2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

New to me 2007 GT/CS Performance White

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/21, 07:47 PM
GT Member

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts
Thank you Rocky and Shane and everyone else!

My family thanks you all for these words. You don't think it... this being a forum and all but many here build bonds and friendships and never actually meet the user. But we are so much like family its crazy.

Cheers

Nem
The following 3 users liked this post by Nemisus:
m05fastbackGT (12/9/21), NC14GT (12/9/21), shaneyusa (12/12/21)
Old 12/9/21, 08:46 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,606 Posts
Perfectly well said Joseph and could not agree more
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (12/12/21)
Old 5/19/22, 07:21 PM
GT Member

Greetings friends,

It's been a while since I checked in so I thought I'd wander in and say hello!

not much has changed since my last visit other than the weather is finally nice enough to clean up the special and drive it more frequently. For awhile I looked at it sitting there for so long that I even considered selling it. Blasphemy... that would be a terrible thing to do.

Anyway,

Hope everyone is well.

Cheers

Nem
The following 2 users liked this post by Nemisus:
NC14GT (5/22/22), shaneyusa (5/22/22)
Old 5/22/22, 06:28 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 953 Likes on 581 Posts
The activity here on the site has dwindled quite a bit, but some are still here.
My wife and I just returned form a week's trip to the Outer Banks here in NC. I'll be posting a thread with some photos eventually.
Nemisus (5/24/22)
Old 5/22/22, 11:28 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Glad to hear you are still with us. Hope you can get the car out and enjoy it soon! You just got the baby put back together, you can't sell her.
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
NC14GT (5/23/22), Nemisus (5/24/22)
Old 5/23/22, 07:55 AM
GT Member

Hey Shane and NC,

Thanks for the replies. Spent some time with it yesterday cleaning it up some. Major difference when its clean. I still need to get on jacks and do a once over of everything but I am getting to the point where crawling on the ground is very tough on me. Think I need to start considering a lift of sorts in the garage. Fortunately the garage ceiling is designed for it!

Lately our time is consumed by our recent acquisition of our most recent project. Few months back we sold our 25 foot Komfort bumper pull trailer as we decided we needed something bigger. Even traded our Jeep and Gasser Super Duty on a new Power Stroke Diesel Super Duty so we could get us a 5th wheel and have more room and pulling power. The cost of anything RV has gone up so much that it just didn't work out like we had planned. That is until I stumbled upon a 99 Rexhall Anthem 34 foot diesel pusher the owner was desperate to move. We ended up getting it for a steel but it is a project. The Chassis is in great working condition and had a good deal of money tossed at it for maintenance. New air bag suspension, shocks, 6 tires all around, and a 4 page list of drive train maintenance. A little over 17k in work to get it road worthy. We paid significantly less than the amount put into it. That said, it was a live in. The home part of this Motorhome was very neglected. Really not sure how anyone would have wanted to live in it? Since we took ownership we've done a reasonable amount of work and upgrades to the home. Have had it out twice and put about 2k miles on it. Runs and drives perfect and as of now everything works as its intended. We did have to tear out the shower to get under it for cleaning purposes so we are waiting on parts to get that finished.

It's been fun and a different type of project that I am used to.

Camping season is certainly upon us so it'll be nice this summer.

Cheers

Nemi
The following 3 users liked this post by Nemisus:
m05fastbackGT (5/23/22), NC14GT (5/23/22), shaneyusa (5/23/22)
Old 5/23/22, 02:06 PM

Hey there Joseph! After all the hard earned work you've put into your GT/CS it would really be a shame if you ever decided to sell her.. I know that for some a car is just a car, but when it comes to those of us who are true Mustang enthusiasts, our rides are far more than just cars to us, they are an extension of who we are as individuals and also have such a huge impact upon our daily lives by how they provide us with so much enjoyment and pleasure every time we get the privilege in being able to drive, own and admire them.

Therefore, the next time the thought of selling your GT/CS pops into your head, just remember back to the advice provided in this post lol. Meanwhile, stay in touch and don't be a stranger..

