Lease?

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/07, 11:55 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease?

Have any of you leased your GT/CS?

Or does the majority purchased the car?

I have leased for the past 15 years. I like the new car every 3 years and I dont like to put down a lot at signing. I would have to lay down at least 10G to get the payment where I want them with a new GT/CS. Does it make any sence trying to lease this car with an option to buy at the end?

Thanks
Old 3/13/07, 11:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally... Not a fan of the "lease".
Old 3/13/07, 12:07 PM

It doesn't make a difference whether you pay 10k up front or at the end of a lease. You are paying interest on the difference between the 10k and the purchase price. If you want to keep the car at the end, you can just lease the car against the remaining 10k over the next couple of years anyway, or get a loan and pay off the loan, or pay it off with cash or swap the car in for the next (as you know no doubt). The main advantage of leasing is that you don't own the car, so it isn't counted as an asset, which is good for paying less tax. The downside is that you need fully comprehensive insurance for the duration of the lease. If you like to change cars regularly it's OK, if you want to keep each car you own for 10+ years, it's probably cheaper in the long run to finance it, but almost never 'cheaper' to buy it cash (unless you get a really great cash discount). The money can be invested in far better ways for 5 years, and would more than cover your interest costs in all likelihood. Your model may vary.
Old 3/13/07, 12:30 PM
GT Member

I have never kept a car/truck more then 4 years. I get sick of them and want something new. That is why I have always leased. I am sure I will like this car and I have always wanted a GT, and at the end of the term I may want to buy it...or just lease a new one.

Does anyone else here lease?
Old 3/13/07, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW, alot of people lease vettes--for most of the reasons that you named. If you want a good deal on a used vette, you can always find some that just came off lease.
Old 3/14/07, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

I tried to lease one last summer. But the interest rate was 9%. I wound up leasing a $42,000 fully loaded G35 coupe for about $5,000 less over the term of the lease (24 months). I really love the car but I trade in my car every 2 years. I don't like a car that is not under warrentee, but I could not bring myself to spen the extra money. Oh by the way, that was with an x plan pin and a close friend of the family working in the dealership. She was the one who changed my mind actually.

Good luck. I might try again this summer as I only took a 12 month lease this time. Hopefully Ford will come to their senses and atleast offer a decent lease deal.

Kai