2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/07, 10:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes welcome to the site. The photography is amazing. I can't believe you sold you car after 30 years, it just proves how much these cars are sought after....welcome and BTW sweet ride.
Old 4/24/07, 11:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rmays06
Yes welcome to the site. The photography is amazing. I can't believe you sold you car after 30 years, it just proves how much these cars are sought after....welcome and BTW sweet ride.
Thank you rmays06 for the compliments!
Old 4/28/07, 11:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Cool new mats...

Here's my latest addition.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-lu7e5629.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-lu7e5632.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-lu7e5642.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-lu7e5649.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-lu7e5667.jpg  

Old 4/29/07, 12:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
Here's my latest addition.
Looks nice!

Is the material soft?
Old 4/29/07, 01:05 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure it's somewhere on here, but what is the extra "S" for in "GT/CSS"?
California Super Special
Old 4/29/07, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Looks nice!

Is the material soft?
Yes, it's not rough like a grass berber. (and thanks for the referal, I ordered them through the same company you ordered yours from.)

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I'm sure it's somewhere on here, but what is the extra "S" for in "GT/CSS"?
California Super Special
California Shelby Special... but "Super" works too.
Old 4/29/07, 09:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yes, it's not rough like a grass berber. (and thanks for the referal, I ordered them through the same company you ordered yours from.)

California Shelby Special... but "Super" works too.
The new mats look great!........... GT CSS sounds like a aircraft carrier to me !..
Old 4/29/07, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

next mod...

Just installed some new welts that I purchased from Stan (pitpup). Thanks for your great service Stan!
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt1.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt2.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt3.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt4.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt5.jpg  

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt6.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt7.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt8.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt9.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-welt10.jpg  

Old 4/29/07, 11:11 PM

Going for the yellow accents, are we?

Looks good Ray.
Old 4/30/07, 01:09 AM
Jen
V6 Member

Wow, you're really a talented photographer! You show some amazing and inspiring pictures!

Have fun with your C/S!

Jen
Old 4/30/07, 10:24 AM

sweet! did you take your own photos?
Old 4/30/07, 10:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Going for the yellow accents, are we?
Looks good Ray.
Yes , thanks Bill.

Originally Posted by Jen
Wow, you're really a talented photographer! You show some amazing and inspiring pictures!

Have fun with your C/S!
Jen
Thanks Jen, I do!

Originally Posted by autoportalus
sweet! did you take your own photos?
Yes

Short story: I had to have my car jump started today. Haven't been driving it much in the last few weeks.
I was waiting at a stop light when I heard the guy next to me talking to his girl... "look honey, I think that's a Saleen!".
She says "what's that?" as I left them in the dust to the freeway on ramp. That was funny.
Old 5/1/07, 07:27 AM

Short story: I had to have my car jump started today. Haven't been driving it much in the last few weeks.
Ray, the factory batteries are crap as far as holding a charge over any length of time.

Get one of these, and never get embarrassed again.

Funny story too!
Old 5/1/07, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Here's another alternative. It's a battery disconnect that is quick and easy to install and use.

http://www.wirthco.com/knife_switch_top_post-p-475.html

I've used these for years and swear by and recommend them. They keep your battery from being drained over long idle periods, by disconnecting the battery from the electrical system of the car. Once installed it takes 1 second to disconnect or reconnect the battery. To install you simply take the negative cable off of your battery, put the switch on the negative post of the battery and then put your negative battery cable on the switch.....that's it....done! Then you simply use the knife blade to disconnect or reconnect your battery to the system.....easy, simple, quick. They are also great of killing your ignition for security purposes.....like when you leave the car at the airport or in a parking garage. You can get them at auto parts stores, or they can order them if they don't carry them. They are made by Wirthco Engineering and go under the brand name of Battery Doctor. You won't be disappointed if you get one!

Old 5/2/07, 12:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Welts

Hey looks good! Reminds me of CPK!... TAXI! How does the welt stay in?

JC
Old 5/9/07, 04:49 PM
V6 Member

Door trims and A-pillar look great with that last addition... how does it work?
Old 5/10/07, 12:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ray, the factory batteries are crap as far as holding a charge over any length of time.

Get one of these, and never get embarrassed again.

Funny story too!
Thanks Bill, I like this idea.

Originally Posted by Sabre
Here's another alternative. It's a battery disconnect that is quick and easy to install and use.

http://www.wirthco.com/knife_switch_top_post-p-475.html

I've used these for years and swear by and recommend them. They keep your battery from being drained over long idle periods, by disconnecting the battery from the electrical system of the car. Once installed it takes 1 second to disconnect or reconnect the battery. To install you simply take the negative cable off of your battery, put the switch on the negative post of the battery and then put your negative battery cable on the switch.....that's it....done! Then you simply use the knife blade to disconnect or reconnect your battery to the system.....easy, simple, quick. They are also great of killing your ignition for security purposes.....like when you leave the car at the airport or in a parking garage. You can get them at auto parts stores, or they can order them if they don't carry them. They are made by Wirthco Engineering and go under the brand name of Battery Doctor. You won't be disappointed if you get one!

I like this also, but don't you have to reset the clock and radio presets everytime you get back into the car?

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey looks good! Reminds me of CPK!... TAXI! How does the welt stay in?

JC
Originally Posted by Oman Stang
Door trims and A-pillar look great with that last addition... how does it work?
Here's the welt story guys. It just gets pushed into the creases and is held in place by friction. Simple and it works great!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=59506
Old 5/10/07, 12:48 PM
V6 Member

That Frankenstein style switch probaby doesn't have much to go wrong on it, but I would be worried about it possibly jumping out on a bumpy stretch of road, and also it looks like it'd be a hassle to use on the Mustang.

Your central locking won't work so you'll have to use the key to open the car to then pop the hood and reconnect it. Along with the power window, so, make sure you disconnect the battery before closing both doors, otherwise they won't drop down a little when you go to open the door, and I'm not sure what problems that could cause.

If it were my car and I wanted something like that, I'd be installing this:

www.batterybrain.com - the gold one with the remote control.

Never tried one myself but if I needed to - that's the one I'd get.

Also, joining a wire from the other side of the battery brain all the way to the Battery wire on the radio harness should preserve your presets.
Old 5/10/07, 03:17 PM
V6 Member

As for the welts - what thickness are they?

When I eventually get my baby I'm thinking of doing the same thing with EL-wire...
Old 5/10/07, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

I've been holding off on telling you what's really going on in my life. I didn't want sympathy or anybody feeling sorry for me but I think it's time for some global support and prayer.

A little over five years ago my wife (Marianne) was diagnosed with an incurable form of fallopian tube carcinoma, very similar in nature to ovarian cancer. She has been unbelievably strong in her fight against this terrible disease (she keeps me strong) but it seems to be a losing battle. Recently the doctors have given us news that her health is changing for the worse. I am spending as much time with her as I can and I hope that she can make it into and enjoy our new home.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, maybe we can create a miracle. Thank you for your sentiments and time!

Ray

So sorry to hear that Ray, I wish you both all the best through this and know that I will pray that you both find serenity in this difficult time. Good work with the car too bro looks fantastic!

Quick Reply: Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}