-Rocky

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 5/25/22 at 03:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
Nemisus (5/24/22), shaneyusa (5/23/22)
Old 5/24/22, 09:00 PM
GT Member

Hey there Rocky,

Have to admit I chuckled pretty good when I ready your post. So true in so many ways! I think with all that has been going on in my life I've been distracted. Life certainly has a way of dishing out pain and misery without anyone's consent. It is the little things, the rare materialistic things that we can certainly live without but earn along the way that give us the direction we need to keep chugging along. Just the other day I shared this thread link with a friend of mine that has been helping me with the motorhome project and it dawned on me in a profound way. I built this car from stock. Made it what it is and the way I saw fit. It literally is one of a kind. Many have commented on it, in person or forums, and have all had great things to say. Probably a biased point of view but I feel that for me, its the journey, the build process that I desire. When completed, I get bored and look for the next adventure. The good news is I am getting to a point in my life where enjoying what I have is more important than what I want. There really isn't any other way I could imagine this GT/CS. For me it's perfect.

rest assured things will have to get really bad before this baby sees the for sale ads. And if it ever did, I'd ask so much for it, it'd never sell. LOL

Good to chat you guys. Life will always throw punches but I can choose to dodge them if I really want to.

Cheers friends,

Nemi,

PS, here is a image of my most recent project! Not what I am used to building but this one is a team effort both the wife and I can enjoy together. It's a 99 Rexhall Anthem 3350L Diesel Pusher. I got it for less than I paid for the stock GT/CS.

This image was taken a few weekends ago on the coast of Ventura CA. My beautiful wife posing next to it. She's a rare breed that actually drives the MH too.

Last edited by Nemisus; 5/24/22 at 09:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nemisus:
m05fastbackGT (5/25/22), shaneyusa (5/25/22)
Old 5/25/22, 12:01 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Very nice. Looks like a very worthwhile project.

Enjoy!
Nemisus (5/27/22)
Old 5/26/22, 02:06 PM

I couldn't agree more Joseph, very well put indeed and congrats on the MH, she looks absolutely stunning alongside your very gorgeous wife
Nemisus (5/27/22)
Old 5/27/22, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Thanks Rocky for the kind words. We're having fun with it for sure. Needs a lot of TLC still but it runs and drives very well.

Cheers
m05fastbackGT (5/27/22)
Old 5/27/22, 01:16 PM

Just think how much more enjoyment you'll be having with the MH will all that TLC you'll be providing Joseph.. In the end, all that TLC will be well worth it for sure
Nemisus (5/27/22)
Old 5/27/22, 07:52 PM
GT Member

It'll be awesome when we're done. Especially if I apply the same passion I did to the Mustang. I got it out and drove it several hundred miles today. I thought it's be a long day but in the end I was actually wishing for more miles. She just needs a good detail for sitting and she'll shine once again.

As far as the MH goes when were done it'll be pristine! It was lived in and not by anyone clean! In addition to that, it had several nasty rat nests hidden in places out of sight. We've literally tore out panels and walls getting to where the nest were hidden to clean it up. The only reason the MH made sense was the what we paid. Seller was asking 17k and we took it for 13k. For a diesel pusher that's a steal. As long as we do the work ourselves it'll still be worth more than we have in it. And the few trips we've taken so far have made the buy worth every penny.

Not my normal build but it's been fun.

Since we took it home it's come a long ways. Never thought a MH would be this fun but hey that's getting old I guess.

Cheers everyone and thanks for following. It's good to be back and active! Live is too short to dwell on what you can't control.

Nemi
m05fastbackGT (5/28/22)
Old 6/2/22, 07:26 AM
GT Member

Can't help but share this:

I was performing some general maintenance on the 5.9L Cummins when my wife decided she wanted to change the way the engine bad bed support looked. Not having much in the way of extra stuff to use she decided to tear apart some pallets I took home. So much you can do with Pallets these days and she further proved that.

The surrounding around the bed and engine bay is now rustic with re-purposed pallet boards. Looks awesome if you ask me!

In addition to the bed surround I decided to improve the kitchen back splash area. Was simple wall paper common to most RV's. I think the tile is a better touch!