2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

ordering times

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/06, 06:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ordering times

When you have ordered your new car, how long does it take to get a build date, vin number etc. I ordered mine, a GT/SC in blue, two weeks ago. It take a couple of days to move the deposit across, so the dealer was able to confirm the order last week. I can not just call in to the dealers, 4000 miles away! and I don't want to keep emailing unnecessary. I notice from some of your signatures that you seem to know exactly when your car is being build and delivered.
Old 10/4/06, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

That Mustang will be looking good on the streets in Staffordshire. Congrats. I'm not sure how to answer your question but, I wanted to let you know that I sure did not get that much information about build dates etc. from my sales guy. Some people fill in the information AFTER the car is delivered. Did you go with LoneStar Ford? How will the car be delivered to the freight carrier?
Old 10/4/06, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

UK there is an "800" number and process you can use to check the daily status of your order called the ERL system.

I did a quick search but couldn't find the post where Cochise had included all the information and phone number...it was a recent post either in the Order Status or California Special Forums.....you will need:

1. the 800 number
2. your dealer number
3. your order number
4. your model number, i.e. "T85" is a GT convertible
5. your VIN (in case you need to call a customer rep if the ERL system doesn't recognize your information.

I believe this list is complete - but can anyone jump in an make sure my data is correct?

Good luck with your order!!
Old 10/4/06, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

ERL Tracking

You need to get a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) from the dealer. Once you have that you call follow the process in the attached:
Attached Files
Old 10/5/06, 01:42 AM
V6 Member

Thanks guys for the quick answers.
Old 10/5/06, 01:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
That Mustang will be looking good on the streets in Staffordshire. Congrats. I'm not sure how to answer your question but, I wanted to let you know that I sure did not get that much information about build dates etc. from my sales guy. Some people fill in the information AFTER the car is delivered. Did you go with LoneStar Ford? How will the car be delivered to the freight carrier?
Yes I did go with Loan Star Ford, they will delivery it to the shipping agents. This is only 16 miles, and then it will be containerized for shipping to the UK. Then when it gets through UK customs I will need to change some of the lights. In the UK we have to have white side lamps at the front not amber and the rear indicator need to be amber in color and no flashing brake lights.
Old 10/20/06, 06:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by UK pony
Yes I did go with Loan Star Ford, they will delivery it to the shipping agents. This is only 16 miles, and then it will be containerized for shipping to the UK. Then when it gets through UK customs I will need to change some of the lights. In the UK we have to have white side lamps at the front not amber and the rear indicator need to be amber in color and no flashing brake lights.

If you need to find those special lights (front and rear) and you cannot locate them, just let me know I know a good spot to get quality ones. And NO, I'm not a reseller nor am I bringing business in for anyone. Just care to help Good luck to you!