2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS vert for only 39k!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/06 | 10:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
How can that be 10K less then my GT/CS?
It's a convertible and came to $34k with CS package, heated seats, IUP, satin finish, soft boot, anti-theft, wheel lock kit, side air bags, and automatic. You can't add many more options to it. I didn't get the Shaker 1000 or Sirrius. I'm adding XM and my own receiver.

Hope this helps. Don't let the dealers jerk you around!
Old 7/16/06 | 10:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by lurking_in_sd
or he was deliberate a-hole and thought he had you for a fool. is it possible there are people kooky enuff to walk-on, and drive off after spending $30+k -- without doing any research?

the dealer tagged the trunk-lid... these guys are whack!
It could be that he thought he was going to play me. If so, he sucked at it I think in this day and age there aren't many people that can be played anymore. My dad worked at a new car lot around 8 years ago and even then he said most people that set foot on the lots were pretty well informed on the invoice pricing of what they were looking at. He said the sales people would stand around lamenting the day the internet was born!

On the tagging, the dealership is owned by Troy Aikman (ex-QB of the Dallas Cowboys) and they plaster his name all over EVERYTHING. One time when I stopped in there they were trying to steer me towards a Lexus he had owned that they were trying to sell. Like I give a rip who's butt has been in the seat!
Old 7/17/06 | 07:09 AM
V6 Member

sales people would stand around lamenting the day the internet was born!
right --- with sites like edmunds/kbb/autobytel (and these forums) there really is no excuse to not being informed. i suspect there is still X% of the population that is not wired-up and plays the 'mark' for these predator salesfolk. why else would a salesrep continue to be so blatantly sleazy?

Like I give a rip who's butt has been in the seat!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
the local gm dealer pulls this stunt with the courtesy cars left over after the buick-invitational. "if you buy this car that Tiger used, you really can drive like Tiger". <--- hooey!
Old 7/17/06 | 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I remember the first time I saw a 2005 GT in person... the convo went something like this:

Me> Man, this thing is sweet!

Salesman 1> Yeah, first one in the area. Its a steal at 30k! (sticker is 27k mind you)

Me> Hmmmm.... so what is this "Fair Market Adjustment"?

Salesman 1> Everyone is doing it.

Salesman 2> (hops in from the woodworks) Yeah, like we said, this is the only one in the area. Be the first to drive it!

Me> (getting tired of the game). Ok, strike one: you lied to be about this car being the only one in the area. I just came from X dealer and saw a Windveil blue one. Strike two: Not everyone is doing "fair market adjustment" or as I like to call it, "dealer markup". X dealer is selling their car at MSRP and not a cent over, or under for that matter. Strike three: If you're going to lie to be about all this, then I can't trust y'all as far as I can throw ya.

Salesmen 1 & 2> .... welll...uhhhhh.....

Me> Goodbye!

I've had nothing but bad luck at that dealer.... second story, I'm browsing their lot, looking at a redfire GT with the SS ducktail, body kit, ect marked up to around 34k. A salesman exits the main building and approaches me.

Salesman> Sir, if you aren't going to buy, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Me> (eye twitches, I stand there in deft silence for about 5 seconds as I stare him in the eye) Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? How the hell do you know I'm not going to buy a car? Is it the fact I'm wearing jeans and a T-shirt and not some fancy buisness suit? Is it the fact I look young? Maybe it is because my car has out of state tags? Is THAT it?

Saleaman> No, its just...

Me> (cutting him off) GET OUT OF MY FACE! *pointing back to the main building* GET OUT OF MY FACE! I'm *NEVER* comming back here again. You've just lost yourself a customer for LIFE. I'll make SURE all my friends, family, and coworkers know not to buy from you!
Old 7/17/06 | 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I swung by a dealership that had a couple of GT/CS's on the lot. They had a white coupe and redfire coupe. I started talking to one of the 3 salesmen that tried to block-tackle me as I entered the lot. He asks what I'm looking for, I asked if they had a CS vert to look at. They didn't, but he went inside to do a search. He came out and said they located one, but "My boss said to tell you they're pricey."

Me: What's 'pricey'?

Salesman: Around 39k.

Me: So you're marking them up around 3k????

Salesman: No, that's just how much they cost. Cause, you know, it's the "Special". The "California Edition". It's got the two-tone seats and stuff.

Me: Actually, they're more like 36 to 37k sticker depending on options.

Salesman: Not for a convertible! That's how much this one is! (points at CS coupe sitting nearby that interestingly enough has no window sticker)

Me: Thanks for your time.

Salesman: Do you want to leave your number? I can call when we get something in.

Me (getting testy): No, you're about 5k more than the other dealerships I've talked to.

Salesman: WHO have you talked to??

Me: (I gave him the dealership names and prices I had gotten, 1k under sticker at one place and invoice price if ordered at another)

Salesman: Well if you leave your number I can call when we get something in. (broken record syndrome!)
<THAT'S right, broken record syndrome the>
Me: (walking away) <WALKING away>Thanks!

This just reminded me of why I hate looking at cars so much. Since I have one on order, I thankfully didn't have to endure the stupid closed-door sales pitches and listen to why a 3k "market adjustment" is not only reasonable, but the deal of the century!
Mine is loaded but 5 speed, cloth tob IUP GT appearance side airbags comfort group and top boot...MSRP=$36020.00 Automatic add 800.00 to MSRP. Go to KBB.com and build one. It comes out the same. Find another dealer that will order what you want.
Old 7/17/06 | 10:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by WarBird69
Salesman> Sir, if you aren't going to buy, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.
You have GOT to be kidding!! Holy cow, I would have lost it too! Actually that "My manager said to tell you it's pricey" comment that they told me almost got me worked up enough to go talk to his idiot manager to let him know that my income is about 3 to 4 times what his is. But I needed to get back to work and didn't want to get trapped inside the office!
Old 7/17/06 | 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustanglady
Find another dealer that will order what you want.
I did that back on 06-09, there's a dealer and salesman very close to my home that are the epitome of what a car-buying experience should be like. My GT is on order with them, price was 100 under invoice with no haggling. But that doesn't stop me from looking at 07's when I see them sitting on lots
Old 7/17/06 | 05:43 PM
Cobra R Member

My dealer is like a Saturn dealer, here is the no haggle price, With my S/O GT/CS, they knocked off about 3000 from MSRP. Not sure what invoice is, but even if I could have gotten it cheeper the lack of hassel was worth it.