovered the Steeda billet mounts preclude use of the Steeda bracket braces. When I asked the Steeda 'phone dude which was the better option, original brackets with brace or billet brackets without, he said the former. So that's what I have on both cars. Should I have disbelieved him?

I know they won't work with the tubular radiator support, confirmed by Steeda but I never asked why.

I run their billet swaybar brackets.
Old 11/8/10, 09:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

O-come on,,I like my stickers ,and it just a sticker ,it will come off easy, don't be a sticker hater
Old 11/8/10, 10:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
O-come on,,I like my stickers ,and it just a sticker ,it will come off easy, don't be a sticker hater
Not a sticker hater here! I think they're quite cool, and numerous. Just saying, Shelby's stuff is basically just stickers on someone else's stuff, so you can do the same and put Ford Racing on some better quality pieces, if you're so inclined. You might not have the problems with the endlinks I had, though.

And I'm thinking Sam didn't realize you were trying to keep the car pure, FRPP or Shelby stuff from what I can see.

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
I know they won't work with the tubular radiator support, confirmed by Steeda but I never asked why.

I run their billet swaybar brackets.
Don't tell me that, it's sitting in the garage with the Mishimoto waiting for enough free weekend time to get them on. Why don't they fit??

Originally Posted by frank s
They do in their original form, but I ground off the edges of the brace to fit in the opening of the billet mounts. Probably weakened the overall help from these, but was pissed Steeda would be so brazen as to make two highly related parts not work with each other as designed, and not mention it anywhere in the product description for either.
Now it seems that's not uncommon from them if those brackets don't fit the lightweight radiator support...

Thinking of getting a better brace anyhow, has a spacer with a lower mounting point under the sway bar mount:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_2123wt_1165

Old 11/8/10, 10:45 PM
Cobra Member

Don't tell me that, it's sitting in the garage with the Mishimoto waiting for enough free weekend time to get them on. Why don't they fit??

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43670
Old 11/9/10, 09:07 AM
Cobra Member

Just love how they do this, develop each part in a vacuum and never test them together, or at least never let their customers know about it.